Search results

1. L

Segmented Turning Workshops - "UPDATE"

I also would like to Thank Charlie for having the class yesterday. It was a very informative class and he was a Great host! He made everyone feel more than welcome! If anyone ever gets the chance to visit Charlies shop, jump on it! it is a real treat. Showroom Quality! A place for...
  2. L

Segmented Turning Workshops

The 7th is the only one I can not make. The rest should be fine. Jeff
  3. L

Segmented Turning Workshop

Charlie, I would also be interested. Jeff
  4. L

Where is Cap'n Eddie Castelin?

Sorry to see this! I have been watching his videos this week. Hope he gets back to normal! At least his normal. Jeff
  5. L

Gloves when turning?

I have used welding gloves before on roughing out pieces. Like Mike I usually only where them on my left hand.http://www.harborfreight.com/welding-gloves-39664.html Jeff
  6. L

Red Breasted Merganser Hen

Awesome!
  7. L

Corian

and DUST!
  8. L

Hollow Form?

Thanks for the replies. Gives me something to work with. Never would have thought of the glass idea. Jeff
  9. L

Hollow Form?

I have always heard two things on how to turn a bowl correctly. #1 leave no signs of how you attached it to the lathe. #2 Finish the inside just as good as the outside. How do you sand and finish a hollow form where you cant get to it? Thanks, Jeff
  10. L

Black Walnut

Thanks for the input everyone! It has a lot of cracks in it, but I hope to get a few bowl blanks also. Jeff
  11. L

Black Walnut

My dad gave me some black walnut that was cut probably 30 years ago. It is blocks and half rounds 10"-15" wide and about 2-3 foot in length. The ends were never sealed. I have been working on milling it to 1" boards so I can use it. My ? is, do I need to stack and sticker it or or do you...
  12. L

Grizzly chucks

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I will save my penny's for the better chucks. Jeff
  13. L

Grizzly chucks

Has anyone used the Grizzly chucks? If so are they any good? http://www.grizzly.com/products/3-4-Jaw-Chuck-1-x-8-TPI/H7605 http://www.grizzly.com/products/4-Jaw-Chuck-For-Round-Pieces-1-x-8-TPI/G8784 Thanks, Jeff
  14. L

Bottle stoppers?

What stoppers are you using? Ruth Niles stoppers or cheaper ones? Thanks, Jeff
  15. L

Bottle stoppers?

I have made a few bottle stoppers for gifts. With the thank you's I usually hear you should sell them. For those of you that make and sell bottle stoppers, how much do you sell them for? Is there a rule of thumb to figure out what the asking price should be. Jeff
  16. L

space box?

Very Nice!
  17. L

A couple more Stoppers

Very Nice!
  18. L

First Stoppers

Ruth, I would be honored if you would. Feel free to use the pics. Thanks, Jeff
  19. L

First Stoppers

Thanks for the kind words. I did not wet sand with Micro Mesh. I may try that next time. I have only turned Corian a few times,but I'm really impressed with how it buffs up and holds a shine. Yes the dust does suck! Jeff
  20. Rolling pin

Rolling pin

Maple roller, Purple Heart handles and Oak stand

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS