Search results

1. gesiak

Tool Gloat - A-Line-It

I won the big raffle prize at tonight’s Fox Valley Woodworker’s Club meet. Scored an A-LINE-IT DELUXE Machinery/Tool Alignment System w/ 22 Interchangeable Tips, 11 inch Long Anodized Aluminum Bar, Anodized Aluminum Smart Bar, Dial Indicator, Precision Steel Pin and Arbor Run-Out Kit. On a...
  2. gesiak

Cherry Pepper Mill

Just finished the pepper mill I started a while back. I used cherry and a pepper mill kit from Woodcraft. The mill hardware has a black finish to designate it contains pepper. I will turn a duplicate and use chrome for a salt mill. I turned it using Easy Woods mini finisher and mini rougher...
  3. gesiak

Is this cherry?

I purchased a piece of “cherry” from Woodcraft, several months ago. It is clearly labeled as cherry. Today I turned a piece of it for a pepper mill, after turning it is a lot paler, and looks like maple. What do you think cherry or maple.
  4. gesiak

Latest Turnings

I made these items to be awarded to folks at our 50th HS reunion. 2 - Euro style pens, a bottle opener, an ice cream scoop and 2 - Classic American pens. Pens are blue acrylic with gold hardware, bottle opener is cherry with an oak stripe and the scoop is cherry with a maple stripe. First...
  5. gesiak

Latest Pens - First time using Penn State's Classic American Rollerball Kit.

Latest pens that I turned. I used to use the Woodcraft Classic American Fountain/Rollerball kits. However, they stopped carrying them about a years ago. I tried the Classic American Rollerball kit from Penn State. I like the design of the Penn State kit much better. Bethlehem Olive wood...
  6. gesiak

Tool Gloat! Delta JT-360 6" Jointer (needs some TLC)

Yesterday I picked up a Delta JT-360 6" jointer at a great price....... Free for the taking...... I runs but the in feed/out feed tables have rust. Will need some work to clean up the rust. Out feed table looks to have some pitting but may clean up fine. Time will tell...
  7. gesiak

Record #43 Plough Plane

Being going back and forth for a long time trying to decide on which plough plane to buy. STANLEY #45 or Record #43. We finely decided on the #43. Arrived to day. Think it’s going to do just fine.
  8. gesiak

404 Not Found error using link posted to chat in the new chat software

Using the new chat software and posted a link to a post in the Turning forum of the site. When I click on the link got the following message. 404 Not FoundThe server can not find the requested page: www.ncwoodworker.net/...6 (port 80) Please forward this error screen to...
  9. gesiak

Small turning for a friend

Last week I finally got some time in the shop and turned a hand held flag standard for a friend of mine who judges men's gymnastics. Rich and I met over 25 years ago, when I started judging. Rich has had some recent health issues which restrict his ability to acknowledge the gymnast before and...
  10. gesiak

Tool gloat - Grizzly G8027 Dust Collector

My son text me last week about a post he saw on a Facebook Garage Sale group for the area he lives. It was for a Grizzly G8027 dust collector. Very little use and only $50. I told him if it works to get it. He dropped it off the other day and I finally had time to check it out today. " I...
  11. gesiak

New Used Tool Gloat! Tormek SuperGrind 2000 Sharpening System

Yesterday I picked up a used Tormek 2000 at a very decent price. A relative called me to say he was going to part with the unit since he hadn't used it in several years and would sell it to me at a good price. We agreed on $120.00. His asking price was way below the going price for one of...
  12. gesiak

NCWW Chat Service is not available

Trying to connect to the Chat service and getting "service not available. trying again in a few minutes"
  13. gesiak

Lathe dust collection.

I picked up a lathe dust collection hood in a silent auction at a woodworking club meeting a couple of years ago. It sat in a corner until earlier this week. My wife had asked me to make several pens and after getting acrylic shavings all over the floor and myself. I decided I would try using...
  14. gesiak

Bandsaw Resaw Jig

Several weeks back I needed to resaw some mahogany. First attempts on my Ridgid 14" bandsaw were dismal to say the least. Well, thanks to some help from Mike Davis, KenofCary and a few others I have it performing to an acceptable level. So to aid in consistant resaw cuts I made a jig to help...
  15. gesiak

Pens for Wedding Shower gift and table prizes for Son and future DIL's wedding shower

I have been turning matching pens as gifts for wedding gifts. These are for my son and future DIL whose wedding shower is tomorrow. Since my wife is hosting the shower, she wanted me to make 8 pens as table gifts. All pens are made from acrylic. My son's pen is a Cigar pen and the rest...
  16. gesiak

Having Issues uploading photos

I have been trying to upload a couple of pictures to my gallery. Looks like they are processed successfully, but they are not shown when I look at my photos. I did receive a "server IO error' message on a couple of the attempts. Anyone else reporting or experiencing problems.
  17. gesiak

Need some advice on BS drive belt replacement

I need to resaw some mahogany. So I decided to put on my 3/4" 3TPI blade on my Ridgid BS14000. Well the first test slicing a 2x6 failed miserably. Not only was there a 1/8th inch difference from the top of the cut to the bottom but the motor bogged down with in the 1st inch in. So with some...
  18. gesiak

1st week of semi-retirement has been productive.

Got some time to work in the shop since Friday was my last day on the contract job I was working. Turned a classic American pen using a blank I made myself. Started a knife kit and turned this cherry bowl. It is the third bowl I have finished, there were a couple of failed attempts. Finish is...
  19. gesiak

Latest Pen using self cast bank

I turned a Classic American Fountain pen using one of the acrylic and mallee burl blank I cast a few months ago. Hardware is gold. I think it looks pretty good. Unfortunately, I don't think I mixed the colorant as well as I should have. As I go further into the blank the color fade from a...
  20. gesiak

3rd attempt at hand cut dovetails

So in between smoking a pork shoulder on Friday and brisket yesterday I got over to a friend's yesterday to drop off some planes that need to be restored. He is going to present the process he uses, including electrelis (sp). at out next meeting. While there we went over cutting dovetails. Been...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS