Search results

1. merrill77

Repairing Wood River hose reel supply line

My hose reel has sprung several leaks on the supply line. I'd like to replace the line, where it connects to the reel: I had hoped that I could remove the elbow, but it did not yield when I put a wrench on it. I could try harder, but I thought I'd ask for advice here, before I do...
  2. merrill77

Looking for a machinist / shop in the Triangle area

I need to have these parts re-created for my SuperShop: Don't ask ... it's an embarrassing story :o
  3. merrill77

FS: Sawstop PCS 1.75hp motor and contactor assemblies

1.75hp Motor: $192 120v contactor box with cables: $77 (used for only 1 year) 230v contactor box with cables: $49 I've had my Sawstop PCS 175 for ~ 10 years. The saw has maybe around 100 hours of total use in the past 10 years. These parts are in flawless working condition. It has seen only...
  4. merrill77

Looking for a sawyer, in NW Raleigh

My neighbor has a oak that he would like to saw and mill for flooring. Fell over in storm - took the whole root ball out of the ground. 65 ft of straight trunk the before the first large limb. 24" diameter at the 65 foot end. Can any recommend a sawyer that works in this area? TIA! Chris
  5. merrill77

How to start a conversation?

I must be blind...but I can't find the Start Conversation button. It is not up here...nor at the bottom of the page. What am I missing?? TIA!
  6. merrill77

Is there such a thing as an extra-extra thin wall socket?

I wasn't sure where else to post this...it IS a woodworking tool. I want to get this nut off. It is a 15/16" nut but the surrounding hole is only 1 7/32” in diameter. I bought an extra-thin-wall socket, but it is nearly 1 17/64” in diameter – making it nearly a full 1/16” too big. The wall of...
  7. merrill77

needing a gun stock refinished

A neighbor inquired about refinishing a gun stock. Unfortunately, I've been too busy to do anything in my shop for a long while, so I am unable to help him. But I said I'd see if I can find anyone who is looking for this kind of work. Here is a picture of the stock in question. If you are...
  8. merrill77

band recommendation for cutting curves in 8" maple

A neighbor is building a table and needs to cut some legs in 8" soft maple. I told him my saw (16" Jet) has that capacity, but I don't think any of my bands are suitable for the job. Seems like anything more than a 3/8" band will make the tighter curves tough...and that lower curve may need a...
  9. merrill77

MakeMeMaker - find and offer local maker services

I saw a presentation on this at this morning's Tech Breakfast (http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-TechBreakfast/) and I thought it might be of interest to some of you...particularly those looking to have a custom part made or offer your own shop / CNC services to others. http://makememaker.com/...
  10. merrill77

Hello, my name is Chris, and I'm a...

After completing a project this weekend, I can no longer deny the fact: I am a woodoholic. I've spent the past few shop days finishing up a wood-storage rack under the stairs in my basement workshop: This is the SECOND large wood storage area I've constructed in my shop - the other is bigger...
  11. merrill77

Shopsmith on CL

This could be a pretty good deal if you're looking for one... http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/5082145893.html Shopsmith model 510 $275.00 OBO - $275 (Smithfield) < > image 1 condition: excellent make / manufacturer: Shopsmith model name / number: 510 I have a shopsmith model 510 for sale...
  12. merrill77

Triton router power switch repair

Yesterday I went to start my router (TRC-001 in a table) and got nothing. After pulling it from the table and starting to diagnose, I noticed the power switch was not lighted like it should be when plugged in. After removing the switch, I opened it up to find a lot of wood dust in it. Not a...
  13. merrill77

2015 Pinewood Derby cars and catpult

Better late than never.... Ryan's car (Blue Flame) was modeled after my 2009 Mazda RX-8 R3. He roughed out the body on the bandsaw and scroll saw , and finished the shaping with a spokeshave and various sanders. Except for the number on the hood, he hand painted all the details. Justin's car...
  14. merrill77

How to attach handles (scales) to knife tang?

I was very fortunate to win a Hock 7" knife kit at the picnic. Since I also have several medium quality kitchen knives (JA Henckels) that would benefit from new handles, this seems like the kick I need to get started. Two things in the instructions surprised me: #1 the handles are to be glued...
  15. merrill77

A little shop cabinet upgrade

I've had a few hours in the shop lately (very few)...but I managed this little upgrade. I liked the white cabinet doors - I need as much light as possible in my basement shop. But I also want my frequently-used tools close at hand. After finding some white pegboard at one of the BORGs, I decided...
  16. merrill77

Shopsmith Mark V Mini ??

Saw this on CL (http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/4959261351.html) Those tubes look half the length they should be. How can that even be useful? What am I missing? April Fools joke? Shopsmith Mark V Woodworking tool (Wendell, NC) Shopsmith Mark V woodworking tool ... table saw...
  17. merrill77

Newbie welding

Not sure if this is ok for the DIY forum or if I should go to OT. My trailer needs a new floor and I like the expanded metal better than wood. That seems like a good project for learning to weld. Anyone know of a similar group to NCWW for this kind of work? Or what kind of welder I'd want to...
  18. merrill77

I like working this Tigerwood!

I ran all the Tigerwood flooring (from jazzflute) through the planer this weekend and then grabbed a small piece to make myself a new small mallet. I used the lamination method, so it didn't take long. Spent a few minutes with a spokeshave and block plane on the edges. Also used a hand scraper...
  19. merrill77

WTB expanded metal flooring

Anyone know of a metal scrapyard where I might find expanded metal sheets to make a floor for my 5x10 trailer at a bargain price? Could be multiple smaller pieces.
  20. merrill77

Need chainsaw advice

#1 - My father has heard me wish for a larger chainsaw on a few occasions. They recently moved here and he said "I don't want to maintain a saw anymore, since I can just borrow yours now. Here is my saw...keep one and pass the other to your B-I-L." Mine is a Stihl 025 with 16 & 18" bars, ~15 yrs...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS