Search results

1. D

Need To Reroof

Yes the roof was completely removed down to the rafters and all damaged rafters were replaced. The people did an excellent job on the repairs now to finish the close-in and insulate. Thanks for the reply
  2. D

Need To Reroof

Complete tar and gravel was removed and new wood replaced where it was needed. There are no trees around for limbs to fall and puncture. Thanks for the warning.
  3. D

Air Compressor -- When to Retire

On my speedaire I just leave the valve cracked just a little and moisture is always drained. It is not open enough to hear unless you are laying on floor at it. Works for me, yes I have kept a check on it and no water.
  4. D

Need To Reroof

I took your advice on the roof and had it replaced completely. The people installed a "vinyl" like is used on malls and large roofs. they did remove all the tar and gravel and replaced rafters with new ones. also the new roof now extends over the deck. Thanks for the advice of fire safety. Dudelive
  5. D

Delta Jointer?

Be sure to check for the correct thread pitch. Example of tap can be 12mm x 1.25mm or 12mm x 1.00. The numbers after "x" is the thread pitch. A pitch gauge can help if the hole is not too small.
  6. D

Need To Reroof

Not planning to go with more tar but thinking of a metal roof and wondering does the original roof need to be completely removed. My thought is come back 4 or 5 feet from front wall and build a 4-6' knee wall which will increase the slope enough that water will not be a problem.
  7. D

Need To Reroof

No the blocks do NOT extend above roof. There is a 2 foot overhang all way around the building with a 8" slope front to rear of a distance of 14' block wall to block wall with 2 foot front and rear overhang. They used 2x6s for the roof rafters and 2x6s for the ceiling joists and it has a bow in...
  8. D

Need To Reroof

The shop is 20 x 14 block walls, original roof was tar and gravel. Before I moved here 10 years ago someone added a corrugated panel roof over top of 2 x 4s, there is a sag in the center and leaks sometimes. My question is can I remove the metal roof and increase slope to prevent leakage without...
  9. Dudelive's Junk

Dudelive's Junk

First turnings
  10. D

Need shed recommendation

Been there both ways......organize what you currently have and only then build the lean-to to the garage- carport area. In the end you will have more room and better access to both places. Done it both ways and organizing turns out to be a bigger help al the way around. Storage totes are a good...
  11. D

Metal tool chest for non-wood working tools?

I have had several types and brands over the 45+ years of turning wrenches. In my opinion the craftsman are an excellent box as long as you get the ball bearing drawer slides. As mentioned look at craigslist under tools and be just look around there are several that pop-up from time to time...
  12. D

Goodbye

Stop back when you can and will please. As for saying "Good bye", I don't say "good bye", I say "see you later". Thanks Dudelive
  13. D

Motor needed?

Thanks for the information...is this the same: Delta Amazon.com: DELTA 35-7657 10-Inch 40 Tooth General Purpose Circular Saw Blade: Home Improvement Dewalt: Amazon.com: DeWalt H5054 DW7657 10" x 5/8" 40t ATB .120 General Purpose Blade: Home Improvement Thanks
  14. D

Motor needed?

You are exactly right in the difference between the two. Almost scary compared to the "screamer" I was using. I made 1 cut and then decided I needed to go over the saw completely to be sure it was safe to use. Adjusting the blade to the table was rather tedious. Was not that bad on pine but on...
  15. D

Motor needed?

Thanks Mike for the link to Grizzley. G2533 Motor 1 HP Single-Phase 3450 RPM TEFC 110V/220V It should be here tomorrow. Then to install and see how much of a difference it is from a small universal motor saw to this one. Then to make room. Now looking to make a sliding sled since it did not...
  16. D

Suggestion - reconsider old thread policy

How would it be to have a pinned section in each area that would contain the most asked questions or information that lots of people would find helpful like how to set-up a table saw for the best cutting. Nothing real complicated but things that would be easy to see and could be up-dated by mods...
  17. D

Reconditioned Dewalt router DW618 with plunge and regular bases $135

Re: Will someone please explain to me the purpose of closing threads It might be setting where it gets closed automatically if inactive for a given amount of time. Try contacting an admin.
  18. D

Motor needed?

Have been looking at them and hoping to find a used one first. Although with a used one you have to say enough is enough and just bite the bullet. Something to think about.....thanks for the reminder.
  19. D

Motor needed?

After all the excellent advice that has been given here and even as much as I would be willing to try it, I just don't think it would be wise. There are too many wise people pointing out the problems of trying and things that can go wrong. Thanks for the offer. So I will just have to wait and...
  20. D

Thien Separator round one

Buy 2-1 2 Router Fence Dust Extraction Fitting at Woodcraft Did a copy and paste from Joe's post and found the above

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors