Search results

1. C

Machinery repair?

I was able to get a hold of someone through Woodcraft. He came out and fixed it within an hour. My only regret is that we didn't call him sooner. Thanks for the help everyone.
  2. C

2017 Raffle Grand Prize - Hammer Jointer/Planer - Valued over $4450

Makes sense. No worries. I was just curious.
  3. C

2017 Raffle Grand Prize - Hammer Jointer/Planer - Valued over $4450

Any chance tickets are available with PayPal? I've got a $50 balance there burning a hole in my pocket.
  4. C

Machinery repair?

I sentence a message to Leneave and will try Woodcraft in the morning. Thx everyone.
  5. C

Anyone know of a kiln in within 2 hours of Charlotte that wouldn't mind sterilizing a small batch?

Thanks Scott. I'll see if I can get it out there by Monday. I'll email you over the weekend either way.
  6. C

Machinery repair?

I put in a call to Wendell's to see if they do Grizzlys. Thanks for the advice everyone.
  7. C

Anyone know of a kiln in within 2 hours of Charlotte that wouldn't mind sterilizing a small batch?

Is that Kyle Edward's mill? I saw his site but he says he doesn't do drying runs for the public.
  8. C

Machinery repair?

A local Charlotte shop I've been buying wood from has a Grizzly G0503 resaw that the blade won't track on. They've tried fixing it in house but are ready to pay someone to get it running. Any suggestions for who they should call?
  9. C

I need ~300-400 bdft of reclaimed white oak sterilized sometime in the next week or so. Closer is obviously better, but I'll take what I can get.
  10. C

live edge slabs

Thanks for the offer Ricky. Sent you a PM.
  11. C

Anchorseal

I know a guy that has some up off of Rozelles Ferry that I may be able to put you in touch with if nothing else works out.
  12. C

Does Anyone Know Who This Is?

Without knowing the specifics of that particular advice I don't agree with your final conclusion. My guess is that the lawyer was referring to an attempt to copyright facts aka the machine is green, has a 3/4 hp motor, cuts up to 20", runs at 2000 rpm etc. In which case that's correct, that...
  13. C

Again, not legal advice in any way, but a quick check shows that the site is using bigcommerce.com for its hosting. They have a standard policy for DMCA claims found here - https://www.bigcommerce.com/terms/ Just follow exactly what it says in 10.1 and make sure to provide links to your FAQ...
  14. C

The following is not legal advice. If he copied what you wrote on your site and posted it on his, the simplest remedy is to file a DMCA takedown request with his hosting provider. They're then required to remove access to the identified content within a reasonable time, usually 24-72 hours...
  15. C

Anyone here know Fred Of Executive Woodsmiths in Charlotte?

Nope. He's been posting them sporadically on CL. I think it's by appt only as I tagged along through a friend. I saw 3 36" bandsaws (Tannewitz), a massive 7 head moulder, more modern 6 head, the giant planer etc. Countless clamps and smaller tools. The space had to be 20,000 sqft at least...
  16. C

Anyone here know Fred Of Executive Woodsmiths in Charlotte?

Wow does he have an amazing location, inventory and tool selection here in CLT. I had the fortune of meeting him recently and read about his outfitting of the king of Thailand's castle years ago. He must still have miles of wood for trim and moldings. It sounds like he's downsizing as well due...
  17. C

Reclaimed wood

We bought from Jim at www.copeandstick.com. They're a few miles north of Uptown Charlotte.
  18. C

Reclaimed wood

It's a bit further of a hike but there's a local store in Charlotte that has tons of domestic reclaimed wood, including beautiful but expensive 300 yr old French oak.
  19. C

(SOLD) RDU CL - heavy duty tools - WOOD WORKING MACHINERY FOR SALE - $1 (Morrisville)

Re: RDU CL - heavy duty tools - WOOD WORKING MACHINERY FOR SALE - $1 (Morrisville) He wants $750 for the shop fox W1812 model. Selling the machines for his dad. I'm hunting for a larger moulder so just thought I'd share.
  20. C

Old Beams

I was quoted $40/lft on 6"x6" hewn barn beams from CLT building supply houses last summer. Ended up finding a large local source less than half of that fortunately.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS