Search results

1. L

Spring hinge screw

I need your help finding spring hinge screws. I will explain its use. I am making a cross stitch floor frame. The work piece will be held together with these two screws. Looking down on the one application you will see four pieces of wood with a screw head on the far left of the four pieces with...
  2. L

Dust problem with planer

I am making a oak tabletop cabinet and have had no problems with the planer, in fact I just put new blades into it. The oak planed just fine but when I tried to plane some poplar it stopped up the dust system. I remember a friend of mine use to have problems with his system when ever he would...
  3. L

Safe cut for split rail

How can I safely cut a split in a 1/2" or less dowel which will be left attached on one end? I have a tablesaw and a bandsaw.
  4. L

Measuring for picture frames question

My super sled works great and cuts a beautiful miter cut however this brings up another question. Is there a formula for determing how much extra length is needed for a frame that is say 14" on the inside with a 2 1/4" wide stock?
  5. L

Miter cuts for picture frames

I need help making a good miter with a cross cut saw. I have tried this for years now and still can't seem to get a decent miter. There must be a secret that someone can share. I searched the web earlier this evening. One thought was to make sure I had a good fine tooth blade in the saw. My...
  6. L

Craftsman tablesaw

If you take a look at the Craftsman tablesaw listed on our site you will see my new purchase. Many thanks to all who answered my post about professional tablesaws vs hybrid saws. There is a lot that came with the saw that is a puzzle to me but with time I will figure it all out. Thanks again...
  7. L

Hybrid vs professional tablesaw?

I would like some advice on the difference between a hybrid tablesaw and a professional tablesaw. I have a Ridgid contractors saw that has served me well in the last six years but I wish to upgrad to one that has a good dust system and a fence that is accurate and I don't have to have 3 or more...
  8. L

Need to sign in each time I come back

Has something changed? When I exit the site and return I have to sign in each time. How can I change this?
  9. L

Badland root wood teak

Anyone know where badland root wood which is teak was salvaged from? I have a neighbor who has a coffee table that she paid $150 for and was curious as to where the wood came from? I just went online and found it to be very expensive and appears that the furniture is made from roots. Just...
  10. L

Grandfather clock

I recently examined an old grandfather clock at a local thrift store. It caught my eye because it was fully staged with all the workings I expect to purchase if I ever get around to making that grandfather clock that is on my list of things to make. I estimate that I will spend between $400 and...
  11. L

Static electricity in dust systems

I have been using a Cummings 1 hp dust machine with 4" pvc pipe for about 5 years. When I first installed the system I put the copper wire throughout the system but eventually removed it because it was constantly stopping the flow. I just received a 2 hp Grizzly that will replace the Cummings. I...
  12. L

Hybrid Grizzly tablesaw

I am looking at stepping up to a hybrid tablesaw for my shop. I considered a Craftsman because they were suppose to have a Biesemeyer fence but they have taken that off the hybrid model. I am now looking at Grizzly's G0715P model but I have concerns about their fence. The fence has to be good...
  13. L

Ridgid tablesaw replacement parts

I have Ridgid tablesaw model No. TS24122 that has now decided that it may need to be replaced. Why you might ask? Well, the pulley that drives the motor has a wobble and now can't hold the belt. I called the dealer only to be told to go on line and order the part. It is no longer available, they...
  14. L

Honing stone question

I have a honing stone that measures about 3 x 7. I have been using it for my chisels for several years. I don't remember where I got it but I now wonder do I put oil on it for application or water? Does it matter or can I use it without either oil or water. It probably came from Lowes.
  15. L

Filling knot holes in knotty pine

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to use to fill holes in knotty pine? I can pick around and sellect areas of the boards that don't have the holes but thought if I could find something that would fill the holes and look nice I would do that. Waste not want not you know? I am looking...
  16. L

Hand planer how to

I am looking for someone in my area who maybe able to give me some hands on instructions on how to use and care for manual hand planers. I noticed the sharpening class posted earlier, that would be nice but it is too far for me to travel.
  17. L

Using prepared wood

In all of the furniture and cabinets that I have made thus far, I have used rough cut lumber in which I prepared the lumber myself. I have on occasion worked with lumber that had already been planed down to size. I am today preparing side panels for a kitchen cabinet in which the lumber has...
  18. L

Knotty pine search

I am about to start a knotty pine cupboard for my daughter to match her existing kitchen. Please tell me I don't have to go to Lowes to purchase the materials. Their prices are too high and I don't need someone prepping my materials for me. Appreciate any help in finding the pine.
  19. L

Applying hinges

Nothing can be more frustrating than to complete a project and find you can't get the doors to close with ease. I have just completed a tall wall unit for a kitchen and have two sets of doors with a convection oven going into the middle space. I am using 3/8th inset finale hinges. Does anyone...
  20. L

Delta 6" jointer replacement knives

Need help guys, I have to replace my knives on my jointer for the first time. I understand that Model JT360 is 37-658 replacement. They run anywhere from $60 to $89. I purchased the jointer at Lowes 12/05 and have noticed over the years that replacement knives ran about $40. I just want to...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS