Search results

1. J

Formatting a classified ad

John here in Jacksonville. I just posted a good number of wooden hand planes for sale the other day. I noted on other classified ads those sellers have links for the buyer to "Make Offer', "Contact Seller", and a "Buy It" button...none of which show on my ads. I have reviewed all the options...
  2. J

Make sure your saw guards work

Very scary stuff. My father-n-law could count up to nine...4 1/2 on each hand. Took off the ends of his thumbs on two occasions. He was an old school carpenter, had been for many years; then an asst shop teacher in Toms River NJ working with at risk kids . Both times he did what we all do at...
  3. miter saw

miter saw

4. J

Classified Ad

Hey out there - I would like to get a ruling on a classifiedI would like to hang. I used to do the wood working portion for stained glasspanels my Mother would make. I am looking to offload the stained glass portion.Can I hang the below classified or is it too far from woodworking? Thanks John...
  5. J

Box for Ashes - Serious Post

Susan, John Gauthier here in Jacksonville. A few years back my Mom passed away and after a year my Dad asked if I wouldmake an urn (strange but even the wooden box is called an urn) to hold herashes. He did not want a showy piece or one that looked like a little mausoleumor crypt which some...
  6. Urn_3a2

Urn_3a2

7. Urn_4a

Urn_4a

8. Urn_1a

Urn_1a

9. J

Box for Ashes - Serious Post

You may want to check with the funeral home. I believethat after cremation ashes are put in a plastic bag and then in whatever final'urn' has been selected. In my Mother’s case, it was the simple box provided bythe funeral home since I was making the final urn (box). I had the dimensionsof the...
  10. J

Prairie Settle finished - well mostly

Ken - looks great! Would love to see them once they are oiled up. John
  11. J

Active Status and Classifieds

Hello from Jacksonville. I have been traveling in and out of state, see now that I am listed as being in an 'inactive' status. Can I be switched to reflect an 'active' status? I can see and read classified ads but not hang any. Can I be given permissions to hang classified ads? Thanks John...
  12. J

Metal Rolling Mill

Thanks guys for all the responses. Cheers John
  13. J

Metal Rolling Mill

Thanks, George...Didn't think of that, have one in town. John
  14. J

Metal Rolling Mill

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Seasons Greetings to all from Jacksonville... I plan on making some metal and wood/metal lanterns and sconces and am looking for a small hand cranked rolling mill so I can roll my metal into curves and roll over the edges to hide the raw edge. Anyone have a...
  15. J

Drill press cart

A great looking cart. I don't think you went over on the wheels. We all know how top heavy drill presses are. Many of us have had that sinkling feeling in our stomachs as we were rolling top heavy shop carts around to have the small castors snag on a wood chip and the whole deal begin to...
  16. J

Modern Shaker ??

Don - great figure on top; especially like the 'floating' top design. John
  17. J

Porch Swing Construction Suggestions Wanted

M&T joinery may be overkill for an outdoor project such as this, especially if it will be painted. I might recommend lap or half lap with construction adhesive and bolts or screws countersunk and plugged. Will leave a nice smooth finish without Frankenstein bolts and allow for a little leeway in...
  18. J

Reach Out

John in Jacksonville. Just reaching out to see if there are any NCWoodworkers in the J'ville or Onlsow County area. John
  19. J

Placing Classifieds

This is John in Jacksonville. I was going to place a 'for sale' classified but received an auto-message, 'Sorry, you are not allowed to post new listings until you have at least 5 posts!' Can you explain this to me. Thanks John

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS