Search results

1. ncleet

Guilty too !

Joined the forum a few years ago but apparently didn't bother to do the formal introduction. Was born & raised in Iowa and moved to Cary in 1981. Have spent the last 34 years doing software troubleshooting for big iron mainframe software. I started woodworking again after a LONG absence...
  2. ncleet

Lumber run coming soon at Scott Smith's

I'd be interested in some 'thin' mohogany. Maybe some not so thin as well. Lee :gar-Bi
  3. ncleet

I cheated, now I feel dirty please tell me it is OK before I pocket screw everything!

Re: I cheated, now I feel dirty please tell me it is OK before I pocket screw everyth David, you helped me cut the back legs for these chairs with your bandsaw. There's a BUNCH of pocket holes in these pieces. You have to turn them upside down to tell. My grandkids didn't seem to mind...
  4. DSCN2966

DSCN2966

5. DSCN2965

DSCN2965

6. Kid's Table Chairs

Kid's Table Chairs

Furniture for the grandson
  7. DSCN2964

DSCN2964

8. ncleet

I cheated, now I feel dirty please tell me it is OK before I pocket screw everything!

Re: I cheated, now I feel dirty please tell me it is OK before I pocket screw everyth David, good for you... I told you that you'd like it. I think that using pocket screws anywhere they can't be seen is a great time saver. I have the one mounted on a slab of plywood as well as the...
  9. ncleet

Rant Mode on---HVAC Tech in Raleigh

Re: Recommend HVAC Tech in Raleigh I've had good luck with: http://www.matsonmechanical.com/ Lee
  10. ncleet

Let's Quit Smoking

Exactly right..... Lee
  11. ncleet

Let's Quit Smoking

I knew it was time to quit when they outlawed smoking in the Men's room at work. Apparently the smell of smoke was offensive to some folk. Go figure. That was 1989. I quit cold turkey and was one miserable sob to be around for some time. It's tough to quit and I REALLY enjoyed smoking but...
  12. ncleet

Repairing fingerprint in lacquer

I use Deft a lot. Almost any surface defect in the finish can be resolved by using 0000 steel wool and buffing it out. Then, if needed, hit it with another coat. It's supposed to blend chemically with the previous layers. Good luck. Lee
  13. ncleet

Blanket Chest

Scott, It's Deft satin lacquer, thinned just a bit and brushed on. Three coats. Nothing fancy but I find it easy to work with and very forgiving. Lee
  14. ncleet

Blanket Chest

My daughter asked me for a blanket chest when she was home at Thanksgiving. She said she wanted SIMPLE lines and no raised panel look. This was the result. It's relatively small as she requested. I think she likes it. It's oak, cedar lined, using torsion hinges and a lock from Rockler.com...
  15. Blanket chest

Blanket chest

16. Blanket chest - Cedar lining

Blanket chest - Cedar lining

17. Blanket Chest

Blanket Chest

Oak Blanket Chest - Cedar Lining
  18. Blanket Chest

Blanket Chest

19. DSCN0605

DSCN0605

20. DSCN0604