Search results

1. Umich684

Grizzly G1023RL Cabinet Saw and G0564 Edge Sander

I'm in CLT, and moving soon to Parts unknown! What's your timeframe?
  2. Umich684

Grizzly G1023RL Cabinet Saw and G0564 Edge Sander

My 2 cents as a heavy Grizzly user; G1023rl, I have some real hesitation on table saws w/ a single v-belt for power. I use the g0605 and have seen the real benefit of power behind the blade. That being said, the onboard dc is not spectacular. Depends a lot on what you're hooked up to, with my...
  3. Umich684

Exterior Shutter Material Selection

Completely for looks. 2 Center raised panel type. Gonna use it as a distracting project when the InLaws are in town!
  4. Umich684

Mixed Grade Hard Maple $2.5/bdft

Hang in there, trying to get photos to load....
  5. Umich684

Mixed Grade Hard Maple $2.5/bdft

We have 1080 bdft of Hard Maple for sale. Happy to let the whole bunk go for $2.00/bdft If you'd like to pick through for small lots we'll have to grade $2.50 - $5.00 I bought it from my uncle(a sawyer) years ago and have been using it for lots of projects. Now I need the space back...
  6. Umich684

Exterior Shutter Material Selection

I have an abundance of Hard Maple and white cedar in the shop. My house needs new shutters on the front and I'm at a loss for which material to use. I understand the natural characteristics of both woods, but if there is a solid exterior latex on all sides would the material selection matter...
  7. Umich684

Finished Home Office Cabinet...Finally

Peter that is fantastic. Excellent representation on the rendering. On the swing-out portion, both your digital and final, the box on the hinge side is a little different than the handle side. How come? support? Very nice piece.
  8. Umich684

bending 2 1/2"cherry

PopPop, do you mean Thos. Moser? He has great collections, and in general is a great company for any of us to follow. I think you mean http://www.thosmoser.com/collection/edo/product/1380/edo_rocker/ this EDO rocker, and it is way cool. I pulled out his catalogue from this year and could see...
  9. Umich684

Any gotchas in making a closet system

Hey Gary, Have built a ton of closets, kitchen grade and otherwise. We all want it to be beautiful, but the first thing to keep in mind has got to be storage. When I'm designing for a client we totally start with what they have in the house and want to put in the newly designed space. Don't...
  10. Umich684

Unistrut for overhead trolley ?

Parallel or perpendicular to the joint span? Totally agree on reinforcing the joist web, using a thru-bolt and strap hangar to not damage top/bottom cords.
  11. Umich684

Yeah, I'll try something different

Ha ha! That's an excellent question. I think it'll be a long walk in the woods to find the the right pre-curved 2" stem...:banana:http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/images/smilies/banana006.gif
  12. Umich684

I fabricated in my shop. I'll move it with the forks next door when it's ready. As far as why curved...why not?:-) My steps are in the background, they're as utility as they come. The neighbors have a showroom for clients and wanted to see something different.
  13. Umich684

The shop next to us wanted a set of stairs to get to the storage space above their office. I was in between projects and felt like fooling around. Framed plenty of stairways, even built a few volutes...but first time for a full curve. Lots of fun to build, but man does it take a lot of clamps...
  14. Curved Stairs

Curved Stairs

View down
  15. Curved Stairs

Curved Stairs

16. Curved Stairs

Curved Stairs

Steps Complete
  17. Curved Stairs

Curved Stairs

first few steps
  18. Curved Stairs