Search results

1. P

RAS safety / rebate

I had an old sears RAS that finally quit running. It did not have a retrofit. Called them up, they sent the the boxes to package the motor and paid the shipping costs to get it to them. Within a couple of weeks, I had my check for $100.
  2. P

FREE cabinets 10' upper and lower

Thanks for keeping me in mind!
  3. P

FREE cabinets 10' upper and lower

Phil - I could use 10-12' of uppers and lowers for a garage if you have any to come available and are not spoken for. I'm retired so I could demo/pickup at anytime that is convenient for you. Thanks. Evans
  4. P

Propane Club thread moved ..updated update

Re: Propane Club thread moved ( update ) I'm in Durham and went thru the process of looking for another distributor this past summer. I'm with EnergyUnited Propane and I call them when I want my tank filled. I try to fill in the summer when it is cheaper and then buy less in Jan to get me...
  5. P

new bandsaw

There's a grizzly G0555 on Raleigh CL for $400. Link - http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/2620557952.html
  6. P

Powermatic table saw

If anyone is interested in a Powermatic table saw, this one has never been used. I saw it today and I don't think a blade has ever been put on it. It was kept in a climate controlled basement and I didn't see any signs of rust. I'm sure he will let it go for less than $2000. I bought a dust...
  7. P

They are Back- 10% off Coupons at Lowes

Don't forget that Lowe's is giving a 10% bonus on a gift card that you buy up until March 18(I think that is the right date). If you buy a $500 gift card, on march 18 they will add 10% to it. You can get a gift card up to $4,000 and they will ad 10% to it.
  8. P

Thinning Latex for HVLP

I have a fuji and have sprayed only Ben Moore water based paints. I had to thin those paints about 25-33%. The right amount of thinning is determined by the viscosity cup and the manual(which tells you how many seconds it should take for water based paints to flow thru). I used distilled...
  9. P

Need HVLP purchase advice

I bought the Fuji Mini-mite 3 with the gravity feed gun in August, 2009. I had never used anything except a spray can before. It was very easy to learn how to use and it is very easy to go thru the cleanup procedure after each spray session. I have never had a single problem with it even...
  10. P

Should router be my next buy?

I'll throw out one that no one has mentioned. You can find the old craftsman radial arm saws for $50-$100 on CL. Most people are getting rid of them since they take up some room and the table saw does everything a radial arm saw will do(and do it better) except crosscut long boards. When I...
  11. P

Potentially GREAT Tool Findsssss, but First an Opportunity to Help

I just did the same thing for a lady who lost her husband a year ago this month. I brought all of his tools to my house and sold them them thru CL. To get the most money out of the tools as possible will require the following - 1. Make a complete list of everything she has on a spreadsheet...
  12. P

Can I install a water heater without soldering the pipes?

I ain't a plumber and I didn't stay at the Holiday Inn Express but I did put in a hot water heater and run some plumbing lines using shark bite connectors and pex. No soldering involved just get the right shark bite connectors for the application and slide them on. You can use any combination...
  13. P

Revive your NiCd Batteries?

Wow, that really made my head spin. Given that I am "electrically challenged" in the first place and in my 61 years I've probably already used up most of my "9 lives", I think I'll just let my old Porter Cable drill die of natural death when the time comes. Maybe this is one skill I don't need...
  14. P

Revive your NiCd Batteries?

I just ran across this procedure that claims you can "revitalize" NiCd batteries that will no longer take a charge. Has anyone ever used/heard of this? Evans http://sup-remodeling.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=4&cntnt01origid=15&cntnt01returnid=39 02-18-10...
  15. P

Worksharp 3000 - $149.95

If anyone around RTP missed this and wants one, here is one for sale for $150. Might get it cheaper since it has been up a while. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/1609919784.html Work Sharp WS3000 Wood Tool Sharpener - new, never used. Selling for only $150.00. Compare to over $199 plus...
  16. P

Might be work for someone

I found this on CL this morning while browsing. Might be some work worth looking into for someone. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/trd/1602179068.html Designer looking to have a custom furniture piece fabricated I am looking for SERIOUS candidates ONLY. The budget is low for this project...
  17. P

Road conditions Durham to Hendersonville-Saturday?

Moderators - Could you close this thread. I have the info that I need. Evans
  18. P

Road conditions Durham to Hendersonville-Saturday?

Well, I have to make the drive from Durham to Asheville today(Saturday). I won't be leaving until about 9AM and getting in Hendersonville about 1-2PM. Can you guys tell me the road conditions along the way. Looks like we only have about 1" in Durham and the streets in front of my house are...
  19. P

Gloat - "The Garner Jet band saw"

Well, I wasn't the first to look at the Jet 18" band saw from the "Garner guy" but I ended up with it. Don't have any pictures yet as I have been busy with family all this evening and will be thru the weekend. When I was there late afternoon, the Dewalt planer, scroll saw, powermatic jointer...
  20. P

Tough day

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. If this is the first tough time you've been thru, you will come to realize that it happens to almost everyone. If you've been thru it before, you have a better understanding of what to do. I went thru difficult personal times as a teenager and difficult...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS