Search results

1. wdkits1

Keepsakes for the Grandkids

Hi Everyone Going to England next week to see my Son and his family so thought I would make a little something for Sophia and Connor (Grandkids). Sophia will get the Rose box and Connor will get the Ocean Box. Woods used Rose Box; Cherry, Walnut, Bird's Eye Maple, Bloodwood, Lignum Vitae...
  2. wdkits1

Custom Walking Stick

Thanks for the comments guys. To Ken-- The Intarsia was fairly challenging but was fun to do.
  3. wdkits1

Custom Walking Stick

Hi Everyone I was recently commissioned to make a Custom Walking stick for a founding member of the LOS CARNALES motorcycle club in Midland Texas. The client sent a photo of the club logo which was to be incorporated as an intarsia on the top of the stick.I did a rough draft of the stick using...
  4. wdkits1

Custom Frames

Hi Everyone Here are a few photos of my newest project. These Custom Frames were made for presentation gifts for the soccer coaches at the University of Vermont for winning the America East soccer Championship. When I started working with the client the first thing I did was to get written...
  5. wdkits1

Custom Tavern Sign

Hi Bill I would assume the same thing- just know for sure that it is a Christmas present for the client's Dad. Thanks Mike
  6. wdkits1

Custom Tavern Sign

Hi everyone This Custom Tavern Sign is made from White Oak with individually cut Peruvian Walnut letters. The Custom Intarsia Beer Mug is made from Holly, Maple and Yellowheart. No stains, paints or dyes were used on this project. Measures 20" wide x 24" tall. I used a bottom bearing pattern bit...
  7. wdkits1

Custom Heating System

HEATING SYSTEM UPDATE So my custom heating system has been in operation for a week and I must say--so far so good. Although I haven't had any real cold weather yet to see how it works, it has no problem bringing the temp. of the shop from 40 - 60 in about an hour. I did have to make a few...
  8. wdkits1

Custom Heating System

To Bill I agree with the fact that the water heater produces only 4500 watts but using this to produce 40 gallons of 140 degree liquid in a closed loop system should be sufficient to do the job. The pump I chose has a variable gallons per minute feed so this may factor in how much heat will...
  9. wdkits1

Custom Heating System

Hi Chris Thanks for the suggestion about the marine antifreeze. I called a local dealer here in Richmond, explained what I was doing and he explained to me that marine antifreeze can only be used for a year because of the alcohol content. In marine use it is used seasonally to prevent freezing...
  10. wdkits1

Custom Heating System

Hi Mike I will be using a 50/50 mix antifreeze which is the most expensive component of the whole system. Glad to hear you completed another Intarsia Kit. Which one was it? I haven't heard if anyone else has completed the kits. Thanks Mike
  11. wdkits1

Custom Heating System

Hi Danny The air handler was part of my old heat pump system and after stripping the heat strips the fan assembly still required 220 v. If someone were to build a similar system I'm sure a 110v fan could be used.
  12. wdkits1

Custom Heating System

Hi Mike I will know more about the efficiency(air flow, water flow and temp recovery) once I get it fully operational. Right now I can feel the air flow all the way across the shop (38ft) so alot will depend on how much heat transfer I get by setting the thermostats in the water heater at 140...
  13. wdkits1

Custom Heating System

Hi Raymond Yeah that is already in the plan along with filling in areas at the roof line and sealing the duct going through the walls into the shop. Thanks Mike
  14. wdkits1

Custom Heating System

Hi Everyone Many years ago when I was a teenager growing up in Maine, a buddy needed some work done on his car so we went to Bob's garage. Bob had a pretty good sized shop( about 2000 sq. ft). No Insulation, high ceilings and being in Maine in the middle of January( and about 20 degrees) I...
  15. wdkits1

Another Custom Box

Hi Guys Thanks for the comments To Bill-the Peruvian walnut is mostly for decoration except that it holds the supports for the drawers. To Ken--No secret compartments except for the top tray which slides out on sliding dovetails to expose the lower tray. Lots of engineering went into this...
  16. wdkits1

Another Custom Box

Hi Everyone Here are a few photos of another Custom Jewelry Box I just completed. Made from Peruvian Walnut and Cherry with Maple and Bloodwood accents. Measures 12" x 8" x 4" Fun Stuff
  17. wdkits1

Scroll Saw Experts - Need advice

I would go with a #5 skip tooth for any sections with fairly tight curves and a # 7 skip tooth for all straight and slightly curves sections.
  18. wdkits1

Intarsia Kits

Hi Everyone For those of you who ordered my Intarsia Project Kits this is to inform you that they are on the way.:eusa_clap Thank you for your order Although I started producing Intarsia Project Kits in 1993, my business has changed direction to include not just the kits, but finished pieces of...
  19. wdkits1

Finished my Intarsia Box

Hi Guys Your boxes look real nice.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up So are you ready for the next challenge?
  20. wdkits1

Custom Intarsia Frame

Thanks Guys To Dirk-Last year I did the restoration of an 1860's love seat for a client which had the Grape Motif along the top. The same client wanted to incorporate the Motif into the frame.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors