Search results

1. Outa Square

Southeast Tool $1 1/4" double fluted straight router bit

Check this out... Carbide Processors is selling 1/4" shank 1/4" cutting diameter carbide tip router bits made by Southeast Tool for $1 w/ free shipping. Limit 1 per customer. There are only 50 total available at this price. Here is the link for the deal...
  2. Outa Square

2009 Lake Norman Area Shop Crawl

I just spotted the beginning of a critical mass for a shop crawl in the Lake Norman Area. Robb Parker and TheSource stated that they would be open to hosting a crawl site. Unfortunately I don't have a shop to show as of yet so i can't host a stop but I am willing to post a thread stating the...
  3. Outa Square

File sharpening

After i purchased some files this weekend to sharpen my saws, I realized that my late grandfather had good amount of triangle files that he used to sharpen saws for himself and his customers. I assume that the files are worn beyond being effective at sharpening. I know the cost of new files are...
  4. Outa Square

Stanley 45 Combination Plane - Assistance

I just purchased a Stanley 45 off ebay. My intent was to use this as parts or at least i would have some cutters. But in looking at the pictures as i have not received it yet, it appears to be complete. I would like to clean it up and use it. There appears to be some rust; well lots of rust...
  5. Outa Square

Bandsaw only shop - no tablesaw

I haven't been working on building my shop slowly since last November. I now have a floor and two walls waiting to be set in place. The deal i made with my wife and myself is that the money that i have left over from my alloted budget i can spend on tools; needless to say that i am doing good...
  6. Outa Square

CL - Porter-Cable 16" Omnijig

I saw this on Charlotte's craigslist and it's not mine or anyone i know and the usual stuff but i thought i would share as it look as it could be a good deal... New in box never used Porter Cable Omnijig 16" dovetail jig $195.00 or OBO w/ half blind dovetail templete
  7. Outa Square

Hickory CL - RBI hawk scroll saw 20"

It's not mine or anybody that I know, and to be honest, other than knowing that hawk is a higher end scroll saw, i don't know much about scroll saws but i figured someone here would be interested. RBI hawk scroll saw 20" - $475 (Morganton) Reply to: sale-1056272668@craigslist.org [Errors...
  8. Outa Square

Tap and dies for wood

I am looking for a set of taps and dies for wood. I am wanting to make some wooden clamps, gadgets, and toys. I've never used any taps and dies for wood before, but i have used them for metal. I think because of that i am concerned about getting a set that is easy to use and easy to make...
  9. Outa Square

Dewalt Finish Nailer Gloat

I just came back from the blue BORG to get some stuff to hang some blinds for the loml. Of course with every project at my old house it is more involved than it should be. This was no different so i am in the midst of replacing some trim, caulking and painting. well long story short is that...
  10. Outa Square

Bandsaw tires

I was putting a new tire on my bandsaw. While purchasing them from the Woodworking Shop, the guy at the register said that replacing them was a chore. So when i got to my saw, i knew it would be a challenge, but i tried to stretch it over the wheel anyways. I gave up pretty quickly and took...
  11. Outa Square

red bud

some times things get in the way of progress... in this case it was a red bud tree that had been here for a while and had a lot of dead limbs it had been here 35 + years. It is/was about 2 foot from where i plan on building my shop so i cut it down Sunday evening... it was alot more solid when i...
  12. Outa Square

Either New Shop or Great Wife Gloat

After working in the driveway and the front porch; storing tools in the mud room; and wood where ever i can: the loml told me i should take some of the money that we have saved and build me a shop. She willing for me to spend more money then i am willing to let me spend. Thus far i have...
  13. Outa Square

Sawmills: circular vs bandsaw

Currently, i have a supply of cedar and popular that i am working through and i haven't a need for more lumber, although i want some but for now the need side of me is suppressing the wants; however after reading the post in the thread about milling out a tree, I was wondering what is the...
  14. Outa Square

Planer or Jointer First?

The LOML gave me the green light on purchasing the next tool on my list which is a tie for a lot of them. I usually priortize my equipment purchases based on upcoming projects. I don't have a dedicated shop and because of that most of my stuff is stored in my mud room and carried out to the...
  15. Outa Square

Greetings from the near-west

Hello all. I am new here and here is my introduction. I have been woodworking practically all my life, and slowly my skills are improving and i am becoming more confident. My projects have ranged from "cars" and "trucks" built out of rescued scraps from my grandfather's to-burn pile and...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS