Search results

1. jack briggs

band saw blades rewelded

Anyone know of a shop that makes or repairs bandsaw blades (other than Raleigh Saw)?? Raleigh Saw did the worst job on them the last time I had them in, so they're out. Any others out there?? Thanks in advance. Cheers,
  2. jack briggs

Calendars & Prize delivery

I got mine yesterday. Along with the padded envelope with the calendars was a small envelope. Upon opening I was greeted with a check for $100 with the memo "2009 Calendar Award". I had no idea! The calendars look great. The award is a nice kicker. Thanks again, Steve!! Cheers,
  3. jack briggs

Help!! Calendar shipping

Please mail mine. Thanks
  4. jack briggs

wood dyes and glue

TransTint liquid metal acid dyes are soluble in either water or alcohol. I don't think it would matter which medium was used when glueup is an objective. Raised grain would actually help a glue bond.
  5. jack briggs

Do you really use 12" resaw?

I have a 20 yr. old 14" BS that I've customized with 10" of phenolic riser block. This allows a 16" resaw capability, which I use fairly often. A carbide-tipped 1/2" blade helps in resawing, too.
  6. jack briggs

Happy Birthday jack briggs

I want to thank all of you for your well wishes! I must say, the old adage that "it's just a number" usually applies. But after 3.5 hrs. yesterday on the pedestal buffer buffing a guitar, I feel older than 50 today! :confused_ Cheers,
  7. jack briggs

shaper cutters

Raleigh Saw does sharpen router bits; seems only natural that they'd do shaper cutters as well.
  8. jack briggs

Wood Chart

This is one of the biggest online sites I've seen: http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/indextotal.htm
  9. jack briggs

Highland Woodworking

I've done business with Highland for several years with no problems. Just received an order yesterday, and again - no issues.
  10. jack briggs

Anyone used a pantograph style carving duplicator?

I use a Terrco Marlin 624 for roughing out guitar tops. It does have its idiosyncrasies, but saves me about 10 hours per instrument. Cheers,
  11. Apollo Artist Guitar

Apollo Artist Guitar

Honduras mahogany back (from 1931); Fiddleback Bigleaf maple neck; Ziricote neck heelplate and control cavity cover plate.
  12. Saturn Deluxe Guitar

Saturn Deluxe Guitar

Back and neck of Ancient Kauri - certified over 50,000 years old (back) and 35,000 years old (neck). Cover plate and neck heelplate of African Blackwood.
  13. Saturn Deluxe Guitar

Saturn Deluxe Guitar

African Blackwood headplate, truss rod cover plate, hand carved tuner buttons and string nut - with bone inserts.
  14. Saturn Deluxe Guitar

Saturn Deluxe Guitar

Flamed Redwood top; African Blackwood pickup tops, control knobs, switch tip and washer; African Blackwood fretboard with Bronze Mother-Of-Pearl inlays. Tortoise shell celluloid binding on headstock, fretboard and body.
  15. Saturn Deluxe Guitar

Saturn Deluxe Guitar

Knobs switch tip and washer turned of African Blackwood.
  16. Apollo Artist Guitar

Apollo Artist Guitar

All air-dried woods used in production of this instrument: Spalted sycamore top; Honduras mahogany back; Fiddleback Bigleaf maple neck; Ziricote fingerboard, headplates, neck heelplate, tuner buttons, pickup rings, pickguard, control cavity cover plate and tailpiece additions. Fiddleback Koa...
  17. jack briggs

2009 Calendar Contest is now open for entries

Ahhh........found it!
  18. jack briggs

2009 Calendar Contest is now open for entries

I don't see in the announcement where one is supposed to send their entries. Can someone answer this? Cheers,
  19. jack briggs

Pictures from harpsichord land

Thanks, Ernie. BTW - you don't also do resoration work on pipe organs, do you? Reason I ask is I'd met a fellow about 10 yrs. ago that did just that and it seemed to me that he said he was located in Beaufort. Keep up the great work! Cheers,
  20. jack briggs

inlay question

While I haven't inlaid into something like furniture, I do inlay shell into guitar fingerboards. It looks to me like you're doing just fine. Just take your time. If I were doing that inlay into solid wood I'd use my Dremel with router base and a downcut inlay end mill, say 1/8" diameter. This...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS