Search results

1. M

Posting a picture

How do you post a picture. all I have is a kindle and a smart phone , can it be done
  2. M

New lathe finished

New stand is done and the lathe is sitting on top of it. Question: need to ask Santa for some tools, any recommendations on what to ask for, looking for a basic set of tools to play with for now
  3. M

New lathe

Just picked up a new lathe this weekend and need to build a stand it . What is or how do you figure out the height to make it. Also would like to put casters on so I can move it around (good /bad idea ) any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated since the last time i played with a...
  4. M

New tablesaw

Finally got my new tablesaw and have a question about keeping the top from rusting . Here on the coast humidity is high and was wondering what would be the best way to keep the top looking good. any ideas to help keep the rust down ie a wax or say WD40
  5. M

20 degree angle on chisles??

I got several chisles at a garage sale yesterday that are ground to a 20 degree angle. the faces of all the chisels were chipped and look like they had 32 tpi on the face. well I cleaned they up and tried one, edge rolled and chipped , the chisles have a blade about 6 inches long and thin. all...
  6. M

sourwood lumber?

I have got some sourwood trees that need to come down , is the wood worth the trouble to mill or just turn it into firewood?
  7. M

discount tools

I stopped @ discount tools in GA. last week ,most of the tools that they have for sale are recon tools manfactured by royoba, milwaukee, and rigid . they had a rigid planner for $189.00 , a lot of drills, circular saws and sanders. I got a rigid model 2600 sander for $24.95 Someone had posted...
  8. M

would like to start /learn how to turn

I have been thinking of trying to learn how to do some work on a wood lath but don't know where to begin. what size of a lath do you need , tools , cost Any help on this will be kindly appreacted
  9. M

dead cherry tree

this might be a dumb question ,but I was offered a cherry tree for the lumber if I cut it down. the problem is that the tree has beed dead for about 18-24 months. Is it worth trying to salvage the timber or is it to late , a lot of the branches snap and the bark is peeling off but the trunk...
  10. M

screws and such

I needed some #8 brass screws for a project and got them threw a company called fastnal , 100 screws were $13.82 , priced some other sizes and they beat the borg price buy 40-60% 100 srews @ lowes were $11.97 per 25 , ordered them on thur. and picked they up on mon. only problem is that you...
  11. M

another table saw question

Santa said that he MIGHT bring me a new t/s, for christmas and I have been looking . I see left /right lilt ,saws with this and that style fence system , cabinet , contractors ect I was wondering as to which saw to look at and which ones to steer clear of, I primary cut hardwoods up to 8/4...
  12. M

old dunlap plane

I was given a bunch of woodworking tools recently and I think that one is a dunlap and the other might be but I am not sure first off the black body green body throat opening 2 5/16 "...
  13. M

5/4 oak and hickory

A friend of mine told me about this site called irsaucrions.com I went to the site and looked up the auction for Stair Parts inc on the left side of the screen when the site came up I went to the lumber section, listed where 5/4 oak, hickory, cherry, on pallets for 25-50 dollars so if someone is...
  14. M

[How Do I-Other] computer stupid

Yes I am computer stupid , I need help in trying to e-mail. a member irt a table he built maybe I can borrow Dave O's 5 year old to show me how , any help will be appreaciated :kermit:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS