Search results

1. G_ville_worker

Sign-up for Raleigh Sharpening and Handplane workshop

If there is still a spot available I would love to attend.
  2. G_ville_worker

Any Balsa suppliers in central or Eastern NC?

I would prefer white cedar. Where are you getting it? I would need 12' long. Thanks.
  3. G_ville_worker

Tell me about it. Kind of a drag going through the lumber at Lowes. I'm actually going by my local sawyer tomorrow to check out some of his red cedar and see what he has. He also mentioned that he has Cypress but I have never worked with it. I'll check it out.
  4. G_ville_worker

Very cool. I'm actually in the process of making a board myself right now. Except I'm doing a hollow board with frame. I'm skinning it in cedar. I looked for some balsa online but did not need the sizes you will need. Anything I found shipping kind of made it cost prohibitive.
  5. G_ville_worker

Water based finishes

I sprayed some furniture I built with General Finishes water based poly about 5 years ago. Thought it went pretty well. Have to check out this stuff.
  6. G_ville_worker

hOW TO ACCENTUATE ASH GRAIN

As said above this is a chance to experiment with different color grain fillers. Afterwords you can use any stains you want to color and get some great effects. I use Timbermate on my guitars and color it with Mixol tints.
  7. G_ville_worker

Next Bass Build

It is an addiction. I started with a telecaster 3 years ago and have since built a strat, another tele, es335, 2/x12 speaker cab, and have some others in the works. Go for it!
  8. G_ville_worker

Woodworking Apps?

Keep us posted Merrill. I just joined the Android world and love it.
  9. G_ville_worker

HF Dust Collectors

I have the cheapest DC that HF sells. I hooked it up to a chip separator with 30 gal. trash can. Works great for my needs. My shop is about your size.
  10. G_ville_worker

Guitar Build Day 1 and Day 2

Glad to see some other builders on this site also. I just finished my first electric. It is a tele with korina body, maple neck and Pau ferro fret board. I plan on starting a strat in a week or two. Is your neck pocket square even though it is to big? Could you glue in a piece and...
  11. G_ville_worker

Jointer - 3 Blade Knife's vs HELICAL HEAD

I picked up a great deal on a used jet jointer much like the one you mentioned. I later got a steal on a brand new jet helical head on ebay. Love the ease of use on the new head. Got good results with the blades as well though. Either will work just fine. I say save the money upfront and...
  12. G_ville_worker

Even a SawStop would not work...

Sorry to hear and I wish you the best. Bit my thumb last August so I know how you feel. On the good side you will be surprised how much fingers grow back. A friend of mine who is a chef told me that after it happened. Guess they have a lot of chunks gone from those sharp knives. Anyway he...
  13. G_ville_worker

Table saw blade choice

I bought the Rigid after seeing the reviews and figured I would give it a shot. So far I have had great results. I was cutting some cheap borg plywood scraps for some jigs on Friday. I noticed one of the sides had a lot of chip out from what ever blade I used last. (I think it may have been...
  14. G_ville_worker

What is it?

Very cool. One day I might get one of dem dare fancy coffee thingys. :mrgreen:
  15. G_ville_worker

Bitten by table saw

Sorry and wishing the best for you. I got bit last August so I know what you are going through. Good luck. Fingers are pretty resilient.
  16. G_ville_worker

Freud Router and Table

Glad someone bought one. Does seem like a great deal.
  17. G_ville_worker

Cove Molding on a Table Saw

Did you hog out most of the waste first with a dado set, or use a solid board? I've been contemplating this my self. Thanks.
  18. G_ville_worker

Rigid 3650 Fence Alignment tips

I've been fusing with getting this fence square. Do you guys have any tricks that have helped you? Do you loosen the screws lock it down and nudge it then tighten while locked down? Adjust it not locked down? How tight do you adjust the bolt at the end of the fence? It seems I can get it...
  19. G_ville_worker

Osborne Excalibur Miter Gauge EB-3

I've had mine for about a year. I use the supplied paper and haven't had any problems. Congrats.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS