Search results

1. J

Hand saw restoration and sharpening workshop

Let me add my thanks to Richard and Bill for putting on this workshop. Learned a lot.
  2. J

Weeklong class

If you want less than a week, many of Roy Underhill's former instructors can be found teaching at Wood and Shop traditional woodworking school in Virginia.
  3. J

Looking for 12/4 material

They definitely have some in gibsonville. They could probably transfer some to salisbury if given a heads up. Nice material.
  4. J

Difficulty securing lever cap on Veritas DX60 block plane

If I was going to make a guess, matt is on the right track
  5. J

Difficulty securing lever cap on Veritas DX60 block plane

Bruce, bad news. Your plane is damaged and you should send it to me to avoid further frustration! :) I don't have this plane but Lie-Nielsen block planes tighten against the flat blade. I am not much help without it in hand - and maybe not then Where do you live? Maybe someone nearby can help?
  6. J

Hand saw skills workshop

Richard, I need to drop off this class as it conflicts with a twa workshop with Tom McClaughin on chair making.
  7. J

dovetails for drawers

Thanks Dan!
  8. J

Festool DD-ES and DD-AS chucks $110

Hi, 2 Festool drill chucks in very good condition. A right angle and an eccentric model. Can ship for my cost but would prefer not.
  9. J

A long time coming

That is the plan.
  10. J

A long time coming

Hi, I have been a member since 2010 but am posting a message in this forum to see if I advance to corporate member status. But to make this useful, I have a variety of hand and power tools with both types getting used on most projects. My shop is moving forward after change of address and...
  11. J

Grizzly Fence Help

Is it out of square similarly on both sides of the cutters? If not, the fence may be twisted. I had a grizzly with your same problem of maintaning square. I can stop by this weekend and see what we can decipher. I never solved my problem but upgraded to a larger shopfox and don't have a...
  12. J

Hand saw skills workshop

Richard, I am interested.
  13. J

G&G inspired Sofa table

Nicely done. I really like the negative space between the upper rails.
  14. J

Please Consider "Opt-In" to become a Corporate Member

I with Bruce as not understanding the criteria for different levels. I opted in based on this thread, have more posts than some corporate members and am an "active member". Better than inactive I guess. :)
  15. J

Dark Wood Suggestions

Wenge is likely close to the color that you want, but has large pores that may not scale down to a small project/piece. Also, as Echd notes, it is prone to splinters, and nasty ones at that! Woodcraft likely has African blackwood, which is pretty dark with some browner areas. Not cheap. If you...
  16. J

DeWalt 13 inch planer - $200 (Virginia Beach) GONE

Agree on price, best bench top planer. Some hobbyists have bigger planers! :)
  17. J

RDU Lunch Friday Feb 16

80% chance of a sighting
  18. J

Sold: Lie-Nielsen 60 1/2 R rabbet plane without nicker - shipped for $130

Hi, I have a used LN 60 12 R rabbet plane sans nicker. In very good shape, with original box and instructions. I don't think that I even used this one as the blade isn't up to my usual sharpness. I can sharpen before shipping if desired. Apologies: Spots of slight tarnish on sole and sides...
  19. J

Spokeshave frustration

That is my thought too on the LN. But since Scott prefers the veritas adjusters, for $55 more you get a proven performer with wooden handles rather than cork infill and a pm-v11 blade. Likely can get one on ebay for less that the Melbourne model

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS