5. Form Photos

Form Photos

Form Photos
  6. Bee Bottom Board

Bee Bottom Board

Bee Bottom Board
  7. sash plane

Toothing Plane Score....

This week while on Vac. in Fla... I found a odd shape smother plane...turns out to be German type wood smother... well after looking at the blade setup... I though wow... it is pitted very bad on blade tip... then I pulled out blade and BAAAAAM... it had a toothing blade in it so bought it for...
  8. sash plane

Front vice, Right hand vs. Left hend...

My plan is to add a 2x12 on front w/ peg hole's(like pic) to support and for the use of hold fast's so I can plane a board on side.... clamped in the vice. The bench is a small 5 foot starter bench that I got as a xmas present to get me by, I found I needed better ways of doing things...
  9. Bench side

Bench side

Bench side
  10. sash plane

Front vice, Right hand vs. Left hend...

Why it the front Vice always on left hand side.... I'm right handed , but to me..?? It would feel better if the vice was on the right had side, for say cutting dove tails... or anything else...for that matter... I'm in the process of adding a front vice to my bench and have not placed it...
  11. sash plane

Woodworking Shop's in Charleston...

Going to Charleston this weekend... Is there any good woodwork shops to crawl while I'm there..? Thank you
  12. sash plane

#3 Lie-Nielsen Toothing blade in Stanley Bailey #3

Well.... Thats what is in the back of my mind... 45° is a bit to small.... Most toothing start at 60, to as much as 90.... but LN offers toothing blades for there planes(45°) and i emailed Ron Hock and he offers blades for stanleys(45°). He also said he can make me a blade that i can make me a...
  13. sash plane

#3 Lie-Nielsen Toothing blade in Stanley Bailey #3

Does anybody know if a LN blade will fit a Reg Ole Stanley Bailey plane...? I have a #3 Bailey that i want to buy a toothing blade for, if the LN blade will fit...? If anybody has done this, how was the results planing with the toothed blade... Thank you... Steve
  14. sash plane

Source of Sassafras?

Jarrett.. Are you using sassafras for the stave's....? How big of a item did y'all make...? I made a small bucket with rope on it...but I used yellow pine... leaked all the time till it swolup..took a good 1 1/2 days to stop...lol I have sassafras around my yard...grows like a weed all over...
  15. sash plane

Stanley 750's Coming Back?

IMHO: The LN's are very very very well made and hold a edge very very well..... I use mine only for pairing and in Black cherry or even Beach they just glide on the cut.... but then they are scary sharp... so that might makeup the option.... I have a Ole 750 1/4" and in a side by side... it is...
  16. sash plane

Woodwright school summer classes

Took the Dove Tail Class in Jan..... Took Bill's Bench Jointer plane class in early may.... I had a blast 5 time over...... Frog was in Bill's class also... After class work was great also:occasion1 Better then a Vacation to some place, Heck it was a Vacation for me..... It is well worth...
  17. sash plane

Chilels for sale on ebay....???

Re: Chisels for sale on ebay....??? Jhreed...... It's a new type of woodworking device used by the Du'mass out there who can't spell.... Or say.... type correctly....:XXcompute
  18. sash plane

lol.... welcome to the club Travis.... "Get Out Bid Club" that is....:rotflm: I've even seen peps...bid it up, to where it would have been cheaper to buy it new off lie Niel site... but they still buy it off bay..... how stupid is that....
  19. sash plane

Ok..... who is windsor2 on ebay..... I found some chisels for sale there that live in NC..... lol http://shop.ebay.com/windsor2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340 I wonder why they selling the lie Nielson Chisels....??? I love mine....!!!! better the the Stanley 750's and the...
  20. sash plane

need plans for Amish bent rocker

Here are a few links with some info on how to build.... via Roy Underhill.... it was a 2 part show... Oh...man....just check the PBS schedule and it is coming on May 22 for us here in NC.....:gar-La; This is shaker though......... http://www.pbs.org/woodwrightsshop/video/2900/2903.html...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors