Search results

1. sash plane

Toothing Plane Score....

This week while on Vac. in Fla... I found a odd shape smother plane...turns out to be German type wood smother... well after looking at the blade setup... I though wow... it is pitted very bad on blade tip... then I pulled out blade and BAAAAAM... it had a toothing blade in it so bought it for...
  2. sash plane

Front vice, Right hand vs. Left hend...

Why it the front Vice always on left hand side.... I'm right handed , but to me..?? It would feel better if the vice was on the right had side, for say cutting dove tails... or anything else...for that matter... I'm in the process of adding a front vice to my bench and have not placed it...
  3. sash plane

Woodworking Shop's in Charleston...

Going to Charleston this weekend... Is there any good woodwork shops to crawl while I'm there..? Thank you
  4. sash plane

#3 Lie-Nielsen Toothing blade in Stanley Bailey #3

Does anybody know if a LN blade will fit a Reg Ole Stanley Bailey plane...? I have a #3 Bailey that i want to buy a toothing blade for, if the LN blade will fit...? If anybody has done this, how was the results planing with the toothed blade... Thank you... Steve
  5. sash plane

Chilels for sale on ebay....???

Ok..... who is windsor2 on ebay..... I found some chisels for sale there that live in NC..... lol http://shop.ebay.com/windsor2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340 I wonder why they selling the lie Nielson Chisels....??? I love mine....!!!! better the the Stanley 750's and the...
  6. sash plane

New 5/16 Dado Plane - Gloat

Here is my new toy..... :icon_cheers It's a M. Copeland 5/16 dado - 1831-1842 ish..... I looked at the screw's and there are no points on them..... I like this style..... I hope to reproduce this one.... as soon as I get done with the classes... This one is going into my look-at collection...
  7. sash plane

Jointer Class

Hay Frog.... Only 3 weeks.... togo.... Looks like there are 4 of the 5 on NCWW...... Steve
  8. sash plane

Steaming Warped Wht Oak to Straighten

Hello, I had a White Oak plank 8/4 x 17" that I cut into 2" x 3" boards to glue up to make a 3" bench top. Some of the boards even while I was cutting warped... as in the kerf opened up as much as 1.5" or along the 3" side... so now the 1 sec old cut 2x3 is now warped... the Oak Plank is still...
  9. sash plane

Jointer - 3 Blade Knife's vs HELICAL HEAD

What is the diff in performance between the to type of cutters if you have sharp knife's vs HELICAL HEAD knifes.....? Pro's and con's......????
  10. sash plane

6" Power Tool Jointer

Hello, I have a question about the 6" bench Jointer from say sears.....??? I'm making a Oak work bench and im cutting the oak panle into 2x3 strips... I need to joint the strips on the 3" sides to glue up into the bench top.... Do you think that small 6" bench type Jointer would handle 3"...
  11. sash plane

shop Workbench Pre - Pt1..... "The Table Top"

Here is a White Oak Table Top for a work bench I going to make.......... Naturly It's still in the ruff stage...:eusa_thin but that is a 17" wide x 8/4 x 16' long White Oak Plank I think it will do the job...
  12. sash plane

New 22" Jointer

I just scored this 22" Jointer for 5 bucks......It's in great shape... Could be user... But it's just a looker. No cracks anywhere, as seen on most large jointers..... 1843-1855 , E.C. Ring , Ringville M.S., a town out side of Worthington, MA Power tools Geeks have nothing on me....:gar-La; I...
  13. sash plane

Beech wood Blanks

Hay, I'm looking for some beech blanks 4x4x12 to make a set of Hollow and Rounds molding planes with. I don't want to use lam blanks. and at this point green wood would be ok.... I've been calling around for at least 20+ places...and nothing. It's all 1" riff cut or flooring junk:BangHead: I'm...
  14. sash plane

Wooden Planes in 19th Century America vol 1, 2 edtion

Hello, I just got my book in from "Epay" today...ya ya...i now..:eusa_booh(You can get burned)... What I would like to know.... is The book I got..... looks like a "copy".... a put on a copier and copied book.... it is very nicely bound but it looks like a copy......? it is not a hard cover...
  15. sash plane

Roy Underhill - Jan 22 Class, Dovetails

Just got an email from Roy about class on Jan 22, With a PDF on dovetailing.... class is getting close... He said he will be there at 8:30am so we don't have to wait out side. Who is going to the 22nd class....? I was going to go to the MWTCA event, but forgot to set clock.... just call me mr...
  16. sash plane

Intro

Hello, I join back in Jan 2009.... But have been just lurking.. and not an active poster. I'm been interested in woodworking for last 30 yrs or so but just jump in last 4 yr or so. I'v made most of my woodware for my bee hive's but would like to do Federal style Furn. I like the Ole time type...
  17. sash plane

Disston D-7 Saw Needing Tooth Set

Hello, 1st post..... :wsmile: I have a Disston D-7 Rip and it needs saw "tooth set" and maybe a sharping...? the sharping might be ok...but there is no set in the saw what so ever. I cant even rip(resaw) down a 1x6 pine that is very dry.... Who can I send this to..???? Thanks

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS