Search results

1. llucas

Rustic Mirror with Shelf

very cool!
  2. llucas

Need suggestions for retractable castors for a heavy bench

Thanks guys for all the suggestions.... With all this in mind i will cruise amazon for the best deal to suit my needs
  3. llucas

Need suggestions for retractable castors for a heavy bench

I'm in the process of building an additonal workbench which will be 36" x 84". It will serve multiple functions and will need to be easily moveable. It will weigh a little over 300#. It needs to be stable and mainly rest on the floor most of the time. I am thinking of retractable castors. I...
  4. llucas

A well-adjusted Planer is a beautiful thing...BUT

Bob, I just checked that set screw...it was tight. I only found a screw on one side...I'm guessing that is to keep the pivot rod from sliding left and right? the other end of the pivot rod (without a set screw) was flush with the outside of the casting...I am guessing it is in the correct...
  5. llucas

Williemakeit I did have trouble getting the boards to feed throughk, but since i adjusted the spring tension in the rollers, it doesnt seem to be a problem now. Bob Vaughan Thanks for teaching me the names of some of the parts that might be a problem. I have isolated the problem to the chip...
  6. llucas

Bob. Thanks for the input. I’ll look today
  7. llucas

So I have a Grizzly 1033x 20" planer that when it works, it works well. But after this last tune-up and adjustment of those adjustable parts it is back to making a worrisome noise. At the far end of the cut, just before the wood clears the cutting head I hear a bang/slap/knock....as if...
  8. llucas

Free antlers

thanks for the interest and the info on legal or not selling wildlife parts harvesting... Antlers now have a new home with a NCWW member who will put them to good use.
  9. llucas

Free antlers

Been hanging on to these for some years now. I still occasionally find more in the pastures and woods Maybe some turners/knife makers can use them. Free to good home PM me if interested. I am near Carrboro
  10. llucas

Student Desk

Wayne, that is very nice. Exceptionally “crisp” design and finish! I’d be very pleased to do one like that for my grand-daughter Thanks for sharing
  11. llucas

Im New Here and I Made This

Dru, welcome and thanks for sharing. That is very cool!
  12. llucas

Side table project almost complete

Eric, that is one very nice table...some of the best white oak i've seen. I especially like the Q/S grain matching all around. Great job.
  13. llucas

Soliciting advice on a workshop expansion.

ok to leave compressor and dust unit outside covered yes on 220v...I recently did a shop expansion and put in a 100amp subpanel...very glad i did as I am already rethinking the wiring layout. yes on double swinging doors....less air loss, better insulation, and easier manpass access every time...
  14. llucas

roller stand

Martin Pm sent. At least I think I did the site is slow to load it
  15. llucas

Help identify this?

yep...i'm with Jim. Oak most likely of the white variety?
  16. llucas

Latest vase completed.

Pretty darn cool!
  17. llucas

Framing and board and batten siding

So I am enlarging my shop by enclosing a shed wing. I’d like to match the b and b siding that exists. How to attach the b and b boards is the question. I originally planned to put in horizontal nailers to the traditional stud framing to nail the board to. Now I am thinking osb sheathing first is...
  18. llucas

Transforming a shelf to workbench build

very, very cool!
  19. llucas

Blind Furniture Maker

With normal aging and slowly declining physical ability, I have taken to pausing each morning and reminding myself that it is NOT what one can't do anymore, it is what one still CAN do. This story drives that point home.
  20. llucas

Don't Burn Down Your Shop

I hear myself saying "I never do things like that" And I don't. But..I'm going to my shop right now to check on things just in case. That is absolutely eye-opening!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS