Search results

1. NC_Horn

Porter Cable router

Porter Cable 693lrpk fixed base/plunge base router kit 1 3/4 hp 1/4 and 1/2 inch collets Incra MagnaLock Router Plate 690-890 Router $125 Router Plate $70
  2. NC_Horn

Scroll Saw

Craftsman 16” VS Scroll Saw with stand. $65
  3. NC_Horn

10 inch bandsaw

Craftsman 10 inch bandsaw. $50
  4. NC_Horn

Jet JJ6 Jointer

Jet JJ6 jointer, no rust. Upgraded to an 8 inch. $125 with mobile base.
  5. NC_Horn

Cedar logs

My son acquired some red cedar logs while clearing some commercial property, 14-16 ft long, around 24 in in diameter. Hoping to get it milled for use in a closet / gun room. I'm in Burlington looking for someone to mill. See the post by Jerry C about Steve Scott so that may be found. Other...
  6. NC_Horn

Chaise Lounges Complete

Chaise Lounges are out in the sun letting the finish cure. Love the way they turned out. Off to Lowes shortly to find some cushions for them. They should get a good workout this summer. Duane View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery View image in gallery View...
  7. NC_Horn

Tool Gloat - and this time I can blame someone else

It's all chris_goris's fault. After seeing and using his drum sander, I started watching CL for one of my own. Yesterday I found one I could afford (under 45% retail) for a like new Performax 16-32 plus with the Infeed/Outfeed tables and 4 additional rolls of paper. Not the big 22-44 that...
  8. NC_Horn

WIP - Chase Lounges

More of Ivey's cypress going to good use. One of two chase lounges going together for their first dry fit. Still a few parts to make then the glue-up and finish. Thanks, Duane
  9. NC_Horn

Daybed Swing Installed

Finally got a couple of pics of the Day Swing I made for a friend around Christmas. Wish I had somewhere for something like it. As I said before - porch overlooks the Cape Fear in Wilmington. Duane
  10. NC_Horn

Couple more cutting blocks

Finished putting the finish on a couple more cutting blocks. I got myself in the dog house when my son and I put together to cutting board for his girl friend last week, not taking care of the wife first. I worked on cutting parts for a couple more cutting boards with the increasing width...
  11. NC_Horn

Drum sander in the Burlington Area

My son and I worked on a cutting board inspired by one of the incra designs. We got a little over ambitious with the glueup so we need to help flattening the top and bottom again. Anyone in the Burlington area have a drum sander that would be willing to help us get back to flat and smooth...
  12. NC_Horn

Tenoning Jig

In the past, I have always used a dado head to help me cut the tenons for my mortise and tennon joints. With the dado head that I have, it has always left me with quite a bit of cleanup to get a smooth tenon. Woodworker Supply had their tenon jig on sale over the holidays so I took advantage...
  13. NC_Horn

Tool Gloat - Grizzly G0715P

Made a trip to Cary on Sunday, so I am now the proud owner of a Grizzly G0715P, thanks Brian! The rails had been modified on the Incra so I have ordered new 92" rails and a router plate. When they are delivered, I will be able to get it set up as I want it. Ran by Lowes this morning for the...
  14. NC_Horn

Day bed swing.

Finally got to spend some time in the shop......and put to use some of the cypress I got from Ivey. Just finished a day bed swing that a friend is giving her daughter. The swing will go on a large porch overlooking the Cape Fear in Wilmington. Sized to hold a pillow top twin matress. The frame...
  15. NC_Horn

Tool gloat - Dust Collector

Today, I drove to Apex and picked up a DC that I found on Craigslist. It's a 2hp Woodtek unit. At $120, I feel like I got a good deal on it. Unit looks very good, just a couple of minor issues to fix, have to reweld where the bag supports bolt to the base. The person I picked it up from was...
  16. NC_Horn

Road Trip - Thanks Ivey

Made a roadtrip this weekend. Dropped my truck and trailer off in Burgaw Friday afternoon. My son picked me up and we continued on to Ocean Isle Beach for a short weekend with the family. Picked my truck up yesterday and the trailer had given birth to ~500 BF or Cypress. Beautiful stuff. Have it...
  17. NC_Horn

Tool Gloat - Spindle Sander

Ran across a Craigslist Add for the Rigid Spindle Sander at Direct Tools in Mebane for $135 with the special they were running. Ended up picking up a couple of sanding sleeves and a mini cordless driver to get to a higher discount -- bringing total down to $126 for the sander. Duane
  18. NC_Horn

Long Time Stalker

Have been a stalking this forum for a few years. Don't post very much but enjoy all the post that I read here. As for me, I am a Windows system engineer - working for CSC. Time in the shop provides a needed release. I've enjoyed working with wood since the late 70s and high school shop...
  19. NC_Horn

Wildwood Timbers

View image in gallery Here is a look at a sign I am doing for my son, Cody, and his business. Cody is a Senior at Western Alamance High School and has been accepted to NC State in their Ornimentals and Landscape Technologies program at the Ag Institute. This will be his 2nd year with his...
  20. NC_Horn

Tool Gloat - Worksharp 3000

My backordered WS3000 :tool:was just unloaded by UPS from HD.com Would think all the orders are being filled now. Duane

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS