Search results

1. BrianGeib

Creating “Toadstool” Pattern on Mission Style

I have used ceramic tile and various types of glass to add some decoration to Mission style pieces, but I want to try the Toadstool cutouts. Has anyone done that and, if so, how? I was looking for a template, but haven’t found one.
  2. BrianGeib

Mold? Insects?

Thanks everyone for your info. I have enough that's bug free to use for the structure of the router table that I'm building.
  3. BrianGeib

Mold? Insects?

I started using some Hickory that I have had sitting around for 4-5 years. When I was brushing it down I came upon these areas. They are full of a very fine white powder. As you can see from the pictures they appear to be mostly on the edges and can be an inch or so deep. The surrounding wood...
  4. Hickory 2

Hickory 2

Picture of Hickory end
  5. Hickory 1

Hickory 1

Picture of Hickory face
  6. BrianGeib

Latest Project - Mission style chair

Design taken from Fine Woodworking. QSRO from Scott Smith. Finished with Antique Cherry dye (x1), Dark Walnut Danish Oil (x2) and Polyurethane (x3). Will go on back porch. First time doing bent lamination for the arms.
  7. Latest Project - Mission style recliner

Latest Project - Mission style recliner

My latest creation. Mission style chair to go on back porch.
  8. Latest Project - Mission style recliner

My latest creation. Mission style chair to go on back porch. My model was Mr. Angus.
  9. Latest Project - Mission style recliner

My latest creation. Mission style chair to go on back porch. Reclining position, with Mr. Angus.
  10. Latest Project - Mission style recliner

My latest creation. Mission style chair to go on back porch.
  11. BrianGeib

Freud Saw Blades sale - 35% off

http://www.amazon.com/s/node=552286&field-brandtextbin=Freud/ref=pe_143240_22836220_pe_epc_/
  12. BrianGeib

Completed Christmas present - Sofa Table

Here is the sofa table that I made for my sister. It matches the end tables that I made for her this summer. All wood is QSWO from Scott. We were able to find everything I needed from the same tree. This was some very pretty wood. As usual, thank you Scott for your help and attention to detail...
  13. Sofa_Table_-_3

Sofa_Table_-_3

14. Sofa_Table_-_2

Sofa_Table_-_2

15. Sofa_Table_-_1

Sofa_Table_-_1

16. BrianGeib

Update: Jointer alignment issue

This is an update to a previous post. This may not be the best way of updating, so please excuse any posting protocol issues. Attached is a drawing of the measurements taken on my jointer tables with a 4' Veritas straight edge. I still don't know if the discrepancies I'm seeing are enough to...
  17. Jointer table measurements

Jointer table measurements

18. BrianGeib

Mission Style End Tables

I forgot to take photos before I brought these to my sister. She sent these to me. Just some simple end tables. QSWO, of course, is from Scott Smith. ~26" x 26" x 18". Finish is Waterlox x 3, Dark Walnut Danish oil x 3, Waterlox x 3, Minwax x 3. She was so happy she now wants a matching sofa...
  19. End Tables 4

End Tables 4

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS