Search results

1. James Davis

Can't read posts on Blackberry

When I try to read a post on my blackberry the strip of ads on the left of the screen covers the message and I can't read it. This just started last week. Thank you, James Davis
  2. James Davis

Raleigh Flea Market 11/21/2010

I will have a few tools at the Raleigh Flea market on Sunday 11/21. I have a good selection of Planes and some really nice tool boxes for sale. I will be in space 484 in the Antique section. If you are out enjoying the nice weather come on by and say hello and take home some of my extra stuff...
  3. James Davis

Electric Motor Problem?

I have a Dayton 1 1/2 hp motor on a compressor. It will start up fine while there is no air pressure in the tank, but when the tank starts to get full sometimes it will trip the breaker before it gets full or most of the time it will pump it all the way up and then trip when it tries to start up...
  4. James Davis

Valentines Day Gifts

Just getting around to posting pics of the projects that were the gifts for the two LOMLs here. My daughter is a purple fanatic so she gets a purple pen The pen is made from some curly maple that I had lying around and it is dyed with a water soluble dye. And for Christmas I made my wife...
  5. James Davis

The Rust Store

I found this on another site and thought I would pass it along. http://www.theruststore.com/Rust-Removers-C1.aspx They specialize in dealing with rust. I know about everytime I go in the shop I end up messing with something and dealing with the rust that is on it. There are products for sale...
  6. James Davis

Bethania

Didn't anybody go to Bethania today? Thngs came up at the last minute and I missed it, and I would like to hear how it was. James
  7. James Davis

Old Time Woodworking

I saw this on SMC and thought there were some folks here that might get a kick out of it. I didn't understand the captions but the work spoke for itself...
  8. James Davis

Box WIP...UPDATE

My daughter is getting married in September and asked if I would build her a box for the guests to place cards in at the reception. I wanted to make it out of something special so I looked around the shop and found a piece of walnut that my daddy had always said he wanted to make something out...
  9. James Davis

Hand Tool Gloat

I was driving home from work this past Friday afternoon and getting my mind right to go to The Woodwright's School on Saturday when I decided to stop by a yard sale just down the road from my house. I saw a trailer sitting down at the end of the line with a bunch of old tools on it. Now when I...
  10. James Davis

My smack on the back of the hand

I am a very amature woodworker. I live in Roxboro and for the most part drive to Raleigh every day to work. I am a commercial construction superintendent. I have been making some improvements to my shop lately (Gloat to follow soon) and am getting excited to get it done and start making sawdust...
  11. James Davis

Delta Left Tilt Contractors Saw

I was in Lowes today and saw they had marked their Contractors Saw down to $399.00. I don't know how they price their stuff or how they determine what to "Clearance" out. This is a good price on this saw if you need a contractor style saw. They had also marked the T-2 fence systen down to...
  12. James Davis

Photo Booth

I saw this and thought there may be some folks on here that would appreciate it. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=65797 Looks like something the turners and small project makers could use. James
  13. James Davis

Sawduster made this a good Christmas

I contacted Sawduster a while back to see if it was possible to get him to scroll a picture of my wife's baby as a Christmas present for her. I sent him a copy of this picture. And a few weeks later he returned this to me. When my wife opened this present up on Christmas morning her...
  14. James Davis

Clamps at Big Lots

I just left the Big Lots at the intersection of 55 and 54 on the south side of Durham with six of the clamps pictured below. I bought some when Lowes was clearancing them out a few years ago for $13.00 and some change and have enjoyed them a lot and at $8.00 each I had to grab more. When I left...
  15. James Davis

Chunk of Wood on CL

I saw this and thought I would pass it along. Some of the guys down east might could find a use for it. It is not mine nor do I know whose it is but it is a chunk of wood. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/hsh/816606523.html James Davis
  16. James Davis

Pen #6

This is a first for me. I have never posted a picture of any of the projects that I have done before. It is usually because whomever I am doing the project for is so impatient by the time I finish I don't have time to take a picture. The walnut came from a tree that was taken down in the early...
  17. James Davis

Hand Planes on Craigs List

I just saw these and thought there might be someone on here that would like to see this. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/793725306.html James Davis :tool:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS