Search results

1. Mark Stewart

burl pricing.

thanks for the info
  2. Mark Stewart

burl pricing.

I have a chunk of weeping cherry burl and someone wants to buy it but I dont know how to price it? any guidelines I should follow?
  3. Mark Stewart

Bow making

A few years back during a gathering at Mike Davis place someone who was there was making wooden bows. Trying to remember who that might have been. If anyone remembers please let me know. Thanks
  4. Mark Stewart

Copperhead repellant

reading this makes me wonder. What most folks don't realize is that snakes are communal. They will all den up together. Copperheads Rattlers Black snakes and others. If the ones you found were mainly the same size there was most probably a nesting site somewhere close. If the mother was an...
  5. Mark Stewart

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all of the NCWW
  6. Mark Stewart

New milestone for my wood working.

Today for the first time I used a block plane. I am getting ready to start this violo case, I had my block glued up and was going to a friends to use his jointer to square up the bottom. He was called out of town on business for a few weeks, and I remembered I had picked up a hand plane off the...
  7. Mark Stewart

new clock

Purdy
  8. Mark Stewart

Start of my next project

If you go to my FB page there is a vid of my 223 with a bumpfire. good times. Someday I'd like to try that Thompson.
  9. Mark Stewart

Start of my next project

I'd love to have the pistol but can't justify the $1200.00 for a hand gun. Oddly enough that's less than this one cost me. I'd like to see that case. Sounds sweet.
  10. Mark Stewart

Start of my next project

Its my FNPS 90 bullpup. 5.7x28mm really fun to shoot.
  11. Mark Stewart

Start of my next project

I'm finally getting to start to make a viola case. No don't play, going to use it for a gun case. My plan is to go to see Sawman101 and stack cut some spruce to make my curved sections, then join them with some more spruce. For the top and bottom I have some things plywood. I hope to cover it...
  12. Mark Stewart

Project question

well this is what I ended up with. Not the greatest but not the worst either. I had a good time making this. Thanks for all the responses. Have a great weekend.
  13. Mark Stewart

Project question

Yes like the first one there will be three targets with eyebolts as piviots and shackels to hold. The two outside targets will be 8" rounds and the center will be like the ones in the second example
  14. Mark Stewart

Project question

I am building a stand for some one to hold steel targets. It will be a very simple design, two inverted t's with a stretcher across the top and some angled braces. My question is if my up right leg is 24" how long should the bottom leg be? Thanks
  15. Mark Stewart

Bandsaw help near Spruce Pine.

I would if I knew any of this. This as are all my projects kind of floating in the empty space they call my head. First I should say that its more like a viola case than violin. The overall shape of this case will be similar to this with the width at the bottom around 15" and the top around 6"...
  16. Mark Stewart

Paper backed veneer

looking for guidance on applying paper backed veneer. Any helpful hints welcome. Thanks
  17. Mark Stewart

Bandsaw help near Spruce Pine.

Is there anyone who lives near me with a band saw willing to do a bit of cutting to help me with a project?. I have finally gotten started on a violin case of sorts but need some band saw help. Thanks
  18. Mark Stewart

Picnic Update

I have smoked Jalapeño and bacon meatballs.
  19. Mark Stewart

Finally something to share

yes an old straight back kitchen chair. prop my feet up on the crossbar and just go to town. (or I will if I ever get all my stuff together)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS