Search results

1. BigJohn

Get out your drool bibs lol

If you guys go see him, better call first. He said he travels a lot. The lumber he has is amazing. Stacks and stacks of flat, skip planed wood. Curly cherry was pretty too.
  2. BigJohn

Get out your drool bibs lol

Got some cherry today from GPS Hardwoods in Kernersville. This is the best looking stuff I have ever seen. Cannot wait to use it. Just thought I would share.
  3. BigJohn

Anyone near Weaverville, NC willing to cut two pieces of plywood for me?

Hello. I have a tiny hand tool only shop and am making a chest of drawers. I need two pieces of oak plywood (17 1/4" x 41 3/4") I had the local Borg cut some one time and he cut on the wrong side of the line one time and didn't have the board laying square another time. Please let me know...
  4. BigJohn

Anyone near Asheville that can hollow grind my chisels?

Anyone near Asheville with a tormek or other good grinding setup? My shop is too small for a grinder and I need some chisels and plane blades hollow ground. Please let me know the price as well. Thanks.
  5. BigJohn

Selling my shop due to heath and finance reasons and need advice

Really hate to hear that too. I hope you don't stop all woodworking right away. I am in a power chair most of the time now and have sold all but a basic set of hand tools. Still get in the shop at least once a day. Good luck to you sir. Also I agree with FrankC. That is a good idea.
  6. BigJohn

Sturnella Toolworks Infill Smoother Build

Awesome to know these are available. Thanks for the info and the video. Was the mouth machined to 45 degrees or did you have to file it? Thanks.
  7. BigJohn

Free woodworking magazines

Not yet. Two wanted them but cannot pick them up. They are yours if you want them. Thanks. John.
  8. BigJohn

Sorry about that. It was for you I forgot to use the reply with quote. Right now there are 3 boxes full. I will try to put a pic here tomorrow.
  9. BigJohn

OK. Let me know when you can come and get them. I work at home so I am here most of the time.
  10. BigJohn

Hello. I have a huge pile of fine woodworking, american woodworker, and other magazines free for anyone who can pick them up. Need to make room for a baby. I live just north of Asheville in Weaverville. Thanks.
  11. BigJohn

Stanley #13-052 plough plane. Is this a good price?

Thanks for all the input. Good point on the user or collectible. I am strictly a user.
  12. BigJohn

I thought the shipping was terrible but never bought anything from Canada before.
  13. BigJohn

Sorry I didn't realize it was that small.
  14. BigJohn

Hello. I recently bought this plough plane for about $30 and the shipping was $42 from Canada. I was wanting your opinions about it as I am unfamiliar with this plane. And about the price. Was it a good buy? Thanks.
  15. BigJohn

Asheville to Statesville offer

Hello. I will be going from Asheville to Statesville around the 25th of this month if anyone needs something taken to Hickory, Mooresville, or somewhere close. Just let me know and I will be glad to help. Have pickup truck. John.
  16. BigJohn

Roubo Bench - Weeks #1 & 2

Love the bench. Hope to start mine soon. Dont know where I am going to build it or put it when finished though. Keep the pics coming! John
  17. BigJohn

Anyone use a spare bedroom for a shop?

Hello. I finally got moved from Statesville to Weaverville (North of Asheville). We sold our house and rented a mobile home until we find another house and miss my shop terribly! Anyone use a spare bedroom or back porch or whatever for their shop? I use hand tools 95% of the time and...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS