Search results

1. D

Disposable Gloves

These vinyl gloves have doubled in price but at least they're available: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GTC8WR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pldnSite=1
  2. D

Need input on problem with wood allergies

My response was contact dermatitis - I ended up with a rash where the dust settled, around my neck, arms, hands and face. I never had a systemic reaction although that fate might have awaited me if I continued to use lacewood.
  3. D

Need input on problem with wood allergies

I'm very sensitive to lacewood but so far, knock on, well, wood, that's it. First I bought a powered respirator from Triton (https://www.amazon.com/Flagline-PRA001-Triton-Powered-Respirator/dp/B0000DEZO8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8) but it was so cumbersome and probably dangerous that I...
  4. D

16/4 Mahogany

You might try Bee Tree Hardwoods in Swannanoa
  5. D

A table for a chessboard

Glad to see someone's finally putting the Jessem jig to good use.
  6. D

Cabinet bed plan

Is this the kind of bed you're asking about? Amazon.com: Night & Day Furniture Poppy Skye with Mattress Murphy Cabinet Bed, Queen,: Kitchen & Dining I don't know where to get plans but first everyone needs to know what you're looking for.
  7. D

Sold: Bartley Collection Newport Chest on Chest kit

According to a 1996 webpage, this was originally priced at $3500. I hope someone will do it justice.
  8. D

Making the perfect wine barrel

There are some good videos online of professional barrel makers - not so much the stave dimension/production but rather forcing and holding the staves together
  9. D

We are now a Shaper Origin Dealer at The Woodworking Source

Interesting tool - but I wonder about paying $600 extra to extend the warranty from 1 to 2 years. That seems pretty steep.
  10. D

Woodcraft Bands

Just ordered nine blades and enjoyed a fairly long chat with John. If you use his blades you better stock up - he doesn't plan on being in the business forever.
  11. D

Some pics from a rare book

Hi Martin - I was fortunate to see some original Chinese furniture in Shanghai and Xi'an museums - very impressive. Their craftsmen often used very unique joinery in their furniture. Check out this video with Andrew Hunter for an example:
  12. D

Suggestion on Hold Fasts

Gramercy
  13. D

Lock Miter Bit opinions, good/bad?

The Kehoe jig (Infinity tools makes something similar) makes strong and attractive miters using a sliding tapered dovetail spline. I'm not sure if he's still in business - the website is pretty old.
  14. D

A place to sell work

It's very easy to saturate a limited market with unique items, even those that you assume have broad appeal. I used to make cutting boards to sell at a well-known Christmas craft show, with profits donated to the Eastern NC food bank. The first year I sold nearly $2000 in one day, the next year...
  15. D

Surprise Me!

Nogal with holly trim. Nix purpleheart for the reason James points out.
  16. D

Media Blasting Service

I saw the title and thought it might refer to a new cabinet-level position in the WH.
  17. D

Cool shop for somebody

Phil - That's a tremendous unit and a wonderful offer
  18. D

Work bench - top assembly

I used some 3/8" dowels that were marketed for the JessEm jig
  19. D

Work bench - top assembly

I made a template as described, drilled holes in the base and top and used dowels. No glue so you can easily remove the top. It's very stable under the normal shear forces exerted on the bench, and very simple
  20. D

Raised Garden Bed

Advice from the plant/soil perspective: If you build raised beds suspended above the ground surface, as depicted, make sure you use a commercial potting mix that drains well, such as MiracleGro (not a plug, but it is a good product). If you simply fill with native soil, the suspension interrupts...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS