Search results

1. burl stump project

burl stump project

photo journal
  2. D

A heck of a mess in Japan

Glad to hear some good news coming out from over there.
  3. D

looking for smallish slab for table top

:gar-Bi Great minds think alike huh? Looks like we both posted that about the same time.:gar-La;
  4. D

looking for smallish slab for table top

Not exactly what I'd call a "smallish" slab there. You may want to try getting hold of either Kyle or Scott here. Both of them have sawmills and slabs for you to choose from. I've got a few myself but nothing of the size you're looking for.
  5. maple_top_bench

maple_top_bench

6. D

Sweetgum spoon

I see two pics and both of them look great to me. Nice work.
  7. D

photo not posting

Thanks Jim. It was taken with the same camera as the other one. :dontknow: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.15) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15
  8. D

Woodworking Advice and Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwiches

:rotflm:Yeah I can just imagine how that conversation went down. "You want ME to do WHAT, where, when, how and why?:eek: You want it done THAT way, YOU do it yourself or you can ***** starve!!!!:qleft7: That's why he now does it in 12 minutes.:gar-La;
  9. D

photo not posting

My photo with the classified ad for the workbench isn't showing up on the main page sidebar. The one for the steel shelving is though. :dontknow::help:
  10. D

Ambrosia/Spalted Maple

Jeff, up until the point I got fed up and built the sled, I went from the raw, chainsaw cut end to a belt sander with the coarsest grit I could get at Lowe's. From there, once I started getting closer to an even surface with no visible chain marks, I used a piece of flat glass and eyeball best...
  11. D

Our Spring Donation Drive is Underway!

Andy, based on your stats above, imagine if the number of registered members gave just $1.00? How about the "active" members donating as little as the cost of one gallon of gas? Last donation drive, I posted up a couple classified ads promising a portion of the proceeds would be donated to NCWW...
  12. D

Ambrosia/Spalted Maple

Yeah Buddy!!!:banana:That's what I'm talkin' about!! Ya done good on that one Jeff. Now you see what I get fight/play with when I get some free time. You got that one looking GREAT!!! The sleds do help out a whole lot when you don't have a sander big enough to handle one that size and bigger...
  13. D

Taking the Plunge (not router)

Congratulations Scott. We had a meeting a couple days ago discussing potential cutbacks. I was going to volunteer for a temporary layoff but was told "I'M" not a candidate. I was looking forward to having the month of March to do some gardening and woodworking. Oh well, enjoy my friend. Now you...
  14. D

End Tables from Bicentennial Park Lumber

:eusa_clap Now THAT'S how you do justice to an old tree. OUTSTANDING work there. :eusa_clap
  15. D

Tru-Oil Users?

:dontknow::wconfused::eusa_thin Definitely gives me something to think and ponder upon here. I'm going to have to give this a shot on a couple of my stumps and see just what the results are. I've used Tru Oil on some gunstocks over the years and gotten really good results. Never hear about the...
  16. D

Wood Wanted

:rotflm::rotflm:Yeah, right. You really wanna see how bad I can screw up flat work huh? Well, just for the heck of it, I'd planned on showing/embarrassing myself in public what I wind up with. It's supposed to be a simple little bookshelf unit to set model trains on for display. Can't foul up...
  17. D

Wood Wanted

WOW! So many responses here. If this comes together and I get the go-ahead, I'm going to be needing 5 or 6 pieces, 1X8X72 though something a little shorter will work as well. I don't have a planer or anything so I will definitely be wanting S4S and then I can cut that to length as need be. Many...
  18. D

Wood Wanted

Thanks to both of you, and to Kyle as well for the PM. I much prefer to buy from one of the members here before I go the retail route. Still not sure what my "potential" customer is willing to spend but I recommended the Maple. (Mainly cuz' I like the way it looks.):gar-Bi
  19. D

Sawstop incident report

Really glad to hear it wasn't your finger that triggered it. Can hardly wait to see the lawyers battling over who gets the case when Sawstop "causes" an injury. Be it from negligence or mechanical failure, it'll be an interesting show. Hope nobody ever gets seriously injured by one of these.
  20. D

Wood Wanted

I may be in need of some 1X8X72 Ambrosia Maple if anyone has any at a good price or knows where I can locate some.:help: I've got logs and growing trees running out my ears but no flat stock for a project a friend has in mind for me to do. Yeah, I know, venturing into the wild world of flat work...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS