Search results

1. buildintechie

Kreg Deck Jig...on the CHEAP! You can get it too!

Hey all, was at my local Lowes just now, and they were clearing out non-stock items. On the pile of random crap, there was an unopened Kreg Deck Jig, for a whopping $30. I snagged it, and got 5% off with my Lowes card. A number of years ago, somebody posted a receipt for a $750 drill press...
  2. buildintechie

Eastern White Pine Siding issue

Hey all- In preparation for my addition, I've replaced a few boards of siding on my house, which is bevel Eastern White Pine. I've stained the boards to match with a blue solid color Sherwin Williams exterior stain. A couple weeks after applying the stain I have noticed where the knots...
  3. buildintechie

Gutter Company

Anybody have a recommendation for a gutter company in the Raleigh/Durham area? Will be replacing all my gutters during my addition. Thanks
  4. buildintechie

Replacement Lighted Extension Cord Ends

Anybody know where I can find a replacement lighted extenstion cord plug? The outer insulation has pulled out of the end of my 100' yellow jacekt extension cord, and I'd like to replace it with another end that has a light in it. Anybody know of a supplier? Ebay, Amazon and the usual suspects...
  5. buildintechie

Source for wood windows?

Hey all- I'll be starting an addition to my house in the next month or two, and am doing my final product sourcing. I need a suggestion for wooden windows...I don't want the Pella crap from Lowes...wood insides and aluminum outsides. We want wood on the inside and outside...because I think...
  6. buildintechie

Would like to borrow an 18ga flooring nailer

Hey all- I've found a good deal on some strand bamboo flooring, and need an 18ga cleat nailer to install it with. Anybody have one I could borrow for a couple days? Thanks
  7. buildintechie

Tool Gloat - Makita Lithium Ion Impact Wrench/ Driver set

Thanks to all the input from you guys on a drill to replace my 10+ year old Dewalt 18v XRP cordless drill, I acquired the Makita 18v Lithium Ion Impact Wrench, Driver, and Flashlight set. So far these tools have performed flawlessly...it's so nice to finally have a drill and a separate...
  8. buildintechie

WIP: Glass Polisher Workebench

Hey all- So my dad blows glass as a hobby, and recently invested in a glass polisher to help him restore the bottom of his pieces to optical quality (when you cut glass, you roughen the bottom, so it's not 100% transparent). He is currently keeping it on a portable Black and Decker work stand...
  9. buildintechie

Recommendations on a new cordless Drill

Hey all- I thing its getting time to retire my 10 year old Dewalt 18v XRP cordless drill/driver. I've had the batteries refurbed once, and the clutch is really starting to slip when it bears down under alot of torque, no matter what the torque adjust collar is set on. I'm intrigued by this...
  10. buildintechie

Discounted High End Home Improvement Products

Hey all- My sister invited me to join Bulx awhile ago, and I never really visited the site (thought it was a scam), until I started planning our home addition. She's used it with success, and I finally took a look at it this week...and made my first purchase today. They offer high end home...
  11. buildintechie

Chain saw Mill Ripping Chain?

All- I've a buddy who just picked up a chain saw mill kit from Northern Tool, and has been having difficulty locating a "ripping" chain for his saw. Anybody have a suggestion for a local supplier? He said he found one source, but it was a 500 foot minimum order, and you had to cut and link...
  12. buildintechie

Source for Wood Windows, lumber and cedar siding?

Hey all- I'm planning an addition to my house, and am working up the cost for budgeting...can anybody suggest an ECONOMICAL source for wood windows, dimensional lumber, and cedar siding? I'm planning on doing most of the work myself. Thanks ~Jeff
  13. buildintechie

Uses for sawdust?

Anybody have suggested uses for sawdust I'm working on planing down the batch of wood I bought from Jack (saw4you) about a year and a half ago (i know...i know). So, I'm producing tons of sawdust, anybody know what I can do with it, besides putting it in the yard waste bin for the city to...
  14. buildintechie

Cedar Logs

Hey all- I have some cedar logs from a tree I cut down this past week...I don't have the means to mill them, so I'm offering them to somebody who does. I've got a nice long log, and a couple smaller ones, plus the stump. As you can see from the picture, they're a very pretty heart. I'm...
  15. buildintechie

Finished Coffee Table...5 years in the making.

I finally finished my coffee table today. I started building it over 5 years ago...and stole the concept from an Ikea coffee table. It took me so long, because once I built the panels and the tops I didn't want to continue because I was afraid I would mess it up. Well, the past 6 months I've...
  16. buildintechie

Help! White Spots on Poly

Hello all- I'm working on finishing my coffee table, and after applying the first coat of Minwax Polyurethane on the sides of it, I've developed a number of white spots all over the piece. I've attached a picture for an example. I've been sanding with 280 grit after I stain prior to applying...
  17. buildintechie

Help me find a specific piece of hardware!

Hello all- I'm working on getting this split top coffee table I've been working on for years finished, and realized I'm lacking one specific piece of hardware. As you can see, there is a piece of the top that can be removed. The object is to store that table piece under the bottom...
  18. buildintechie

Elevating Work for Finishing

What do you all use to elevate your work off the bench when you're finishing it? Or do you just finish one side? Just curious. Thanks
  19. buildintechie

Help- Small Stain Spots

Hey all- I'm applying finish to my coffee table components, and evidently I missed wiping part of the last coat after applying it...and I've got a few small shiny stain spots where it didn't soak in (hence why you wipe it...duh). Anyways, I'm planning on topcoating this with a clear...
  20. buildintechie

HF Quick Clamp - Crap

So last week I ordered 5' of link belt for my table saw hoping to solve the issue with the table vibrating alot, especially during startup (and it DID!), and ordered a 12" quick clamp on a whim...I used a coupon for it, which made it free, plus a 20% off coupon which more than covered shipping...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS