Search results

1. bbrown

DONE. WTB: Dovetail Saw

I have a number of quality dovetail saws in almost new condition from my woodworking school which I closed down last year. Would be happy to get you one for cheap if you are not already set.... Best to use my email since I always forget to look for mail here: dei.gratia123@gmail.com -Wm. Brown
  2. bbrown

WTB Claire Minihan Travisher

I've got all the original tools that Mike Dunbar recommended in his classes back in the 1990's: Travisher, scorp, gutter adze, compass plane, froe, spokeshaves. They are all top quality tools handmade by small makers and blacksmiths, all in great condition...... Have not listed yet but want to...
  3. bbrown

Worksharp 3000

I should add that I do not necessarily agree with Mike Pekovich here. I think he is a hand tool purist which I can appreciate. He certainly did have a strong opinion about the Worksharp!
  4. bbrown

Worksharp 3000

I ran a woodworking school in Maine the last 8 years. Here's what my instructors had to say re. the Worksharp 3000: Mike Pekovich: He thinks it is junk. I did not get much explanation but he said that other methods get a much flatter and sharper edge. Alexander Garbovetsky: Loves it for curved...
  5. bbrown

cherry question

Cherry gets a rich warmth with sunlight. Walnut gets a washed-out dull look. I put my cherry pieces in the sun sometimes to quicken the patina - it's a beautiful look IMO.
  6. bbrown

Scorp Inshave Travisher and Froe

It might take a while Claus. I just moved my shop from Maine to VA and everything is in boxes now. I'll need to dig them out and then figure out prices. They were all made by small independent blacksmiths, so these are not cheap. Just a head up with these caveats.
  7. bbrown

Scorp Inshave Travisher and Froe

I have all these. They are at my place in Camden, Maine. I can get back to you with more info in a few weeks when we are back there, if you can wait that long. Thanks.
  8. bbrown

Sold - Marples Sheffield Blue Chip Chisels

Love these chisels. I have two sets!
  9. bbrown

Is there any use for Nelly Stevens Holly trunk?

Latex paint is fine and cheaper than the products sold for this purpose.
  10. bbrown

Is there any use for Nelly Stevens Holly trunk?

Holly is the whitest of all woods. I use it extensively for period inlay. Ideally the tree should be cut in winter and the ends immediately sealed, as it is very prone to fungi which imparts a bluish tinge to the wood.
  11. bbrown

Triad Saw and Knife - Asheboro

Don't know about them, but I see (look to the right) that Union Saw & Knife is a sponsor. They are not too far from Asheboro.
  12. bbrown

Workbench - $225

I carved all of my Bellamy eagles in this vise......https://www.lineandberry.com/bellamy-eagles It is not pretty but is very solid. I put sandbags in two of the compartments and the bench will not budge. The top is solid 2" wood. Built in drawers. There are wheels on the back so the bench...
  13. bbrown

Workbench - $225

Price lowered to $200 OBO
  14. bbrown

Shop dust filtration unit - $100 OBO

I also have a workbench for sale on this site: Price lowered to $200
  15. bbrown

Price lowered to $75
  16. bbrown

Oh goodness, I forgot to add the price! Asking $100 Thanks, - Bill
  17. bbrown

Home made unit. Works well. Accommodates 3 filters. Bill 434-907-5427 Email: dei.gratia123@gmail.com
  18. bbrown

Workbench - $225

Heavy workbench. Price lowered to $225 OBO. Oct. 19----> Lowered again: now $200 Vise included. 6 1/2 feet long; 32" wide 2 inch thick solid heavy top. Tons of storage with sliding drawers within drawers; wheels on back for moving; All solid hand-made, mortise and tenon construction...
  19. bbrown

Workbench

Asking $325 Dimensions: 6'8" long x 32" wide x 3 feet tall. I carved all of my Bellamy eagles on this bench. It's heavy and super solid. I added removable sandbags that make it essentially unmovable. Nice drawers with sliding partitions and lots of storage space. Vise not included. It's an...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS