Search results

1. F

Vertical mill in Charlotte area?

Oh, it's trashed. The final cut I pushed a bit hard and the flutes at the tip are plugged. It's not coming out. I'd have to hammer it out. And there's that "issue" I ran into where I didn't realize the collet had bottomed out on the guide bushing nut, and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get...
  2. F

I actually gave up and just routed it yesterday. It was only a 4" slot, so I just made a template for a guide bushing in some MDF, chucked up a ball-end spiral fluted bit that I didn't need anymore, and cut them. I just clamped the channel and then clamped the template on top. The cost of the...
  3. F

Does anyone in the Charlotte area have a vertical mill that would be willing to cut two 1/4"x4" slots into two pieces of aluminum channel? Happy to pay for your time; it should be pretty quick. Feel free to move if there's a better forum for this. It's for a slab flattening jig I'm making, so...
  4. F

FS: Delta 10" Random Orbit Benchtop Sander

This is a unique one that I used for lapping the ends of cast acrylic tubes prior to gluing for a product I used to make. It's good for running long flat pieces. Needs a new home and I need the shelf space back. Table needs a little love as you can see here. $20. OBO. Located in East Charlotte.
  5. F

FS: Festool 204040 Replacement T-LOC Hose Garage (Hood) for CT 26/36/48 Dust Extractor

I wound up with two of these when I had to replace my broken one. Note: they don't work well as a seat. New in box. This is the "new and improved model" that came out in 2018. $30 seem fair? Located in East Charlotte.
  6. F

HVLP Questions

Thanks, Ed.
  7. F

HVLP Questions

Thanks for the info, guys. I was honestly surprised how many people use these for paint. It never even factored into my decision making. I've only had to do one piece in gloss white, but I used a gloss white lacquer over Magna Claw for that project. Turned out great, but that was tedious and...
  8. F

HVLP Questions

I'm debating between all of them, but wondering the pros/cons of the three guns that they offer. Having only used a siphon cup on a conventional HP gun in the past, I'm soliciting opinions from other users to see if I was missing something in my analysis. For instance, it sounds slightly like...
  9. F

HVLP Questions

That's apparently a common sentiment, which is another reason I'm leaning this direction. These are non-bleeder guns, but are they dual-action triggers? With my current guns, air flow starts with half trigger pull, so you start your air flowing and then engage the fluid by pulling the rest of...
  10. F

HVLP Questions

That is what led me down the path, but it's also 6 years old so some of the specs are old, and things have changed a bit. But I have read that as well as a lot of others. I've almost exhausted Google search terms at this point, so wanted to talk with some who have actually held these. Ah, so...
  11. F

HVLP Questions

After doing my research, I'm considering getting a Fuji Mini Mite 3 for my projects. I was looking at the Sprayport 6003, but now I think I've talked myself into the Fuji. I'm coming from using a Devilbiss siphon gun and another smaller touch-up gun, so I've had to use a high-pressure and flow...
  12. F

Need someone with a spray booth in Charlotte area

Strange request, but I'm looking for someone in Charlotte who's set up to shoot nitro or pre-cat lacquer. I have a flat sheet of ply that's about 3'x4' that needs to get finished. Since changing jobs, I've had to shut down all of my woodworking, and have no space to do this in my house. I'll...
  13. F

Looking for a rollable clear finish

Thanks, folks. I thought I replied last night but I think the post didn't make it through. I appreciate the help. Just ordered 6 gallons.
  14. F

Looking for a rollable clear finish

I'm sure this sounds quite strange, but I need a simple, quick-drying finish that I can apply to what is effectively a retail display. I've got a lot of wood panels that need to be coated out quickly. I really don't want to spray lacquer in this weather, and a matte, textured finish from a...
  15. F

Looking scrap piece(s) of 3/8-1/2" white, delrin or polypropylene

FWIW, usplastics.com has this stuff when you're looking to have it shipped. As does McMaster Carr. But you're going to pay for the convenience.
  16. F

A longboard with my 9 year old son

Very nice! That's on my list of things to do as well...but luckily my twins are just turning 6 in September, so I have a while to wait. FWIW, veneersupplies.com had skateboard veneer kits in the past, but it appears they are gone now. Not sure what happened there.
  17. F

Best price on window, floor, door trim

I've also been buying my moulding from Rick lately, and it's been great! Were I working on house, and wanted real wood, that's where I'd go.
  18. F

If we want the woodworking show to come back to Charlotte we need to get busy

There's one other BIG factor that nobody here is realizing, unless I missed it while skimming the thread. The event promoter is in this to make money. The promoter negotiates a cheaper rate with the Park due to the pay parking and their anticipated draw for the event. The promoter has the...
  19. F

Lumber at Lowe's and Home Depot

You bought 93" 2x4s, not 96". There are usually two piles. The 93's are pre-trimmed for use as studs, resulting in a 96" height between sill and header when framing out a wall. Oops, didn't see the second page of post. Matt beat me to it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors