Search results

1. CrealBilly

A music box

I don't know what your normal is, Fred. But you are welcome anytime.
  2. CrealBilly

A music box

I think that's called old age Dude before the move to the farm in the middle of July. I was 210 lbs, now I'm still 180 lbs, even after the holidays. I actually had to go out an buy new jeans 2 waist sizes smaller, because my old jeans kept falling off my butt. Who need a gym, when you have a...
  3. CrealBilly

A music box

Fred, I'm sure that music box with bring a sparkle to your grand nieces' eye. Fantastic work as always. I know your talent has taken many decades of practice to perfect. That was apparent to me when I had the awesome opportunity to work with you in your shop, building kitchen cabinets. Edit...
  4. CrealBilly

Propane

For the price difference in delivered propane we pay higher taxes in illinois, but have no road use tax or yearly inspection like you have in NC. So there you go... all in all we are about even. However, If I need to purchase anything large, I go to Paducah Kentucky which is just on the other...
  5. CrealBilly

Propane

Holy Maloney!
  6. CrealBilly

Propane

Wow $2.21 a gallon, that's flipping crazy.
  7. CrealBilly

Propane

The 500 gallon tank is mine, to be filled from whatever company I choose. I simply wouldn't have it any other way.
  8. CrealBilly

Propane

Our new house on the farm is well insulated and I'm sure the insulated full basement helps. We also have a propane tankless water heater (which I love). We moved in July had 60% in the 500 gallon propane tank. It got down 30% Monday. Called Tate's Tuesday and they showed today Thrusday and...
  9. CrealBilly

Brown recluse spider bite

Hospital gave me 2 shots, took 4 vials of blood and prescription me 2 weeks of sulfamethoxazole to take 1 tablet 2 times a day. We also have copperheads here baby and large ones, I wear rubber boots and just step on the babies, then cut off their head with my pocket knife. Dig a hole with my...
  10. CrealBilly

I wasn't doing anything patriotic like that. Just weed wacking and enjoying the fresh air of freedom that you secured for me. Thanks for your service Raymond!
  11. CrealBilly

This one you should fear, if it bites you, it'll put a hurting on you something terrible.
  12. CrealBilly

Only fair to circle back around and show you all the scar that nasty brown recluse spider left for me from 7 months ago. Not so bad after all. I think the key is to get medical treatment promptly.
  13. CrealBilly

Corkscrew Willow

Talking about flying off the handle. Man you could never imagine were a thread might go around here. I thought they most always ended with food. So how does corkscrew Willow do for smoking meats?
  14. CrealBilly

Ordering trees Butternut

ERC and Black Walnut seem to have a Love affair. I see them growing together frequently.
  15. CrealBilly

Working Sycamore

It's not all that stable unless quarter or rift sawn. As far are workability, it's not all that difficult.
  16. CrealBilly

Corkscrew Willow

Any practical use for Corkscrew Willow other than Firewood?
  17. CrealBilly

What is (was) this tree?

I believe that's a hickory. If so you could toss a little of the heartwood in some water after a few days the water will turn red if it's a hickory.
  18. CrealBilly

Ordering trees Butternut

I'm going to order a couple of butternut saplings and air layer them as they grow. It will be many years before they nut but that's ok, they should go well with english walnuts that I will plant along with them.
  19. CrealBilly

Ordering trees Butternut

Anyone ever eaten a butternut?
  20. CrealBilly

Moving Large Logs

Did the OP have a coronary trying to man handle those big logs (hope not)? Haven't seen a reply since the original post.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors