Search results

1. bobby g

Workshop Closeout Sale

I'm offering all of the remaining tools and supplies from a deceased friends shop. It is located about 5 miles from the picnic site in The Preserve subdivision. All of the power tools have been sold. I plan to be there before and after the picnic. I'll be posting pictures of what's there...
  2. bobby g

CORRECTION-no TWA meeting tonight

In the thread that I posted about Tom McLaughlin doing a meeting presentation for TWA, I inadvertently listed the date as February 29th. Please note that it is March 29th. Sorry for the confusion. Note that the meeting will be at a special time. 4-6PM. Bob
  3. bobby g

Great Learning Opportunity with Tom McLaughlin - The Art of Chairmaking - March 30, 2024, 9 to 4:30 at Klingspor in Cary

Triangle Woodworkers Association (TWA) is hosting this full day seminar. Frequent Fine Woodworking contributor Tom McLaughlin, of Epic Woodworking will simplify the art of fine chairmaking, which is considered by many to be the most challenging of woodworking projects. Demonstrations will cover...
  4. bobby g

Great Learning Opportunity with Tom McLaughlin - The Art of Chairmaking - March 30, 2024 9 to 4:30 at Klingspor in Cary

Triangle Woodworkers Association (TWA) is hosting this full day seminar. Frequent Fine Woodworking contributor Tom McLaughlin, of Epic Woodworking will simplify the art of fine chairmaking, which is considered by many to be the most challenging of woodworking projects. Demonstrations will cover...
  5. bobby g

Long Grain Butcher Block Needed - about 24 X 30

Does anyone have piece of long grain butcher block about 24 X 30 they would like to sell? Thanks. Bob
  6. bobby g

Husky 52" X 24" Adjustable Height Table - NEW PRICE $175 - SOLD

Husky 52" X 24" Adjustable Height Table. Brand new. I bought the version with 2 drawers, took them out of the carton and put them on the 2-drawer unit that I already had. This yielded the version without drawers which is what's for sale. Weight capacity is 300#. I use the 46" version as my midi...
  7. bobby g

New Festool Sander + Woodpecker stand

We sand a lot of smaller parts in the shop these days and needed to find a better/faster way of doing it. I noticed in a recent ad from Woodpeckers that their sander stand is compatible with the Festool ETS EC 150/3 EQ-Plus sander and decided to pull the trigger on both. Both items are great...
  8. bobby g

Empty Festool Systainer - SOLD

Systainer from my new sander. $60. Pickup near Pittsboro, NC. Thanks for looking. Bob
  9. bobby g

1/4" thick HDPE - high density polyethylene - SOLD

We're going to Piedmont Plastics tomorrow to purchase a sheet of 1/4" HDPE. Note that this is not UHMW material. We use this in place of bottom cauls when doing glue ups. It's handy in the shop for other applications where you need a low friction surface like on jigs and fixtures. We really...
  10. bobby g

Looking to buy a Festool ETS EC 150/3 EQ 6'' Brushless Finishing Sander

Anyone out there have one that they wish to sell? Thanks. bobby g
  11. bobby g

Our own Jim Creasman will be the speaker at the Triangle Woodworkers meeting tomorrow night (Tuesday, Nov. 21) at 7PM

Our own Jim Creasman will be the speaker at the Triangle Woodworkers meeting tomorrow night (Tuesday, Nov. 21) at 7PM and you're all invited to attend. Your choice of in-person as TWA's guest at Klingspor's Woodworking Shop at 107 Edinburgh South Dr Ste 151, Cary, NC 27511 or online via a Zoom...
  12. bobby g

Jim Creasman will be the speaker at the Triangle Woodworkers meeting tomorrow night (Tuesday, Nov. 21)

Our own Jim Creasman will be the speaker at the Triangle Woodworkers meeting tomorrow night (Tuesday, Nov. 21) at 7PM and you're all invited to attend. Your choice of in-person as TWA's guest at Klingspor's Woodworking Shop at 107 Edinburgh South Dr Ste 151, Cary, NC 27511 or online via a Zoom...
  13. bobby g

New Charcuterie Serving Board Designs

My partner Jean came up with these "twisted ribbon" designs recently and executed them nicely. I wanted to share them with you. Thanks for looking. bobby g
  14. bobby g

Our weekend activity

Jean and I will be displaying/selling our wares at CenterFest in Durham tomorrow and Sunday. We'll be in Booth #C3 and would enjoy seeing you if you have a chance to stop by. A couple of product photos are shown below; two of our Charcuterie Serving Boards and Many of our phone stands. The rest...
  15. bobby g

Shop Fox 1671 Mortising Machine - SOLD - $225

Shop Fox W1671 Mortising Machine in good condition. I bought this used a short while ago for a non-mortising craft use. That bright idea did not work out so I'm selling it. 1/2" chisel and bit set included. $225 - cash only please. Located near Pittsboro. Thanks for looking. Bob
  16. bobby g

Wood ID Help Needed

We recently built this Charcuterie Serving Board and the wide strip in the center came from a scrap box that we bought. We love the look but would like to know its name so that we can purchase some. It is quarter sawn and was somewhat lighter before we applied the oil. It's going to be offered...
  17. bobby g

30" X 60" X 36"H Worktable - NEW PRICE

30" X 60" X 36"H worktable nicely hand crafted by the friend whose shop I'm helping to sell off. The top is made of two layers of 3/4 Baltic Birch PW covered with plastic laminate. It has a series of 3/4" holes drilled through to accept various clamps and hold-downs on the market. There are...
  18. bobby g

Porter Cable 4216 Dovetail Jig - SOLD

Porter Cable 4216 Dovetail Jig. This is another item from the shop clear out for a friend. Looks to be brand new or used once condition. It includes 3 templates - half-blind & sliding dovetails, through dovetails & box joint & miniature template (half-blind, through &box joints). Bits and...
  19. bobby g

Jet DC-1100 Dust Collector with 1 Micron Filter - SOLD

Another posting to help my friend clear out his shop. Jet DC-1100 Dust Collector with 1 Micron Filter. Was originally purchased with the cloth bag and then upgraded. 1100 CFM. Now wired for 230V but can easily be changed back to 115V. $650 is the selling price. Cash only please. (The filter...
  20. bobby g

Stanley Bailey No. 7 Jointer Plane - SOLD

Another post to help clear out my friend's workshop. Stanley Bailey No. 7 Jointer Plane. Looks to me to be in good condition. $95. Cash only please. Located near Jordan Lake. Thanks for looking. Bob

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors