Search results

1. rcflyer23

Jointer for sale SOLD

Does this have straight blades?
  2. rcflyer23

Hobby Tool Sale

How much is she asking for the Jet Jointer?
  3. rcflyer23

K40 Rebuild - WIP

Lightburn is definitely the way to go. I'm working through how I want to handle, the electronics and controller. I'm used to being able to upload and print with my 3D printers, I'd like to have a way to send the files from my main machine to the laser and then be able to align the piece and...
  4. rcflyer23

K40 Rebuild - WIP

I received a K40 laser over Christmas and have worked with it a few times. I knew going in I would be rebuilding it. I very rarely can leave stuff like this alone. There are several different projects out there about reworking the K40 using the existing enclosure and expanding it out to a...
  5. rcflyer23

Hello from Cary

Welcome, I'm just down the road in Holly Springs.
  6. rcflyer23

Aluminum Billet for Guitar Linings

Okay cool. Yeah that makes more sense now. I'll take them off your hands if no one else has claimed them
  7. rcflyer23

Aluminum Billet for Guitar Linings

Do you have a picture of the billets. I'm going to be getting into Acoustic builds and it would be great to have a set of these.
  8. rcflyer23

Hello from Apex

Welcome Joe, I'm over in Holly Springs.
  9. rcflyer23

Hobbyist from Holly Springs

Welcome Jon, I'm in Holly Springs as well, trying to get back into the hobby again myself, I had planned on doing some work this weekend but it actually got cold. I'm also one of those sitting in front of a computer, but ends up being more like 60+ hours a week, but not all work :)
  10. rcflyer23

Bought a new CNC router.

Nice, I haven't seen that one yet. I've been thinking about building one myself I really only need a 24"x48" work area so that I can rough cut guitar bodies. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after having it for a bit.
  11. rcflyer23

Guitar Build started almost a decade ago.

Started applying the finish to the guitar. I'm very happy with the results so far.
  12. rcflyer23

Finally had a chance to get back to the guitar. Drilled and routed out the Electronics cavity, next step is to take it down to final depth and route the lip for the cover. Planning on making it from the figured walnut in the picture below. I also 3D printed some pickup covers in a cream...
  13. rcflyer23

Oh yeah I need to get a planer and jointer again sold mine about 4 years ago, regret doing that but I’ll pick up some sooner or later. As I go along I’m trying to 3D print as many templates and jigs as I can but for higher accuracy stuff like fretboards I’ll just but those tools.
  14. rcflyer23

Nice I will eventually build a bass as well. I hope to do my own neck next go round. Just gotta get the fret board templates and miter box from stew Mac.
  15. rcflyer23

Yeah I’m hopefull that I’ll be back into woodworking with this.
  16. rcflyer23

Most likely I want to get a more vintage color on the neck.
  17. rcflyer23

I'll post some video of it once I get things totally done. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks.
  18. rcflyer23

Well, it's been a while since I've posted here. Life took over and I haven't been doing much woodworking up until this year. I've always wanted to build guitars and started a year or 10 ago. I psyched myself out and decided I couldn't finish it successfully. 2020 hit with all its glory and I...
  19. rcflyer23

Hello from Holly Springs, NC

There is a club over there I have flown over there but being that close to the houses makes me a bit nervous plus I have an 86” yak that I hope to finish off next year and fly at another club. Most of what I fly is to big to fly there. I’m not to far from there I’m down the street from from the...
  20. rcflyer23

Hello from Holly Springs, NC

Welcome. I’m in Holly Springs as well. Not much woodworking happening in the last several years, but hoping to get back to it soon.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS