Search results

1. bluchz

CO2 Laser fume extractor

I use a 6" duct and a inline duct fan with my lasersaur, it is vented to the outside with about 4' of duct. I can't smell it inside. It is vented low outside near the door and i can smell it when i walk outside. It is just a cheap one from amazon.
  2. bluchz

I use chrome and experiencing some of the same problem.
  3. bluchz

Triad Saw and Knife - Asheboro

I have used a place in Seagrove, south of Asheboro 15min maybe. I was happy with the results on my circular saws. cant remember the name of the place but it is Seagrove so there is probably only one place.
  4. bluchz

Favorite YouTube Woodworker?

Didn't see it mention above more entertainment than how-to. Jackman works.
  5. bluchz

Counter tops... Looking for options

Pine counter top? I made some temporary ones and my wife saw them and said "that is what I want!" they have held up fine in the kitchen with a few coats of poly. the shop might be used rougher, but who knows. I think they would be ok for most use.
  6. bluchz

Wrenches

I was recently told, when returning a 1/2" drive breaker bar, that kobalt is no longer the Lowes sponsor and that Craftsman will be the new tool line for Lowes. NOt sure but i have seen lots of Craftsman tools at Lowes lately.
  7. bluchz

Steam box/wood bending

When I was in middle school my dad designed and built a circular staircase out of oak. He made the handrail by bending and laminating 3/8" thickx3-1/2"x 6'or 8'boards. I remember a pressure cooker on the stove hooked to a flexible heat duct. The contraption started in the kitchen and ran through...
  8. bluchz

looking for a hinge

I made a case for my reading glasses and am looking for a snap hinge to hold the two halves together. I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of a hinge like I am looking for. I found one I like but the minimum order id 5000 units, I would like to make a few more but 5000 is way too...
  9. bluchz

Plywood

When I built my kitchen cabinets I used a home made panel saw with a craftsman circular saw. I liked breaking the panels down while they were leaning vertically, it seamed easier. It was really just an "A frame" to lean the plywood against while using a straight edge guide. Then used a table saw...
  10. bluchz

Hope i don't mess this up!! Maple bowl blank.

Found this chunk in the slash pile at work. brought it home and cleaned it up today. It sure looks nice .
  11. bluchz

Rocket Mass Heater or other suggestions

Rocket Mass heaters require a lot of time to heat properly. I built one for a greenhouse and found that a burn to heat the "mass" took at least half a day. The burn requires more attention that an regular fire place. I had to tend it, add or adjust the wood feed, every 20 to 30 minutes. I have a...
  12. bluchz

Lathe and learn!

Ahh OK the break happened while trying to shape the outside of the bowl with a skew. The sound was changing but i was expecting some change as i was thinning the wall of the bowl.The inside/hollowing of the bowl was done with a bowl gouge, but mostly with a scraper. the bowl gouge seems to...
  13. bluchz

Lathe and learn!

I've heard walnut isn't easy to turn bit I thought I would try this piece that has been floating around the shop for 6 or 7 years. guess i should have switched back to the scraper when the skew chisel caught the first time oh well practice is fun.
  14. bluchz

Novice... newest turning

Thank you all! I'm thinking it might be a Wild Cherry burl, but am not sure. I found it in a firewood pile. Here is the Lathe and Stand finished. The Lathe was gift from My Mother, She got a larger one.
  15. bluchz

Novice... newest turning

Turned this small box?( it's round) I really like the wood but not sold on the shape. What are your thoughts?
  16. bluchz

Making a Box With Plywood

I Painted the plywood stand for my lathe. i think it was a big improvement. I have lots of half full gallons of paint leftover from other projects.
  17. bluchz

Troy Lumber Company

I believe Troy Lumber Co. is a whole sale company. They are a Pine Mill. Uwharie Lumber Co. is the hardwood Mill at the same location and is also a wholesale company. as far as i understand they sell only domestic lumber cut within 50 miles or so of the mill.
  18. bluchz

F250 in my shop...

Has the Insurance company made an offer? You might be surprised at what it includes. My wife was in a car wreck a few years ago and got a call one day out of the blue with an offer/settlement that she felt was very fair. That being said i would be very disappointed if my own homeowners insurance...
  19. bluchz

F250 in my shop...

Glad no one was seriously hurt. Don't forget pain and suffering, :rolleyes:your wife will have to see more of you now that you can't go to the shop (my wife pointed this out when I showed her the pictures.
  20. bluchz

Stihl 461 chainsaw fail

Yes we are under OSHA guidelines and we still have accidents. We do our best, train,wear and enforce PPE but as they say "mess happens":BangHead: I try to learn and move on.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS