Search results

1. araldite

Dust Deputy Cyclone (Oneida)

A Dust Deputy is designed to be used with a 2 1/2" hose. It doesn't make any difference what kind of vacuum you have, a 2 1/2" hose is not big enough to handle all of the shavings coming off a planer; the shavings will clog right in the hose. The Dust Deputy will work with any small tool that...
  2. araldite

"best" brush for shellac?

In my opinion, high quality natural fiber brushes, like white china, are better for shellac. Synthetic fiber brushes intended for lacquers and water base finishes, such as Taklon, are good general purpose brushes and are easier to clean, but not quite as good as a good natural brush for shellac.
  3. araldite

How to make curved cabinet doors?

It just so happens the current issue of Fine woodworking has an article titled "Curved Panels Made Easy" With a vacuum press and 7 tricks, beautiful panels are in the bag by Michael C. Fortune. If you have any interest in...
  4. araldite

Dust Deputy Cyclone (Oneida)

I've had one for about a year and it works great. One of the few things that work just as good as advertised.
  5. araldite

Laquer finish removal

Soak a rag or a cotton ball in acetone, put it in a small glass vial or jar, turn it upside down (without a lid) on a spot you want to test, and let it sit there wet. If you have some soft clay, you can make a seal to help keep the acetone in. After a few hours or overnight, remove the jar and...
  6. araldite

Leigh D4 Dovetail Jig

The Woodcraft store here in Greenville, SC offers a class on Leigh and Porter Cable dovetail jigs. I think everybody makes a step stool or something. Maybe there's a Woodcraft store near you where you can check into it.
  7. araldite

Bosch Router (Good Deal?)

I bought one from Amazon almost exactly one year ago for $201.49, so the price has come down a bit. I've been real pleased with mine but I wish the fixed base had a D handle; just my preference and I've gotten use to it. Also, it's my hand held router; I've never used it under a table; my old...
  8. araldite

Lathe Drum Sander? Can it be done? & Jigs

To get a really uniform thickness you need a uniform feed rate under the drum. I would think feeding it by hand might result in a wavy surface that would be noticeable on larger flat surfaces. Just a guess, I've never tried it. ShopNotes issue 86 has detailed plans for building one for what they...
  9. araldite

bending

There's a lot to know about wood bending. There are different materials, techniques and tricks to use depending on what you are trying to accomplish; more than what can be put in a forum post. I suggest reading a book or buying a video like Marc Adams "Wood Bending"...
  10. araldite

firewood to boards

Check out http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodvision/?lid=1339217207 and scroll down to the video "Resawing Found Wood". They show you a simple jig and how it's used.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS