Search results

1. Scott Kuykendall

What wood to use for picnic table

My neighbor has asked me to build a picnic table for him and I am trying to find out what is the best type of wood to use without breaking the bank. I thought about using Cypress but can't find any 2X lumber around Spartanburg SC area. Does anyone know of a source for 2X4 & 2X6 lumber that would...
  2. Scott Kuykendall

Who Am I

I am a 49 yr old self taught woodworker after becoming disabled due to a Semi truck accident in 1989. I have started making pens and other round things lately since they are lighter and easier to work with the the bigger projects I have done in the past. Scott Inman SC
  3. Scott Kuykendall

Hardwood Source Charlotte to Spartanburg Area

I was wondering if any one knows of some where that sells small Qty of hardwood between Charlotte Airport and Spartanburg. I have to take the Family to the airport Thur and need a a about 10 bf of 5/4 Ash and didn't know if there is a place along my route. I e-mailed Advantage Lumber in Grover...
  4. Scott Kuykendall

How to Prep some Birch Wood

The guy next door had a Birch tree cut down so I grabbed some of the biggest Dia. stuff there was. Its from 9" to 7" around and cut to 3 feet long. I am just starting out turning and have done some pens and Bottle Stoppers on my Rickon Mini. I sealed the ends with Anchor Seal right after they...
  5. Scott Kuykendall

HELP The vortex has me

I bought a Rikon Lathe a few years back when Woodcraft had them for a good price and finally made something with it. These pens are the first thing I have ever turned, the first few pens I did just straight and then started being a little more creative. I am going to play around with slimline...
  6. Scott Kuykendall

Shop Table / Outfeed Table Help

I am in the process of making a out feed / shop table and I am looking for help with a problem. First with funds tight this is being made with 2X4 and Plywood that I have on hand. The table is 46"X 60" and 38" tall, I want one of the stretchers on the 60" side to be able to open so I can roll...
  7. Scott Kuykendall

PORTABLE A/C unit in Garage

I live in the Spartanburg SC area and was wondering if anyone uses a portable A/C unit the type on wheels that you run the exhaust hose through a window to cool your garage? I have a double car garage that is sheet rocked and insulated walls ( but not the ceiling it just sheet rocked ) with a...
  8. Scott Kuykendall

Hardwood Source in Spartanburg SC Area

I have been using up my stash of Red Oak and I need to find a source for some more in the Spartanburg Area. I am disabled so I don't use much at a time, I need enough to glue up a lid for a Large toy box I am in the middle of making for the grand daughter and there is no way I will pay what the...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS