Search results

1. cskipper

Seyco Scrollsaw

Who has a Seyco scrollsaw? I'm going to have questions.
  2. cskipper

Calculation of BF and cost

I have some odd pieces of lumber to sell and need a refresher on calculating bf and calculating how much to charge for the board. e.g. a board that is 9" wide and 8'3" long and 1" thick. Cost per bf is $12.70. How much is the board? Please show your math. Thanks
  3. cskipper

Tools for sale

Jet Dust Collector Model DC-1100A/C/RC $400 SOLD Jet 17-inch Drill Press Model DP-17MF $700 SOLD Ridgid Jointer/Planer 6-1/8" Model JP0610 $400 SOLD Delta 18 x 36 Drum Sander Model 31-250, 31-2555x Rikon 6" x 48" Belt and 10" Disc Sander $275 SOLD Ryobi Oscillating Sander $150 SOLD...
  4. cskipper

With deepest sympathy

With deepest sympathy I want to inform the group that the LOML, John, (stoneskippers) died on 6/30/21 after losing his fight with cancer. There will be a celebration of his life on Sunday 7/4 from 1-3 at McMahan's Funeral Home in Rutherfordton, NC.
  5. cskipper

I hate to give up on a saw but...

I just can't seem to keep a blade on this Pegas saw. I've tried everything shy of standing on my head trying to scroll or sprayed mystical water on it. For the life of me I cannot keep a blade in it for any length of time. I've adjusted the clamps, replaced the clamps, sanded parts, sanded...
  6. cskipper

New layered pieces

7. cskipper

It's here!! Updated

It's here!! My new Pegas scroll saw!!
  8. cskipper

Christmas ornament questions

Do you folks make ornaments to sell? If so, what woods do you use? What thickness? Do you use any finish on them? If so, what kind? If you do make them to sell, where do you sell them?
  9. cskipper

How do I find first unread post?

Is there a way for go to the first unread thread within a post?
  10. cskipper

Wood suppliers in NC

Is there a list of NC wood suppliers anywhere?
  11. cskipper

New resources - blank screens

I discovered the new resources heading and went to explore. No matter which I pull up I only get to basically a blank screen. I see some description if provided, and a place to even click on files on the right, but all result in a blank general screen. What am I doing wrong?
  12. cskipper

Thank you for the Mid Winter Blahs Picnic!

I had a delightful time at the Mid Winter Blahs Picnic today! Thanks to the folks who planned and coordinated this event! Also wanted to thank those who contributed door prizes.
  13. cskipper

Where can i find 1/8" hardwood plywood?

I've been working with 1/8" plywood lately and wondered if there is a supplier of 1/8" that's not Baltic Birch of Finnisih. Any suggestions?
  14. cskipper

Sunburst

. Four copies of the pattern by Gabriel Schama. LOML made the frame which barely catches all four pieces, which float freely. The top of the frame can be removed if the owner wishes to display the individual pieces separately. And yes, one of the four was glued up in the wrong orientation - oops.
  15. cskipper

Member search by city and/or county?

It seems like there used to be a way to search for members by city or at least county. Is there a way to search that way?
  16. cskipper

I got my courage up to try this

I have wanted to try one of these but have been hesitant for fear of ruining wood. Scott's cross encouraged me to give it a shot. I think it turned out fairly well. Unfortunately my photography still stinks.
  17. cskipper

A Mother's Love - pattern by Aniki L Sorensen

This pattern had approximately 200 inside cuts. The matting is solid green - the picture caught some reflection n.
  18. cskipper

Cross

Cut from mahogany for appearance - but is very fragile. How do I glue it to a backer? Or should I frame it? Suggestions please.
  19. cskipper

Nerw horse, unknown designer

20. cskipper

Which background do you like best?

I cut this horse from spalted maple. I am showing it with the traditional dark background, which is very dramatic. I'm also showing it with a light background (BB, could use lighter) - which is kind of interesting. Which do you like best?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS