Search results

1. llucas

Need suggestions for retractable castors for a heavy bench

I'm in the process of building an additonal workbench which will be 36" x 84". It will serve multiple functions and will need to be easily moveable. It will weigh a little over 300#. It needs to be stable and mainly rest on the floor most of the time. I am thinking of retractable castors. I...
  2. llucas

A well-adjusted Planer is a beautiful thing...BUT

So I have a Grizzly 1033x 20" planer that when it works, it works well. But after this last tune-up and adjustment of those adjustable parts it is back to making a worrisome noise. At the far end of the cut, just before the wood clears the cutting head I hear a bang/slap/knock....as if...
  3. llucas

Free antlers

Been hanging on to these for some years now. I still occasionally find more in the pastures and woods Maybe some turners/knife makers can use them. Free to good home PM me if interested. I am near Carrboro
  4. llucas

Framing and board and batten siding

So I am enlarging my shop by enclosing a shed wing. I’d like to match the b and b siding that exists. How to attach the b and b boards is the question. I originally planned to put in horizontal nailers to the traditional stud framing to nail the board to. Now I am thinking osb sheathing first is...
  5. llucas

Moving Shop: Selling at Pretty Good Prices

I picked up a dust collector from CL today from a nice fellow who is relocating out of state and selling his bigger shop tools. I think the prices are really good, but duplicates of stuff I already have. I resisted the urge to capture bargains, but somebody should check it out. Here is the list...
  6. llucas

Grizzly 8" jointer $500 (Sold / Gone)

Looks like it could be what you have been looking for....not mine etc https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/cary-grizzly-heavy-duty-jointer/7518132706.html
  7. llucas

Bandsaw Project - Hitachi CB75F

I have long wanted a better way to resaw stuff, so I made the trip down east to see a Hitachi CB75 from craigslist (thanks Martin)....it is a little rough and history says it was used mostly to resaw reclaimed barn wood....not a lot of evidence of TLC. But I brought it home unloaded it and...
  8. llucas

Dry kiln vapor barrier

Well progress is happening on my dehumidifier kiln build..(pics later, I promise) I am to the point of putting up vapor barrier on the inside over the insulation. I google search for the correct caulk/sealant to seal the plastic is confusing. Frequent mention of "acoustic caulk" comes up, but...
  9. llucas

Kiln construction

Just like clamps, you can never have too much space under roof. So I am planning to build a combination shed/dehumidifier kiln. I have plenty of air dried wood in multiple piles that would profit by a finish drying process, and in addition some of the wood will occasionally get a few bugs in...
  10. llucas

Is it toast?

Today I was replacing the wood deck on a 17ft trailer...PT pine 2x8...using a Dewalt 20v 1/4" impact driver (it's been a good tool and seen mild to moderate use). After driving aggressively about seventy 1/4" self drilling screws into the metal frame she got pretty hot and started to struggle...
  11. llucas

A little electrical advice please...

I picked up a Penn State 2 1/2 hp dust collector from a fellow downsizing....looks to be in good shape...sounded ok when he plugged it in, and sucked pretty strongly. It is labelled 110/220v on motor. He said he originally plugged it into a 110v outlet and it ran as he expected. Then he moved...
  12. llucas

Help needed for broken bolt in Bosch ros65vc sander

first off let me say that I love this sander....have used it extensively for the past 7 years...no trouble at all. today while sanding a cabinet..POW...sanding pad flies off...inspection shows the bolt in the center of the pad (which holds it on to the fan assembly, I believe, has sheared off...
  13. llucas

Anybody wanna make some Christmas money?

I posted this not long ago with little response. Not sure of the time-table for getting this done, but Joe is a very nice guy should be easy to work with. A friend of a friend salvaged a blow down white oak and is looking for someone to build two oak top desks for his daughters. I am...
  14. llucas

Anybody use the TSO GRS16 track square?

I've been putting off getting a track saw forever, but a recent bout of back probs and need to break down some sheet goods pushed me over the edge...besides, Hank has been gloating about his track set up lately. Part of my desires is to create perfectly "square" corners without the need to go to...
  15. llucas

Need someone to build some white oak desks for friend of a friend

A friend of a friend salvage a blow down white oak and is looking for someone to build two oak top desks for his daughters. I am oversubscribed and told him I would check for some interest on this site. I you might be interested see the contact info below and his description of what he has in...
  16. llucas

howcum I can't see old images?

When I search old posts on a particular subject, I can find the post but the images don't appear. Wassup? What can I do to see the images?
  17. llucas

Need Help...Electrical problem with Grizzly 20" planer

I've had a Grizzly 1033x planer for about 18 months now...was cleaning and adjusting rollers etc. Tried to run a test piece and got a white flash out of the wall receptacle and machine stopped. Full disclaimer, I know little about electricity, but I do know that is not good. Unplugged unit...
  18. llucas

Need Conveyor Belt for Supermax 37x2

Looking for a recommendation for a replacement conveyor belt for my SuperMax 37x2 drum sander. There are several sources on line, but the price is so variable I'm not sure which to get so as to get good quality and not get stung. Any suggestions from those of you who have faced this issue?
  19. llucas

20" planer $950

Sounds like a deal to me...not mine etc Don't think this will last long.
  20. llucas

True Or False : A completely water submerged cutting board will not crack...

OK, I will admit that the title of this post is aimed at getting a response, or several responses. I have made many cutting boards (end-grain and otherwise) and have always followed the glueing, oiling, avoid water cautions. Recently I had a gift endgrain cutting board returned for repair of 2...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS