Search results

1. Berta

Baby Shower gift.

I made a gift for a baby shower I am attending. The foot and stork picture frame is made from 1/2” Cherry. It is a Steve Good pattern. I used a stencil to create the baby’s name, and purchased the picture frame from Klock-It. The family with the new baby is made from 3/4”. The pattern is in...
  2. Berta

Dewalt Scroll Saw

The Dewalt Scroll Saw is on Amazon right now for $400.00. If you’re sitting on the fence, now is the time!
  3. Berta

Sunny Scrollers March Meeting

The March meeting of the Sunny Scrollers is March 3 at the Cary Klingspor’s from 2 to 4 pm. If you want to join us, see what we do, etc, you are welcome. This month our challenge was compound cuts. I can’t wait to see what our members made, (I anm still working on mine). Any ideas for next...
  4. Berta

Sunny Scrollers February meeting notes

Our February meeting at Klingspor’s in Cary had 10 members attending. our monthly challenge was a bowl from a board. We had fun sharing what we had accomplished. As usual it was a show of The Good, The Bad, and the ugly! Everyone tried, we discussed “How did you do that as well as “What did I...
  5. Berta

This month’s Scrollers challenge

Every month we try to come up with a project for our Sunny Scrollers to try. January was layered bowls. February is compound cuts. If you would like to play along, Steve good has a couple free on his site as well as a YouTube video. Tyler, The Artisan Pirate has some as well. I am available...
  6. Berta

Sunny Scrollers February 4

The Sunny Scroller’s February meeting is February 4th from 2 to 4 pm at the Cary Klingspor’s.
  7. Berta

New project. They said it couldn’t be done!

I cut Corian. A scrap of 1/2” thick corian leftover. Cut on my scroll saw with a Flying Dutchman #5 polar blade. The edges were sanded with my belt sander and my Guinevere sander. It was easy to cut. It ‘Cut like butter’!
  8. Berta

Looking for a Pony Express from Garner

I have found someone on the Facebook group that is a cabinet maker and has some corian scraps I can have. I wonder if anyone can pick some up for me and get them to me in Durham while I am there Saturday, January 27? I am also in Cary on the first Sunday of every month. Roughly 12”x12” or...
  9. Berta

First Scroll saw club meeting of 2024!

The first meeting of Sunny Scrollers of 2024 will be Sunday, January 7, from 2 to 4pm at the Klingspor’s Cary location. One of our past challenges was to make a name tag. If you have a name tag, wear it, if not, make one! Everyone is welcome to attend.
  10. Berta

Gift box

Continuing with “What else can I cut on my Scroll Saw?” How about a paper gift box? Cut from Poster board! Stack cut 6 between 1/8” plywood. Crease Fold, apply glue!
  11. Berta

PROXXON Table Saw

I won the PROXXON table saw at the Winston-Salem anniversary on Saturday! PROXXON is a company that focuses on power tools for model builders. My scroll saw shop is in a spare room of my house, so I was a bit apprehensive on the noise and dust. I was impressed! The dust collection works...
  12. Berta

What can I cut with my scroll saw besides wood?

I bought a new book that explores the different things that a scroll saw can cut. I was amazed by how versatile it can be. I have tried some of them. Plexiglass, Leather, paper, metal. The plexiglass Angel is painted on the backside. The leather is a piece of an old belt, the paper angel on the...
  13. Berta

Plaques, I’D RATHER BE…

Hunting, Riding, Golfing. These are Shiela Landry designs. They are cut on 3/8” wood with a 1/4” plywood backer. .
  14. Berta

Ornaments

These are some of the ornaments I have made this past month. Some were started in Hickory. I make 90% of them from scraps from other projects. .
  15. Berta

December Scroll Saw club meeting in Cary

December is racing towards us so fast! I have been making things from things other than wood, and ornaments too. Please bring what you have been working on to our meeting on December 3, from 2 to 4pm at the Cary Klingspor’s location. Berta.
  16. Berta

Devin’s First Project

Devin is the name of the teenager that received the wheelchair scroll saw stand. His mom let me know that he is practicing and having fun!
  17. Berta

THIS is why I love this group!

After last year’s Extravaganza I bought a new Dewalt Scroll Saw. I already had a stand because the person that got my old saw didn’t want the stand. Why this matters: I didn’t have a stand to put the teaching saw on at the extravaganza (it was mine and I am using it). I remembered about a...
  18. Berta

Sunny Scroller’s in Cary

It is time for our next scroll saw club meeting. I assume everyone is preparing for the upcoming holidays. What are you making? Where did you find the patterns? Everyone wants to know! The meeting will be held Sunday, November 5th from 2 to 4 at Klingspor’s Cary location. I hope to see...
  19. Berta

First Place at the State Fair!

My Founding Fathers received a First Place ribbon at the State Fair! I am so excited!
  20. Berta

Corner Help By Steve Good

This is a link to Steve Good’s YouTube videos on how to cut corners on a scroll saw. We will be practicing this at the Sunny Scroller’s meeting today, (October 1), at Klingspor’s from 2 to 4pm.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS