Search results

1. Matt Schnurbusch

Ridgid Jointer @ Capital Blvd. $107

Title pretty much sums it up... I was in the Capital Blvd. store today for some materials, and walked through the tool aisle like I always do. They have one NIB jointer left on clearance for $107. GO GET IT!!!
  2. Matt Schnurbusch

PE offer: Raleigh to Charlotte (Matthews Arboretum) & back

Leaving bright and early Saturday morning, returning Saturday evening. Space available would be the trunk of a Dodge Intrepid, so, nothing really big can be carried. I can make arrangements to pick up tomorrow, Friday 03-26-10. Let me know if I can help. Frequent trips to follow.
  3. Matt Schnurbusch

PE offer: Raleigh to Charlotte & back

Kind of short notice, but I am going to Charlotte tomorrow (2-26) afternoon, hopefully leaving around 2-3PM. I'll be returning to Raleigh Sunday morning. If I can help let me know. This trip will happen about 3 or four weeks for the next 9 months or so. I have a Ford e250 van so if need...
  4. Matt Schnurbusch

Jet Spindle Sander $550

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/1605959745.html SPINDLE SANDER JET - $550 (CARY APEX) Date: 2010-02-17, 10:25PM EST Reply to: see below JET SPINDLE HEAVY DUTY, INCLUDES LARGE BOX OF SPINDLE SAND PAPER ,ALSO A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT DIAMETER OF SPINDLE 919 924 3158 Location...
  5. Matt Schnurbusch

Segmented Bowl Repair

A friend of mine contacted me about how to repair a black walnut segmented bowl. View image in gallery View image in gallery I have some ideas, but thought I'd ask around here to see if I'm in the ballpark. My Thought: Cut the bowl to complete the separation, sand the glue joint to...
  6. Matt Schnurbusch

Ceiling and walls on the cheap.

I saw a post on CL yesterday for 5/16" MDF 82"x97" for 3 bucks a sheet. I have no idea how I would transport it yet, but can I get away with hanging this from trusses for my ceiling? I'm concerned about the weight of MDF as compared to OSB or drywall. I'm trying to put together the interior...
  7. Matt Schnurbusch

Water Filter

We have been using a water cooler and bottled water for about 5 years. My water cooler has sprung a leak, so I either need to replace it or get a good filtration system. My wife and I drink a lot of water, and we are both a bit finicky about it's flavor. Garner water, in fact most city water...
  8. Matt Schnurbusch

6.5 amp Bosch power planer $75

Last night while I was waiting for my jointer to get pulled from the overhead, I noticed that Home Depot also had the 6.5amp Bosch power planer (I think it was model 1594K) for $75. Normally $159. I have it's little brother and it does a great job.
  9. Matt Schnurbusch

$199 Ridgid Jointer unofficial GLOAT

Just came home from HD and my wife is unhappy with me :eusa_naug :argue: :slap: On the other hand I am the proud owner of a nice new 6" Ridgid jointer:eusa_danc:eusa_danc. Hopefully she doesn't stay mad too long this time Pics to follow!
  10. Matt Schnurbusch

HF 2HP DC question

I recently posted about the Wood magazine coupon for the subject DC at Harbor freight. I bought one, and have it assembled. Does this DC have enough umph to run it up to the ceiling (8' height) for vertical drops to my machines? I am running 4" PVC S&D to everything. I have a Thien...
  11. Matt Schnurbusch

HF 2HP DC $139.99 coupon in Wood Mag

http://woodmagazine.coverleaf.com/woodmagazine/201003?pg=29#pg29 Gonna go buy mag today, and then the DC.
  12. Matt Schnurbusch

Teaching in the shop.

AND a stealth gloat! My 3rd grade son is starting to learn about angles and division in school. He went out to the shop with me today, and received a continuation on those lessons. I think he ACTUALLY enjoyed it! I showed him how two 45's make a 90 both mathematically and in the real world...
  13. Matt Schnurbusch

Bostitch BT200K-2 Recon $26.99

http://www.tooliday.com/ If I saw that a week ago I would not have bought the newer model.
  14. Matt Schnurbusch

1/2" bow in wall

I am nearing the end of a laundry room makeover for my SIL, and right at the last of it I ran into an issue. She wants white counter tops installed for the folding area. I measured the length and had them fabricated. What I failed to take into account was the drastic bow in the long wall. So...
  15. Matt Schnurbusch

Which brad nailer

I am buying a brad nailer in the morning for a trim job, and thought I'd see if I could get some quick input here. My choices: Bostitch BT1855K: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5/R-100666146/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 Ridgid R213BNA...
  16. Matt Schnurbusch

Jet Model DC-1100 $150 Raleigh CL

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/1524917589.html It should go fast at the price. If I hadn't just bought a heater, it would be making an appearance in my shop.
  17. Matt Schnurbusch

Delta 10" Tilting Arbor Saw - $500 (Rocky Mount, NC)

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/1525128041.html All the usual disclaimers... Wish it could be mine. That seems like a pretty darned good price.
  18. Matt Schnurbusch

A 65k-100k BTU gloat

I met a guy this morning to buy a heater off from CL. We talked for a little bit, and I asked him about his shop and what he did in it. He said he was setting it up for woodworking, so naturally I mentioned NCWW. Turns out the guy is one of our newer members, pbaileyjr. Paul is a nice guy in...
  19. Matt Schnurbusch

UPDATED ** Cutting boards weeping

I made cutting boards for a few members of my family this year for Christmas. I read a lot about finishing them and decided to go with the simple mineral oil approach. However, me being me... I decided to amp it up a little. Most everything I read stated to heat the oil to allow better...
  20. Matt Schnurbusch

Gifts I made this year

I have pictures of most of them. Mom wanted a single person garden bench so she got this & a maple cutting board (question on my cutting boards in another thread)... View image in gallery View image in gallery It is reclaimed red cedar with teak oil finish. No one else told me what they...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS