Search results

1. steviegwood

Painted Shop Floor To Slick!!!

I am getting ready to paint some of my new shop and wanted to know what is the best way to do the floor without having it be slick. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. steviegwood

Starter sawmill ????

I need some info from experts so I came here to get it. I have access to plenty of wood in log form but no way to get it dimensioned into lumber. What would be the cheapest sawmill to start with? I am thinking an Alaskan sawmill but not knowing about them is why I am asking. I do already have a...
  3. steviegwood

Looking to trade into a saw mill!!

Would anyone know where I might be able to trade a bass boat , possible gun or three, some odds-ends building materials on a portable band mill? I have been rebuilding my shop since the fire last year and do not have cash to buy a mill straight out and was hoping maybe to do some bartering of...
  4. steviegwood

How To ? Built in Fire Proof Gun Storage.

Would anyone have any ideas on how to make a built in gun storage unit that is fire proof? Any help would be appreciated.
  5. steviegwood

New Shop Finally Under Roof!!!

As most of you know, I lost my shop to a fire back in January. I have finally gotten a new structure under roof. It has been a long slow process and still a long way to go to get the inside done. Having to rebuild it with the help from family and friends and pinching pennies. I have been...
  6. steviegwood

Does anyone here make any hardwood flooring.

I would like to install some hardwood floors in a couple of rooms and was wondering if anyone here makes any flooring? I prefer to have redoak and it can be varied widths. I would want a good milling and fit as I really don't want to have to rent a large sander and sand it all that way. Some...
  7. steviegwood

Can you put a Byrd Shelix cutterhead on an older Craftsman Planer?

Hi Folks, I have a 12 1/2" and a 13" Craftsman thickness planers and was wondering if you can get the Shelix head for them? Are they worth putting on if so? Should I just wait until I can afford another brand with it already on? Thanks. Steve
  8. steviegwood

Where to find Mini Tenon Cutters?

Hi Folks, I am looking for a set of mini tenon cutters under 1"dia. Veritas is the only one that I have found so far and they are singles. I was wondering if there might be a set somewhere? Singles might be what I have to end up getting but really want to know what all is available. Thanks for...
  9. steviegwood

??? Quick Hone Planer Blade sharpener???

Hi Folk's, I have the Quick Hone sharpener for planer blades and they suggest a 12" x 12" x 1" piece of granite or glass to attach your sandpaper to to use the hone. Question is, where can one find granite or glass with these dimensions? Thanks. Steve
  10. steviegwood

Where can I find a good supplier of wire size drill bits in bulk?

Hi Folks, me again. As my subject title says. Where can I find a good supplier of wire size drill bits in bulk? I am looking to buy some wire size drill bits in bulk. I am in desperate need of #55 bits. I mainly use solid woods for my scroll work and they twist off regularly in maple and...
  11. steviegwood

Where can I find 3/4" pipe clamps w/slip clutch on both ends?

Hi Folks, I have been looking but can not find anyone that makes these anymore. I am looking for 3/4" pipe clamps with the slip clutch on both pieces so that you can slide both ends anywhere on the pipe. The ones that I have are made by PowerPress and are black and yellow in color. I have seen...
  12. steviegwood

My Homemade Laminating Press

Hi Y'all, I designed this press to face glue some 1/8" plywood panels together to make my own ply into thicknesses of what ever I may need in 1/8" increments. My nephew welded it all together for me at no charge. The press plates are 1/4" steel 18"x24" The frame is 1&1/4" square galvanized...
  13. steviegwood

Wonderful Birthday This Year!!!

Hi Y'all, I have to brag a bit about my birthday presents this year. My wonderful wife bought me the Kreg K4 Master system and a 675pc screw assortment. My mother got me a Nu-Wave oven. So I made out really well. I can't get the photos to post. Steve
  14. steviegwood

How to make a bandsaw fence?

Hi Folks, how would you make a fence for a 14" bandsaw. I believe that it is a HF saw but it is second hand and did not have a fence with it. I know that I could just do a bracket type "L" and make sure it is square to the table and blade but was wanting your input of how you all would go about...
  15. steviegwood

Where else can I find Craftsman replacement Planer Knives?

Hi Folks, I was just looking at Sears for replacement planer knives for my 13" thickness planer that I bought back in 2001. I bought one set for $53 and they are not over $80 and suggesting that it is only one blade on the Sears site and I have to have two. It looks like it may be cheaper to buy...
  16. steviegwood

Where To find draw knife reasonable price?

Hi Folks, I am in need of a draw knife for a couple of projects that I have coming up. I have been looking at new but they are a bit pricey for what I know will not get a lot of use. Anyone know where I might find one at a reasonable price? Thanks. Steve
  17. steviegwood

? Before Getting Started on Gun Cabinet

Hi Folks, I am thinking that some pocket hole joinery would be the way to join a lot of the gun cabinet that I need to get started. Not having any experience with the pocket hole joinery systems I could use some advice. Would it be a good idea to use pocket hole joints in the making of an...
  18. steviegwood

Finally The Wife & I Done. Portrait That Is.

Hi Folks, I finally got the portrait of the wife & I cut. Comments welcomed, Good or Bad. Steve [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  19. steviegwood

Does anyone have any gun cabinet plans that they will share?

Hi Folks, I was having withdraws while the site was under re-construction. Would any of you have any plans for gun cabinets. I was contacted by a fella who has seen my scrolling and he wants me to build him a 12 gun cabinet with some scrolled scenes incorporated into the build. It will be out...
  20. steviegwood

Best place & price for 131& 1/2" bandsaw blades

Hi Folks, I am in need of some good bandsaw blades. I need 131&1/2" x 1" re-saw blades and some smaller blades. What do you all recommend and why? I am on a limited budget but am completely out of re-saw blades and out of 1/8" blades. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS