Search results

1. steviegwood

Starter sawmill ????

Any thoughts on the BS mill from Harbor Freight? Any info would be greatly appreciated. They show a 280cc and a 301cc motor for the same price $1999. Also any info about their blades or should a person get better blades elsewhere? Thanks
  2. steviegwood

Painted Shop Floor To Slick!!!

I want to brighten the shop and make it easier to clean for the most part. I have already slipped on sawdust on the osb which has a slick side to it already and well busted my bum. The littlest bit of sawdust on it as is makes it as slick as ice.
  3. steviegwood

BTW, the floor is plywood and being 24' x 80' I will have to stay with the idea of painting. I am running out of funds very quickly on this rebuild but hope to be able to finish soon. I would offer to sell some body parts so I could finish this project the right way but I have damaged all of my...
  4. steviegwood

I am getting ready to paint some of my new shop and wanted to know what is the best way to do the floor without having it be slick. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  5. steviegwood

Starter sawmill ????

I need some info from experts so I came here to get it. I have access to plenty of wood in log form but no way to get it dimensioned into lumber. What would be the cheapest sawmill to start with? I am thinking an Alaskan sawmill but not knowing about them is why I am asking. I do already have a...
  6. steviegwood

Looking to trade into a saw mill!!

Would anyone know where I might be able to trade a bass boat , possible gun or three, some odds-ends building materials on a portable band mill? I have been rebuilding my shop since the fire last year and do not have cash to buy a mill straight out and was hoping maybe to do some bartering of...
  7. steviegwood

How To ? Built in Fire Proof Gun Storage.

Would anyone have any ideas on how to make a built in gun storage unit that is fire proof? Any help would be appreciated.
  8. steviegwood

New Shop Finally Under Roof!!!

Now, if you bring that sawmill up here for awhile. I am quite sure that we could find some logs to mill.
  9. steviegwood

I already had the oil furnace that I took out of my home when I up graded to central air. The outdoor furnaces are not in the budget and I already have to buy oil for the home anyway. As for who made the building, it was a combination of myself and friends and family this time. I was able to...
  10. steviegwood

The only bad part of re-building the shop is that the insurance company will not allow me to put a wood burner back in the shop and I am having to change over to oil. I would however be allowed to put the same wood burning stove in my house!!! I would love to be able to tell the insurance co. to...
  11. steviegwood

As most of you know, I lost my shop to a fire back in January. I have finally gotten a new structure under roof. It has been a long slow process and still a long way to go to get the inside done. Having to rebuild it with the help from family and friends and pinching pennies. I have been...
  12. steviegwood

Dove on the moon

Great job on the cutting Cathy. Those are the kind that shorten your teeth from gritting them while cutting. You did it good girl. Steve
  13. steviegwood

Two 20# Propance CylindersFfilled $25

That is an excellent price. It cost close to $20 around here for a 20# fill up. I have a 40# cylinder that has been kept inside since the day of purchase, still looks brand new, been filled a total of three times and now they will not fill it due to its age. They say I would need a new fill...
  14. steviegwood

Does anyone here make any hardwood flooring.

I would like to install some hardwood floors in a couple of rooms and was wondering if anyone here makes any flooring? I prefer to have redoak and it can be varied widths. I would want a good milling and fit as I really don't want to have to rent a large sander and sand it all that way. Some...
  15. steviegwood

The Things Little Boys can get Into

You need to make some custom frames for those precious memories. It won't be to many years and he will be wanting to be with a couple pretty girls like that again. hehe Gotta love it. Steve
  16. steviegwood

Can you put a Byrd Shelix cutterhead on an older Craftsman Planer?

Re: Can you puy a Byrd Shelix cutterhead on an older Craftsman Planer? I kind of figured that it would not be worth the investment. Well grizzly here I come (later this year,hopefully). I think that I will invest in one that is already set up with that cutterhead. Thanks. Steve
  17. steviegwood

Can you put a Byrd Shelix cutterhead on an older Craftsman Planer?

Hi Folks, I have a 12 1/2" and a 13" Craftsman thickness planers and was wondering if you can get the Shelix head for them? Are they worth putting on if so? Should I just wait until I can afford another brand with it already on? Thanks. Steve
  18. steviegwood

Newest portrait

Most Excellent work Bro. Sorry to hear about the families loss. They could pass for brother and sister instead of mother and son. Great Job Brother. Steve
  19. steviegwood

Where to find Mini Tenon Cutters?

Hi Folks, I am looking for a set of mini tenon cutters under 1"dia. Veritas is the only one that I have found so far and they are singles. I was wondering if there might be a set somewhere? Singles might be what I have to end up getting but really want to know what all is available. Thanks for...
  20. steviegwood

Walking canes for veterans

Bass Pro Shops, Gander Mountain and Cabela's has them out of Aromatic Eastern Red Cedar and Hickory. Cedar should be an easy wood to carve if it isn't to dry and brittle. Not being a carver this is just speculation. Steve

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS