Search results

1. merrill77

Jet-JWBS-18 bandsaw-Is $1100 to much?

I sold my Jet 16" for >$1000 a little over a year ago. That included accessories and blades (incl 1" carbide Resaw King). Maybe that helps in terms of deciding what the market says. But to echo the sentiments above, the 1.5hp was a little underpowered to resaw at the saw's capacity. I sold the...
  2. merrill77

Repairing Wood River hose reel supply line

My hose reel has sprung several leaks on the supply line. I'd like to replace the line, where it connects to the reel: I had hoped that I could remove the elbow, but it did not yield when I put a wrench on it. I could try harder, but I thought I'd ask for advice here, before I do...
  3. merrill77

birch plywood ends

That looks more like 7-ply (such as SandePly), than BB. Certainly isn't the 13-ply BB I'm used to seeing.
  4. merrill77

Looking for a machinist / shop in the Triangle area

I need to have these parts re-created for my SuperShop: Don't ask ... it's an embarrassing story :o
  5. merrill77

FS: Sawstop PCS 1.75hp motor and contactor assemblies

1.75hp Motor: $192 120v contactor box with cables: $77 (used for only 1 year) 230v contactor box with cables: $49 I've had my Sawstop PCS 175 for ~ 10 years. The saw has maybe around 100 hours of total use in the past 10 years. These parts are in flawless working condition. It has seen only...
  6. merrill77

Looking for a sawyer, in NW Raleigh

Thanks again! I've got a few more leads to try, now :)
  7. merrill77

Jack does not seem to be active on the site any longer - his profile says he hasn't been active in more than a month. Anyone have direct contact into for him or suggestions of other sawyers in the area?
  8. merrill77

My neighbor has a oak that he would like to saw and mill for flooring. Fell over in storm - took the whole root ball out of the ground. 65 ft of straight trunk the before the first large limb. 24" diameter at the 65 foot end. Can any recommend a sawyer that works in this area? TIA! Chris
  9. merrill77

How to start a conversation?

Yup...that was it. Thanks!
  10. merrill77

Thanks, Bill, but that link is missing as well:
  11. merrill77

Thanks, but I don't get that button :( I haven't been on the site in a while. Maybe I've fallen out of favor, so to speak? I'm glad to know that I'm not just blind, though :)
  12. merrill77

I must be blind...but I can't find the Start Conversation button. It is not up here...nor at the bottom of the page. What am I missing?? TIA!
  13. merrill77

Is there such a thing as an extra-extra thin wall socket?

I wasn't sure where else to post this...it IS a woodworking tool. I want to get this nut off. It is a 15/16" nut but the surrounding hole is only 1 7/32” in diameter. I bought an extra-thin-wall socket, but it is nearly 1 17/64” in diameter – making it nearly a full 1/16” too big. The wall of...
  14. merrill77

needing a gun stock refinished

Maybe he could...dunno. He asked me to recommend someone to do it for him. I haven't found any shop time in past 3 years due to work situation. I've occasionally helped other people do this kind of stuff. And supervise/advise on three district-winning pinewood derby cars. All of which I could do...
  15. merrill77

I'll ask that, too. He is sending the mechanism in for new seals, IIRC. So maybe he just wants to clean it up while it is apart.
  16. merrill77

I don't know if he's in a hurry, but I know he doesn't have a basement :) I guess I should have him bring it by and get a better look at how much work it really needs.
  17. merrill77

A neighbor inquired about refinishing a gun stock. Unfortunately, I've been too busy to do anything in my shop for a long while, so I am unable to help him. But I said I'd see if I can find anyone who is looking for this kind of work. Here is a picture of the stock in question. If you are...
  18. merrill77

band recommendation for cutting curves in 8" maple

Thanks for the advice! I knew I had heard of something along these lines, but "Skip tooth" had completely eluded my recall. I've found a 4TPI skip tooth in 3/8" for my saw (123"). How do y'all check for good blade tension manually? The tension gauge on my saw always seemed questionable...and...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS