Search results

1. D

photo not posting

My photo with the classified ad for the workbench isn't showing up on the main page sidebar. The one for the steel shelving is though. :dontknow::help:
  2. D

Wood Wanted

I may be in need of some 1X8X72 Ambrosia Maple if anyone has any at a good price or knows where I can locate some.:help: I've got logs and growing trees running out my ears but no flat stock for a project a friend has in mind for me to do. Yeah, I know, venturing into the wild world of flat work...
  3. D

Wood Gloat

Well, finally got to get out and put some trees on the ground today. Woodman2k was kind enough to tag along and lend a hand :eusa_clap and got some really great stuff out of the deal. I took more pics than I can put in this thread right now because I keep getting an error message about...
  4. D

PE request, Lincolnton to Raleigh

Hey folks, Joe Scharle is looking to latch on to one or more of my cardboard barrels but honestly, driving from Raleigh to here and back:eek: is out of the question. I'd ship it but that would be cost prohibitive as well.:nah: Anyone going that way, or several 'twixt and 'tween here and there...
  5. D

Donation Link

What the????? I clicked on the donation link from the donation tab on the toolbar and all I got was the NCWW "SMILIES" page.:eek: I promised a donation of a portion of the proceeds from my "Workbench For Sale" ad. A little help here perhaps?????
  6. D

Great Response

Due to the great responses by fellow NCWW'ers, the ad I placed for the workbenches is closed. Many thanks guys, I really appreciate it:icon_thum:eusa_clap and as I promised, part of the proceeds will be donated to NCWW in the next few days. :thumbs_up
  7. D

uploading pictures

Sometimes I have issues getting pictures to upload from my harddrive. Most of the time, it works fine but today I got one to upload and another keeps giving me the following error messages: Unable to create image: [/home/ncwoodwo/public_html/pp/uploads/3075/SANY0020.JPG] Warning...
  8. D

Redbud Stumps

Anyone know of any good uses other then firewood for a couple of Redbud Stumps? I cut down some for a friend yesterday and brought the stumps home. Largest is approx. 7" to 8" dia. and roughly 20" before it branches out. I thought I'd use them for bases under one or more of my slab tables unless...
  9. D

Nasty Email Worm

FWIW, I apologize in advance if anyone here has been getting a bunch of garbage emails from me. Seems we got some kind of spambot that came in and invaded the works here. Not only the PC but the wife's laptop as well. We've spent all day:BangHead: downloading fixes and trying the get rid of this...
  10. D

Old Iron

Well, I got some old iron given to me and after a little searching and asking around, I discovered I had an old, late 1940's to early 50's era, Craftsman table saw. It needs some cleaning up and probably a few new parts here and there but overall, it's in great condition. A little surface rust...
  11. D

Cooler Weather = Shop Time

Well, I've been waiting on summer to cool down so I could get out and work some. Yesterday and today I managed to get in a little shop time and almost completed a couple projects. :eusa_danc:banana: Remember this one from back in March? Well, here's a portion of it; actually the bottom most...
  12. D

steel tank

Friend of mine has this fuel oil tank and stand he'd like to get rid of on the cheap. Asking is $50, you haul away. Anyone interested send me a PM and I'll fwd on to him. Thanks for looking.
  13. D

Sandblasting

Throwing this one out there for comments, suggestions, etc. I've got several pieces of root sections that are "complicated" entanglements for lack of a better term. Bark removal and sanding is going to be more than a nightmare to say the least.:BangHead: Does anyone have any experience in...
  14. D

What Tree Is This?

While rummaging around in the woods I came across this tree that had a branch broken loose from the main branch. Didn't notice the little "fruits" until after I had removed the branch and a bunch of briar vines from the main tree. Have no idea what it is;:dontknow: never seen anything quite like...
  15. D

Site Loading

Just an FYI for anyone interested. FOr approx. the last week or so I've been noticing that the time from me clicking the link in my favs. folder to site loading has gotten extremely long. I've checked other sites that use the same or similar ops as this one and the only one I've been having...
  16. D

Nice Burls

While "out and about" around King's Mtn. over the weekend I snapped a few pics of some rather nice burls. Yeah, I did speak to the Park Ranger about the possibility of harvesting some of them and after a lengthy conversation, I understand their position. Those guys are charged with the...
  17. D

Nice Burl

Recall that thread I started a couple weeks ago about the big burl stump? Well, I started on the first chunk of it today. I know the photo date says 4/24 but it was today. I put new batteries in the camera and it lost a day. :dontknow:Go figure? Anyway.... This is absolute bottom section of...
  18. D

A BIG Stump

Well, I've been rather busy the last few weekends and evenings working on a stump that I cut a tree off last year. While cutting it I ran into some barbed wire that I didn't see beforehand so I left it be for a time. You can see one of the wires hanging out in the above pic from earlier this...
  19. D

At the Sawmill

I'd like to extend my thanks and gratitude for the event today at Kyle and Chris' sawmill. Saw a lot of stuff I wanted, (gotta make it back out there), and was able to put some faces with names from the site. Oh, the food was outstanding too. Sorry about having to check out early, I'd really...
  20. D

Free Oak

Stopped by a construction site this afternoon and chatted with the "boss" a bit. There's several pretty LARGE Oak trunks lying on the ground free for the taking. It's on Hwy 150 right behind the Boger City FD. Looks to be they're clearing land for a parking pot maybe for the new hospital. Pretty...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS