Search results

1. J

Framing Hammer old vs new- mini rant

Plumb in fiberglass, and Vaughn in wood are my choices. Several years back, grandson spent the better part of a summer helping build a hand-cap ramp for church next door. Most nailing was done with a nail gun. That fall at school in Ag-Mechanics course, instructor said they were going to...
  2. J

48 inch bar clamps - $15 (Washington NC) GONE

Because I have pipe cutting and threading tools, I cut my own to length. Don't use pipe couplings, use ridgid conduit couplings instead. They don't have tapered threads, so they screw on by hand easily.
  3. J

Gas springs or option

$59.99 HF 12V winch, and some pulleys on a jack shaft could be used to lift door. You would need a 12V battery to operate it, along with a cheapie maintainer for battery.
  4. J

So much total GARBAGE

Soffit vents will always draft back into attic. In working years replaced several which had drafted back into attic, causing plywood to ROT on that truss / rafter bay. Moisture went up to peak before spreading out.
  5. J

Plunge router

If your PC is either a 630, or 690, the motor fits the PC plunge base. I have three different ones on plunge bases (a 630, and two 690's.)
  6. J

Wooden screen door situation

In 1996, I installed a wooden screen door for client, which was purchased at Lowes. Manufacturer had recently moved operations to Mexico. Along comes hurricane Fran, and door falls to pieces due to the use of INTERIOR glue in it's construction. Door was finger joint construction. She takes...
  7. J

What are you bringing to the 2024 picnic?

Be glad to. I recycle them for plant cups. Go thru a couple hundred a year.
  8. J

FREE (2) 9004 Halogen Light Bulbs

Ordered using vehicle fitment list, (which has now been updated.) Bulbs don't fit my vehicle. Seller said to keep them, and credit issued. These fit many Dodge products between 2000 and 2014. Check to see what kind of bulbs your vehicle uses. Remember FREE! Located in Apex. Even if you...
  9. J

TEMU experience

Used TEMU for several purchases. Rare Earth magnets weren't as strong as what I'm used to buying, arbors for die grinder were weak, wall clock was perfect, bungie ties for tarps were a lot smaller cord size, but the unassembled ones were the right size. Will be ordering more of the elastic...
  10. J

Stuck Table Saw Blade

OP says arbor turns with nut, so holding blade doesn't work. As for whacking wrench, that's Newton's third law at work.
  11. J

Cups aren't on the list. Best I remember someone has a bunch of cups that a MacDonalds donated. I can bring red cups if needed.
  12. J

Hot dogs, and fixings, grill to cook them on, iced tea, with ice, deviled eggs. Sanitizer, I have a couple gallons,( it's a long story.)
  13. J

Stuck Table Saw Blade

Put a 7/8" box end wrench on nut. While holding blade, strike the wrench with a hammer. This should free up nut. If you get one on the nut, an impact gun would make quick work of this job. From under saw, can you hold belts so as to keep arbor from turning?
  14. J

Drill Press Motor Issue (Fixed)

You're welcome. Been there , done it. Experience, what you have five minutes after you needed it.
  15. J

Drill Press Motor Issue (Fixed)

Being a NEMA 48 frame motor, it most likely has a 1/2" shaft. Generally they don't have a key way, but a flat instead. Setscrew in pulley has to bear upon flat. Can you turn pulley by hand with shaft turning also? If so shaft isn't frozen in place. Without pulley, does motor run? Did you...
  16. J

Actual innovation and a wish list

Take handsaw sharpening class with Graywolf, and you will know what it means.
  17. J

Actual innovation and a wish list

Most everything mentioned costs $$$$$$$$! How much more is the consumer willing to pay for these things? Adding a micro adjustment to any fence is only a matter of doing it. Numerous tips in the woodworking magazines over the years on how to do this. Everything is impossible till someone...
  18. J

Dewalt DW735

Could the runners be attached using the brown paper bag method to save having to saw them off, loosing stock? Hot glue maybe, or CA if they aren't going to have a stain applied.
  19. J

Handy tape measure

Bought a three pack of these at Lowes years ago. Don't remember if they are both metric and Imperial. Mine are bright green.
  20. J

Hefty benchtop bench

KOOL!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS