Search results

1. HMH

Source for (quality) split rail fencing in Raleigh area

Does anyone happen to know any good local resources for quality split rail fencing in the central part of the state? I know that Lowe’s/ HD has it available, but I’m looking today, their stuff was pretty rough….. I only need a very small amount to wrangle in loose basketballs for a new court...
  2. HMH

Does anyone own a Makita LS1019L miter? Need dimensions.

Good morning all - random, and possibly a long-shot, but does anyone happen to own the newer Makita 10" sliding miter saw, that would be able to take a couple measurements for me? I cant seem to find any of these on display anywhere local to measure myself. Long story short - I have another...
  3. HMH

Finishing/ sealing ROUGH sawn cedar

Hi folks - finally wrapping up an outdoor kitchen project I started awhile back, and will be installing a western cedar arbor behind it, wired for lights, etc. after reading several recommendations online, I went w/ rough sawn cedar vs plained/ smooth, as the rough sawn lets sealer get deeper...
  4. HMH

finish advise for small turned items, (bottle stoppers, small handles, etc)

Afternoon all - I just setup a small lathe kit, primarily for my oldest son (13), and the 2 of us, (hopefully), will be tearing in over the next few weeks making several small items for Christmas gifts, (pens, bottle stoppers, and bottle openers) for friends/ family. That said - I've always...
  5. HMH

Delta Rockwell DP220 SOLD: 14" drill press (restored w/ table raising mech)

Good afternoon all - I caved on bought Rick_B's 17" Delta press, so passing along it's baby brother, my previously restored DP220 (14"). This is a FANTASTIC quality press for it's size, no contest against any new presses of this size in terms of build quality, and was rebuilt nuts and bolts...
  6. HMH

Outdoor pergola/ arbor post foundation options - avoiding rot

Good evening folks - I'm underway w/ an outdoor kitchen build, and will be building a 2-post arbor/ pergola to locate behind the primary grill to serve as a nice backdrop/ mounting point for some additional lighting, etc. Ultimately (2) 6x6 posts, supporting a split 2x8 beam spanning between...
  7. HMH

Fairly terrifying - Stepping back to revaluate what happened

So documenting a fairly terrifying event from last weekend for the group as A) a conversation starter re: what went wrong/ better ways to prevent, and B) a PSA of sorts to remind us to all stay on our toes... FORTUNATELY - I WAS NOT HARMED. I still have all of my fingers, and no carbide...
  8. HMH

Workbench flattening for a hand-tool 'newb"

Good afternoon all - as the title states, I'm somewhat more experienced in the realm of power-tools than the nuances of hand-tool use on a larger scale. That said, I've been putting off building a solid workbench for myself for some time, and in the meantime, right place/ right time, happened...
  9. HMH

Shop cleaning: Dewalt 735 planer WITH Shelix head, Biesemeyer fence, Delta Rockwell lathe, Sawstop overarm dust collection, etc

Hi all - hopefully all of the stuff in this add doesn’t get overlooked, but I didn’t want to flood the forum. In an ever-progressing attempt to lay out a functional shop w/in “my half” of that garage, I’m passing along a few tools/ accessories that I do not need for my personal project uses...
  10. HMH

New old stock

It pays to be dillegent my friends. I had a Unifence on the PM66 I sold when I moved, prior to building - and have replaced the saw, but always missed that fence. Found this brand new in the box old stock piece, still marked w/ and sold for the late ‘op’s/ early 2000’s price, (plus $75 to...
  11. HMH

Router Table extension wing bummer

Good morning folks - hope everyone had a great Christmas! A bit of a bummer/ lesson learned yesterday afternoon - I bought myself a Rockler/ BenchDog Cast Iron router table/ extension wing to mount to my old Unisaw earlier in the month, intended to be a space saver/ quality upgrade from my...
  12. HMH

Shop Cleanup: Router Table, DC Remote, Bora Centipede XL

Hey there folks - reeling the shop setup in after setting up here at the new place, and have a few surplus tools/ fixtures to pass along - highly preferred to deal w/ those here vs. Marketplace, Craigs, etc. 1. SOLD 2. SOLD 3. SOLD Thanks all!
  13. HMH

SOLD - 1/2 Phenolic Sheets (5'x5') black

Hi all, Clearing out/ reorganizing a bit, and realized that I still have (3) sheets of 5'x5' - 1/2" black phenolic that I purchased from Bruce (Sawman101) last March. Plans have changed for what was my intended use, (i.e. "indestructible" work table tops), and would like to offer these up to...
  14. HMH

SOLD: Misc. Dust collection fittings (leftovers) CHEAP!

Hi folks, wrapped up my DC runs last weekend, and passing along the leftovers. What you see in the pics, is what you get, (note that I originally picked up this piping second-hand myself), so some pieces/ configurations come "pre-assembled", and may need to be cannibalized or your use. Not a...
  15. HMH

Decision made to downsize "shop" - upcoming "clean-out sale"

GM folks, after going on a tear to "rebuild" my previous shop after a recent move into a new home that I built - I've taken a step back and doing a little soul-searching and come to the conclusion, that at this point in my life, I've really just fallen into the trappings of the "hunt" (i.e. the...
  16. HMH

Any "sound guys" or gals here?

Good afternoon all, Long story short - I was recently burned on a DC deal wherein I sold off my "decent" DC in favor of an upgraded unit, that was subsequently removed for sale after I sold mine - it happens. That said, given the market and relative scarcity of used equipment right now, I've...
  17. HMH

Aftermarket TS options - recommendations welcome

Hey folks, As I continue to unpack and setup my old tools in the new shop space, I just finished getting everything dialed-in on my old Unisaw. That said - my fence is a "home-made Biesemeyer" that a machinist friend of mine fabbed for me years ago. It's the typical T-square style lock-up and...
  18. HMH

VERY SPECIFIC Miter Saw/ drill press dust collection question.

Good afternoon folks - I know that miter saw dust collection, (and dust collection in general), is a well-beaten and often controversial topic, so keeping this 20K feet above the weeds - in setting up my new space, I do have a VERY SPECIFIC question for the group, if there has been anyone who...
  19. HMH

Lumber Storage - anyone use a connex for long-term storage?

Good morning folks, Somewhat getting back into the game here after a few year hiatus. I just finished building a new home, and am setting up a new/ dedicated shop space in 1 bay of a 3-car garage. Given the frequency of my woodworking/ "free-time", I'm planning on leaving this arrangement for...
  20. HMH

ALL CLAIMED: 5/8" PREFINISHED Baltic Birch Plywood (4x8)

*ALL CLAIMED* Good morning folks, Gauging interest here - I have been in contact w/ a gentleman up towards Mt. Airy, (Craigslist post), that is selling a large quantity of 4x8- 5/8" PREFINISHED baltic birch ply. B/BB grade, (i.e. a couple football patches on the faces, but that's somewhat...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors