Search results

1. J

Tablesaw - adjustment and tuning

So why is the angle apparently changing on the Wixy gauge? Should a test cut with the new 45 degree zero clearance insert still measure 45 degrees regardless of what the Wixy gauge says?
  2. J

Who can help me plane a rough cut piece of hardwood

The OP is in Apex. I'll send him a link to Scott Smith in New Hill. Contact Scott Smith. 919-291-0095
  3. J

Does anyone have one 3m n95 mask I can buy from you?

Where did you hear or read that malarkey? Good luck on your airline flight to see your brother and have a nice visit.
  4. J

Wine rack

I'm fine and the wine rack is repaired. I'll post pictures. I still have to put the cherry top back on the rack.
  5. J

Wanting to make a salt and pepper mill

Crush 'N Grind https://www.amazon.com/CrushGrind-Pepper-Spice-Grinder-Mechanism/dp/B01N1ZQ9NF https://www.woodworkingshop.com/product/cg26000/ http://www.klingsporwoodworking.com/pdfs/CG26000.pdf
  6. J

Does anyone have one 3m n95 mask I can buy from you?

N95 masks are discouraged for use outside of a healthcare setting. The general public should not use them for air travel or general use. They may seem like "the gold standard" for protection but not for the general public...
  7. J

DIY Solar Install?

Dealing with all of the power company regulations and others will extend the time on the learning curve. It would be better to hire a licensed solar installer company that already knows the regulations and how do deal with them. Plus they have the connections within the industry to get things...
  8. J

Wine rack

There were about 12/15 wine bottles in the rack but none broke fortunately. That's good for my arse!
  9. J

Sanding sealer / wood prep

Which ones and who makes them?
  10. J

Planer will not feed boards through

1. Acetone is not a petroleum based product and it should be okay for cleaning your rollers as well as isopropyl alcohol or ethanol. Mineral spirits is petroleum based and may make them sticky (gummy).
  11. J

You didn't answer my question.
  12. J

Do you mean sanding sealers and not staining sealers? Which products "on the market" are you asking about? It helps to know what's in them specifically. I use Zinnser Seal Coat. It's a 2lb cut of dewaxed shellac in alcohol. Sometimes it's good to further dilute 1:1 with alcohol.
  13. J

This cost $48,000.00

Thank you Martin. How did you find it? It's not anywhere close to $48,000.
  14. J

This cost $48,000.00

I can't play the video so I have no idea what you're talking about or what it's supposed to do! Rick Lax is a magician!
  15. J

Swapped out fluorescents for LEDs

I made that switch several years ago. What a bright idea! My T8s went to the trash.
  16. J

Wine rack

It's a lincoln log style modular rack that I built in 2010 from cherry. I fell on it yesterday and broke off a lot of the dado end pieces that make it a criss-cross style. I'm gluing the pieces back on so I'll see how it holds up when it's put back together.
  17. J

Falling a Walnut Tree

OP is you, the original poster that started the thread. More about air drying.
  18. J

PurpleHeart

Thanks. I have no idea why the color changed so rapidly in sections of the same board almost at the same time. I don't know what causes the color in purpleheart but whatever it is maybe there are different concentrations of it in different sections of your board. ?????
  19. J

PurpleHeart

You can't stop it no matter what you do or how you finish it. It's like cherry darkening with age.
  20. J

Falling a Walnut Tree

The OP is in Southern Pines. Jack will do a nice job but how is he gonna get his logs to Jack in Bunn, NC? 100 miles each way.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS