Search results

1. sawman101

Grandfather Clock

Very nicely crafted Donn!
  2. sawman101

Phenolic sheets

Klingspors does indeed have the large sheets back in the warerhouse. You need to ask a sales technician about them, they are mainly 1/2" and 3/4" thick sheets in 4'x5'and 5'x5' sized sheets. The price is extremely low compared to other sources.
  3. sawman101

Carving boxes

It's not real obvious from the photos, but there are 2 sides to the tool holder that separate; ithey are held together by magnets. This allows the halves to be separated and set side by side on the bench facing you, so you have access to all the knives, chisels, and other accessories--just a...
  4. sawman101

Wishing all my Friends, acquaintances and future NCWW Friends a VERY Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you too Hank, mand to all my woodworking friends everywhere!
  5. sawman101

Happy Birthday Bruce (Sawman1

Thank you all you saw dust breathing, Tite bond sniffing, warped wood twisters! I really appreciate your b-day wishes and other comments; I'll try to keep them hidden from my fragile young wife; I hate to see her happy because a few of you agree with her. Yesterday marked the end of my 79th trip...
  6. sawman101

DW788 Rebuild

Rick, a common problem with the 788 is there isn't enough tension on the rod that connects the top blade clamp to the motor drive mechanism--that rod is inside the top arm. To correct this requires disassembly of the front, upper arm assembly, and tightening 1 turn clockwise of the rod. See this...
  7. sawman101

Segmented

Kewl!!
  8. sawman101

1st yarn bowl

Really nice!
  9. sawman101

1st live edge

Good job!
  10. sawman101

Klingspor Extravaganza- October 21-22, 2022

I will be there Thursday through Saturday evening, as usual, but I have to spit my presence between Western Piedmont Wood Crafters, Catawba Valley Woodcarvers, and NC Woodworker. (oh the pressure!). I'll, do what I can when I can, when I'm not on a break; please request my break schedule via a...
  11. sawman101

GRIZZLY JOB SITE TABLE SAW 1 1/2 H.P.

Grizzly G1022 10" table saw in excellent condition, 1 1/2 h.p, 110/220 volts, currently wired for 110. Includes fence and miter gage, and a Shop Fox mobile base. I did have a manual for it but haven't located it yet. Saw is in excellent condition ready to plug in and work. I can deliver in the...
  12. sawman101

Bowl Carving 1st real Dive

GORGEOUS TREE, WOOD, AND BOWL111
  13. sawman101

Worksharp 3000 price reduced

Where are you located Trey? I would like to buy it, I can pay you through PayPal now. Thank you!
  14. sawman101

Boxes

I'm too afraid to buy im a book on log cabins or timber framed barns.
  15. sawman101

Teaser Video / Pictures - my ask for help

I heard you're traveling this way Monday--should I go get a six pack for me to drink after you leave? Keep your eyes peeled, for that clear plastic box with Dremel Tool stuff in it. No need to come here, if you find it drop it at your brother Jerry's place.
  16. sawman101

Glue line rip blades

I love the Freud glue line rip; in a comparison cut test between the Forrest and the Freud that I witnessed, the Freud was definitely the saw leaving a far superior surface for gluing. The surface was equivalent to a 12,000-grit micro pad sanded finish. The Freud cuts true and effortlessly as...
  17. sawman101

No Longer Needed!

https://hickory.craigslist.org/tls/d/newton-hawk-426-scroll-saw/7481016759.html
  18. sawman101

Happy Birthday Graywolf!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHARD! HOPE THIS WAS THE BEST ONE YET! :p:p:p
  19. sawman101

How to cut Phenolic Sheets?

Solid Phenolic material cuts fairly easy but you must use carbide toothed saws or router bits--it can also be drilled and tapped. I'd prefer a finer toothed saw blade when making the cut. Unless you have a carbide tipped blade on your band saw, phenolic will just trash your blade. I am referring...
  20. sawman101

Lathe Drop

Nice save Casey! Looks great!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS