Search results

1. chgorugbyref

Woodworking magazines need a new home

I have accumulated quite a few woodworking magazines over time and now they need a new home. When I had space to have them out and accessible, I would look at them regularly. It’s been a couple of years and now they need a new home. These would make an awesome Christmas gift (hint, hint). I...
  2. chgorugbyref

Cremation box

Hey all - Looking for guidance in building a decorative box to hold cremation ashes. I’m proficient in building decorative boxes, but is there anything in particular I need to know or do differently for this type of box? What is the ideal size for human remains? Any help and thoughts would...
  3. chgorugbyref

One single saw nut…

I would like to find a single saw nut to replace the broken one in an old handsaw. It looks like the missing one is the “logo” nut as I have the slotted piece and hole for missing nut is larger than the other three. The diameter is 3/4”. Any ideas where I might find such a thing without dropping...
  4. chgorugbyref

Looking for a log

I'm looking for a source for a 2 to 3 foot length of log, 12"+ in diameter. I'd like it to use as a chopping block for hatchet work. I'm in N Raleigh, don't have a chainsaw (hmmm maybe an opportunity for new tool) but can come and get it and happy to pay for it. Thanks. jonathan
  5. chgorugbyref

N Raleigh Cabinet Shop?

Looking for a cabinet shop in N Raleigh (we live outside 540 on Falls toward Wakefield) to do a kitchen island. Any ideas or suggestions from the group would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  6. chgorugbyref

Woodcarving w Mary May at Woodwright's School

Not sure where to post this. I am registered for the Mary May woodcarving class at the Woodwright's School this coming weekend (March 2 &3), but am unable to attend due to a family emergency. I did her other class last year and it was great! I do not know if there is a wait list or if I can...
  7. chgorugbyref

Riven axe handle?

I need a new axe handle to replace the junk that came in my new axe. The grain ran diagonally across the handle and promptly snapped. Does anyone know where I can find a riven hickory or ash handle (36")? Not looking to break they bank but am willing to pay for quality. Thanks. jonathan
  8. chgorugbyref

Mortise chisels? Narex?

I am looking to pick up a couple of mortise chisels and would prefer not to break the bank. I spotted the Narex mortise chisels on the Lee Valley site and the Sorby plastic handle chisels at Highland and wonder if anyone has used them. Do they hold an edge? Are they comfortable to hold? Do...
  9. chgorugbyref

Woodwright's School

Just thought I'd share my experience last weekend at Roy's school. I was signed up for the class on Dovetails and Mortise and Tenon Joints as a birthday present from my better half (she rocks!). I have never attempted dovetails (read about 'em plenty, just never took the leap) but I have...
  10. chgorugbyref

Looking for a contractor

:help:I am looking for a contractor for a project. We'd like to build a loft in our two story foyer. We had two guys come out last year, but it seems one may be out of business and the other never bothered to call back. We live in N Raleigh out Falls of the Neuse. We are ready to get it...
  11. chgorugbyref

DW 788 opinions

:wconfused::help:I have an opportunity to pick up a used (hardly) Dewalt scroll saw (DW788 I think - does Dewalt have other models?). From what I hear, the 788 is a good machine. Can you hardcore scrollers confirm that? :help: I also know it is a pricey buy new, but what is a fair price for...
  12. chgorugbyref

Help with a lamp project

The queen of the castle purchased two reading lamps for our boys' bedroom that need to be hardwired (not ideal) and are non-returnable. My question is does anyone have experience converting hard-wired items to corded with an in-line switch? How much of a hassle and is it something an electric...
  13. chgorugbyref

Newbie in Raleigh

Hey all, I am a serial lurker who loves to play in woodshop when time allows. I'm a small project guy(like boxes) with a current fascination with "stash" wood. I hope to pick up some ideas and pointers. Jonathan

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS