Search results

1. J

Home security system

My old wired security system finally gave up. Now I am looking at adding some security camera etc. I do NOT want to hire a company and end up paying $40/month for life for monitoring. I have two Ring doorbells cameras but that is it. A friend has Simply Safe. Just wondering what you guys have...
  2. J

Whiteside Dovetail bit set #605

Brand new, 1/2" shank dovetail/straight bits set of 6 with 2 straight bits and 4 dovetail bits. Amazon has it at $130. I will deliver for $100 if anyone is interested. Comes in its own case. This set came with my Incra router table set up. Very easy to google and take a look at the set.
  3. J

Need 8/4 rough cypress

I can get finished cypress, but the price I got from Wall Lumber was for finished and I need to do the milling to get the size I need. I was hoping to find this somewhere close to Wilmington or in Eastern NC. Anybody know a sawmill where I can get rough dry cypress?
  4. J

Problem with lacquer finish/Finished table pictures

I have been using the rattle cans of lacquer lately on some of my projects with good results. I have just started putting the finish on a walnut table I just finished and am experiencing a white cloudy appearance. I have sanded it back and tried again with the same results. I understand now that...
  5. J

mitre angles

My daughter has asked me to build a wrap around exhaust hood for her new kitchen exhaust fan. From the front it will look square as it goes up to meet the ceiling. From the side it will slope back about 10 degrees from the bottom to the top (the exhaust fan has not been installed yet). Just...
  6. J

My wife wants a new dryer

Now I find out the new dryers come with a 4 prong plug and I have a 3 prong. Before I call an electrician, can anyone explain my options? I hear maybe I can change the plug cord back to a 3 prong? As this washer/dryers in going into a existing cabinet system, I do not have any good option beyond...
  7. J

felt top table bottom

I have decided to put the paper backed felt (paper peels off) on the bottom of the golf display table I am building for my golf pro buddy. It seems simple but what material would be best? I am thinking I will use 1/2" mdf. The bottom is 13" X 57".
  8. J

Going to buy a Tormek

I want to trick it out with diamond wheels so Highland has a package that I may buy. For those of you that are knowable about the Tormek, anything else I need to buy? I will be starting with basic chisels and plane irons. If they have an extra fine diamond wheel, I guess I would need that...
  9. J

WoodRat for sale

As I have upgraded to the PantoRouter, I can let this Woodrat go. It is very helpful in mortise and tenon work as it holds the workpiece and you can climb cut, as the router is controlled by mechanical means on an X & Y axis. It comes with attached Dewalt 621 router. New this package would be...
  10. J

Panto router

Thinking about buying this tool. Anyone have this and can will offer thoughts?
  11. J

Heavy duty hinges for display table

I have another thread going about the flocking issue with this table. Now on to another issue. The top to the display table will be 19"X64" with 1-1/4 thick trim boards and a beveled glass top. Due to the glass it will be very heavy. I probably will use piano hinges, but they are not very...
  12. J

Flocking?

I am building a glass top display table for my golf pro buddy. He wants the bottom (12"X 57") to be a green color. I do not want to attempt putting down the adhesive backed sheets so am looking at spraying on the felt. Anybody here with experience on this? So far I see a Donjer Flocking kit.
  13. J

Looking for someone to turn 4 legs for me

Near Wilmington, NC. I have a Jet Midi but need to turn legs that are 35". Willing to pay $$ to have it done if anyone is interested.
  14. J

Fugi Mini Mite 3 for sale

This has been used 3 times. One cabinet piece and two picture frames (trying to learn how to use). It has the Whip hose extension and a gravity feed gun. New from Amazon it looks like $850 plus tax. I am thinking $600 plus shipping to start.
  15. J

European hinge installation

I am building a bathroom vanity and plan on using European hinges for the first time ever. I will be building full inset doors and need some advice. My concern is drilling the mounting holes and making the reveal around the doors be consistent. I have not purchased any hinges yet. Do I need a...
  16. J

Powermatic Benchtop Mortiser for sale (SOLD)

Used twice so it is like new. Comes with two diamond sharpening cones and two chisels (1/2' and 3/8"). Last one on here sold for $650, if I remember correctly, so let's start there. It is in Wilmington, NC and is too heavy for me to pack and ship, so price based on pick up here.
  17. J

Buying new Jointer

I had a Grizzley for years and now thinking on the Grizzley G0495. Any opinions out there on this machine? Any other brand I should consider?
  18. J

SOLD-Hammer A3-31 For sale

I got this machine this April and have decided to go back to two machines. As I am a hobbiest and do not woodwork in the summer, this cannot have over 15 minutes of run time on it, as I have used my benchtop planer mostly and used this machine as a jointer. I paid Felder $6173.44 and bought a...
  19. J

Carter bandsaw blade guides

I read a post somewhere recently with glowing reviews on the Carter guides and now cannot find it. It has me thinking of a upgrade to my Laguna bandsaw. The price is steep for this ($300+) so I wonder if anyone here has them, and could offer an opinion on their experience.
  20. J

buying pre-turned table legs

I have been talked into building a display case for a friend. He sent me to look at a table he likes and it has ornate table legs, that is beyond my capabilities and lathe length. Any recommendations of a good place to order these? It will be walnut and about 36" long.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS