Search results

1. J

Bandsaw for sale

Larry, what kind is it?
  2. J

Gorilla glue and African mahogany....

Check out the new Elmer's glue. I'm told that it is good for outdoors and moist conditions, although I've not tried it myself.
  3. J

A little tip with your Glue Bottle

I transferred glue to an empty dishwashing soap bottle with a flip top lid. It has a little projection that fits down into the opening. The glue is now never dried up around the top...
  4. J

Blades for Delta Scrollsaw

Scott, it requires blades with pins. It seems like all the blades I find at the Box Stores and ACE are about 5 1/2" long or so....
  5. J

Blades for Delta Scrollsaw

I recently acquired a Delta scrollsaw and am having difficulty finding blades. Most of the ones I've come across in stores are a good 1/2 inch too LONG. Any advice?
  6. J

Where To find draw knife reasonable price?

I have seen many (and purchased a few) at antique shoppes that have tools for sale. I think that would be your best bet. Usually very reasonably priced and "mature"!!!!
  7. J

WTB: 8/4 Ash

CHeck Carolina Hardwoods in Gibsonville. A great place...
  8. J

Revamping a Middle School Woodshop

I would recommend getting in touch with Doug Stowe. His blog, Wisdom of the Hands, is located at wisdomofhands.blogspot.com. He teaches in a private school in Arkansas and likely has a good deal of information and ideas that you could use.
  9. J

Hardwood source

Joe, under the "Woodworking in NC" link above, there is a list of wood suppliers. Also, just recently on the list there was a thread about this topic, but it seems to have disappeared :( I get nearly all my hardwood from the NC Hardwood Store in Gibsonville, which is about 20 miles east of...
  10. J

Where to buy "real" beadboard for a porch ceiling?

Check North Carolina Hardwood Store in Gibsonville (+/- 20 miles east of Greensboro).
  11. J

pen turning

There are also some very good videos, e.g., the Shop series from Woodcraft. The lathe video is very good, and that's where I learned.
  12. J

Where's your favorite NC exotic wood store?

I shop at the NC Hardwood Store in Gibsonville. They are VERY helpful there and have a great collection of different species. Check their inventory listing online. Not sure what they might have in the area of slabs, but you never know. A few years ago I was looking for cherry for a cabinet...
  13. J

Need advice on fountain pen kits

Generally the kits come with ink cartridges and bottle-fill inserts. I have had great luck with Classic American kits from Woodcraft. Recently also bought one of the high end kits from Craft Supplies (Emperor, I think). It is a beautiful pen. I like it because it is heavy and substantial...
  14. J

Dovetail Jigs??

I was able to get a PC 4212 for cheap when our local Rockler store went out of business...the last one they had. It works very well, although a drawback to it is that you have to basically cut the DTs in a regularly spaced pattern. Recently, I decided that if I was going to really be a...
  15. J

Where to start...

It's a bit of a drive for you, but the NC Hardwood Store in Gibsonville is a great place for wood. They have a huge warehouse of stock and a large collection of "shorts" that can be had for 50 cents less per board foot than the regular stock. Whatever you need, they have. Plus, they are very...
  16. J

Table Saw Splitter

Thanks. That looks great...will order one up pronto!
  17. J

Table Saw Splitter

Would love to see a photo of your splitter...have been wanting to do this myself, but haven't yet figured out how to do it....
  18. J

B&D Drill bet set...

I also got a set of the Woodcraft bits and have been very happy with them.
  19. J

Help Me Pick a Mini or Midi Lathe

I have the JET variable speed mini lathe, and I really like it. I did get it new from Rockler about two years ago before they closed their Greensboro store, and it was on sale for a good price. Have never seen them that inexpensive since, so I would surely keep my eyes open for one on the used...
  20. J

My First Bandsaw

There is a Harbor Freight in Greensboro...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS